October 12, 2003

That Whole DiVinci Code Thing

I'm always skeptical about conventional wisdom, especially when it comes to books. I caved and finally read The DiVinci Code. Well worth it - highly recommended.

Posted by Chris at October 12, 2003 11:45 AM
Comments

If you read the first chapter you are hooked. Well researched and well written it is a pleasure to read.

No doubt some will be challanged by hearing that their one church is riddled with a dark past. And what religion isnt? The fun is to learn something in everything you read. So go enjoy a great mystery.

Posted by: invictus at December 23, 2003 9:00 AM

Posted by: invictus at December 23, 2003 9:00 AM

I loved this book, I would love to cast this book for a movie if I were a director.

Posted by: rodney at January 18, 2004 6:46 PM

i think this book is great. the mystery's intensity had me hooked from the beginning and i couldnt put it down. the general knowledge for an art/religion history novice as myself, is quite facinating. Brown really did his homework on this one, fiction or not.

Posted by: jill at January 28, 2004 7:44 PM

I loved this book. If you like mystery novels and art then you shoud most defantly read it.

Posted by: Kwaneisha Green at March 22, 2004 2:38 PM

One chapter and you are hooked. I could not put it down. A noval that leaves you with something to think and talk about.

Posted by: Miri at April 20, 2004 10:29 PM

I haven't read it, heard great things about it and I'm posting because there is a movie in the works. It's going to star Angelina Jolie and Richard Gere.

Posted by: at April 24, 2004 7:07 PM

It was a very good book, I also read Angels and Demons, its as good if not better then the Divinci Code. Im currently reading deception point which is another of Dan Browns books.

Posted by: Tim Dawson at April 27, 2004 6:01 PM

The book is good as a work of fiction. However, as a history lover I must say most of the underlying claims are absolutely ficticious with no historical basis. The subject itself is very interesting though, and I hope it will inspire people to do more historical research.

Posted by: Dion Wilson at May 3, 2004 10:14 PM

I have read some of the stuff in the book on the internet and am not an immediate convert but much of it is plausible.

Posted by: Youcan'thandlethetruth at May 22, 2004 1:19 AM

Fun read. For the devoutly faithful Christian...careful not to take too literal.

Posted by: Charles at June 27, 2004 2:30 PM

As an example of historical fiction, as this novel is apparently claiming to be, Mr. Brown has clearly done very little homework and has created a work based on fabrication and downright lies. Even an atheist would cringe at this. However, if this was based on Muslim history, Mr. Brown would have a bounty on his head. As a short term visitor to your planet, it is easy to see that everyone picks on Christians. I wonder why?

Posted by: Brian at June 30, 2004 1:12 AM

this is a great book of fiction. Yet most don't realize that there is some truth to the overlying claim. It seems to me that the biggest point of contention amoung christians when reading this book is the marriage of Jesus. To tell the truth that is considered a historical fact to many. So what? It doesn't change anything.

Posted by: jason at July 10, 2004 11:42 AM

This book claims that men not inspired by God wrote the Bible but they basing much of the book on da Vinci who if I'm not mistaken was a MAN. Enough said. The parts of history that are fact in the book did facinate me though.

Posted by: beth at August 2, 2004 2:53 PM

i was very happy to read this book,it confirmed some suspitions of mine,like the bible been written by old men who despise woman,amazing how so many fell and forgot their feelings of equality,
but i like the sound of the godesses,in ireland before st pat, came we woman had a right to live free and look out for all,now the men stick togather i feel, against women,in many ways

Posted by: grainne at September 18, 2004 2:00 PM

A complete page turner, would recommend this book to anyone. Facinating historical references, cant wait to read angels and deamons. My next holiday is definately going to be paris. Being a Scot I can recommend a vist to Roslin Chapel it is a fasinating day, was there on a beautifull summers day a couple of years ago and as you step inside the chapel its like steping into an ice box.

Posted by: Alistair at October 11, 2004 3:07 PM

Whether you believe the Bible or not, please read the "DiVinci Code - Fact or Fiction" by Hank Hanegraaff and Paul Meier. Mr. Hanegraaff is President of Christian Research Institute - based in California and Mr. Meier is a well known Professor of History - having graduated from Harvard University.

Posted by: Barbara Rice at October 21, 2004 10:49 AM