December 21, 2003

Return of the King

We ventured out yesterday to brave the crowds and catch Return of the King. I'm not a huge fantasy fan - I've never read any of the Lord of the Rings novels, nor do I plan to - but I've enjoyed the entire series of movies. Return of the King was no exception. Peter Jackson could die tomorrow and be satisfied that he's directed three of the finest films ever brought to the screen. All movies should hope to be this good.

To the asshats sitting next to me: Did you really have to talk through the whole movie? And I know you were trying to be all cool and manly but I saw you cry at the end so don't pretend it didn't happen.

Posted by Chris at December 21, 2003 10:09 AM
Comments

Theres something to cry about??
Oh No!
I'm taking Liam to see it tomorrow..!!

Posted by: Cheeky Girl at December 21, 2003 12:28 PM

HEY! YOU MENTIONED CRYING! I don't want to know about crying! or any other emotion showed at this movie until I can SEE IT damn you! you've ruined it all! *goes in the corner and cries*

ok. maybe not. but still. harumph. and those movies definitely are one of the finest trilogies I've ever laid eyes on. everytime I see a preview or clip from ANY of them, I get goosebumps and I swear I want to cry.

don't tell anyone, though.

Posted by: Jessica at December 21, 2003 6:21 PM

Personally, I thank you. I know now to wear my waterproof makeup or none at all :)

I am a cryer, though. I better take Kleenex too. I'll take enough for the people around me as well :)

Posted by: Alicia at December 21, 2003 6:45 PM

Aw. You really should read the books. The movies are great, but within the books lies the story. I do remember though, it was tremendously hard to get through the final book, but when I finally did it was worth all the effort.

Posted by: wlfldyz at December 22, 2003 8:12 AM

Chris, I was crying in the *beginning* of the movie from PURE joy. WHAT A MOVIE!!! What a ride!! But we ALSO had a group of *asshats* sitting behind us. [well, actually... KIDS]. Unfortunately, we chose to go to an afternoon matinee instead of the 10:20pm late-night show [where no children would have been present]. I wanted to turn around and dump my super-size Coca-Cola on their heads.

For the first half hour all we heard was [amongst loud cow-chomping on popcorn and the loud crackling of candy wrappers]: Is that Smeagol? *SShhhh!!!* What's he doing? *SShhhhh!!!!!!* Why's he doing that? *SSSshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* Are you sure that's Smeagol? *SSSsssshhhhhhh!!!* That's not Schmeegel!!?? *Sshhh shhhhh sssshhhh!!!!*

AArrrrgghhh!! But once absorbed in the movie it quieted down... and WHAT a brilliant masterpiece!!

Posted by: *Dee* at December 22, 2003 9:15 AM

I'm going to try and talk my sister into going to see that while she is home for Christmas. I can't believe you let on that there is crying at the end tsk tsk tsk

Posted by: Jaded Angel at December 22, 2003 9:55 AM

LOL big cry babies. :)

Posted by: katherine at December 22, 2003 12:30 PM

I haven't seen it, but I'm so sorry you had to sit by people who talked throughout the movie. I always give people like that evil glares. It sometimes shuts them up, but they usually have no idea that what they are doing is rude!

Posted by: Dawn at December 22, 2003 1:29 PM