December 10, 2003

Seeing Stars

Does everyone have a list of celebrities they're allowed to sleep with? For instance, if I'm in an elevator with, say, Keira Knightley, the elevator stalls, the end of the world is near (earthquakes in Virginia probably do not count) and she's marginally interested, we can have sex. She's on my list. Conversely, I fully understand that, should my wife find herself in a compromising position with Jude Law, she's allowed to do whatever she sees fit. He's on her list.

Do you have a list? Who's on it?

Posted by Chris at December 10, 2003 9:39 AM
Comments

Do somewhat-celebrities count? Meaning, they're famous to a point, but not EVERYONE knows who they are?

Posted by: Tara at December 10, 2003 10:26 AM

Oh the laminated list! We say that there is a limit to 5:

Ed Kowalczyk [Lead singer of Live]
Gabriel Byrne
Lucy Liu [What? She's HOT!]
Mel Gibson [Who're we kidding, he's beautiful]
Ron Livingston

Posted by: katherine at December 10, 2003 10:42 AM

My list is short: Henry Rollins

Posted by: Mac at December 10, 2003 10:58 AM

Jack White =)

Posted by: Marie at December 10, 2003 11:44 AM

Lou Barlow (so that everyone gets to see what I said in my email).

Posted by: Tara at December 10, 2003 12:06 PM

I'm so with your wife on this one.

Posted by: Anne at December 10, 2003 12:52 PM

I should give Jude Law another look...

Posted by: katherine at December 10, 2003 1:05 PM

Hmm..
Vin Diesel
Nicolas Cage
Angelina Jolie :-D

Posted by: Theresa at December 10, 2003 3:44 PM

For me it would be the delicious Viggo Mortenson (Aragorn in Lord of the Rings)
And I give husband full permission to GO FOR IT if trapped in an elevator just before the end of the world as we know it with Cameron Diaz.

Posted by: Fi at December 10, 2003 6:56 PM

as I said earlier in our conversation: david boreanaz... for sure. and.. bruce willis. don't laugh! he may be older, but I have a thing for older guys. ;D

Posted by: Jessica at December 10, 2003 6:59 PM

I'd be with Fi, well, I mean that I would like to have Viggo on my list. But I'm not allowed to have a list. Tom's mean that way. He also won't let me marry Antonio Banderas or flirt with the amazing girl with the great eyebrows from such movies as Thirteen Conversations about One Thing and But I'm a Cheerleader.

That would be my list:
Viggo Mortenson
Clea Duvall
Antonio
..oh, and, um, I'd really really like to add Josh Hamilton, but only as Grover from Kicking and Screaming. If it were the end of the world having someone as gloomy as him would probably be useful, but mostly I just love anyone who seems like they'd read to me things that they'd written. God, I need to watch that movie tonight.

Posted by: Del at December 10, 2003 9:58 PM

Antonio Banderas... there is NO other.

But just recently I had a man speak to me that looked like a very young, very sexy Antonio Banderas... same eyes, same accent, same hair...

So, if things got a bit steamy with HIM..... do look-alikes count?

Posted by: *Dee* at December 10, 2003 10:04 PM

I agree with your wife -- Jude Law, most definitely.

Posted by: Dawn at December 11, 2003 1:51 AM

I guess one of the advantages of being perpetually single is that you don't HAVE to make a list. Any celebrity is technically "open territory." :)

Posted by: Zandria at December 11, 2003 7:42 AM

When you think about it, this is a good game. Your significant other probably has a certain taste in men. Therefore, we can conclude that because she is into men who look like Jude Law, she must think that you have similar traits. I think we should do a side-by-side comparison.

Posted by: katherine at December 11, 2003 7:57 AM

My list has:

Justin Timberlake
Paul Teutel Jr. (from American Chopper)
Mark Walhberg
Ryan Phillipe
and mr.kimmie and I both have Angelina Jolie on the list. Rawr!

Previous members of my list have been Leo DiCaprio, Joe MacIntyre of New Kids and Colin Farrell. Well Colin would still be on it except that he's been around the block so much, it kinda skeeves me out!

Posted by: Kimmie at December 11, 2003 9:33 AM

Aah- the "Top 5" list. Mine's a constantly changing one, but right now it goes a little something like this (in no particular order):

Matt Damon (I love his smile)
Brad Pitt (not for his looks so much as he's just such a self-deprecating smart ass and I love it!)
Derek Jeter (mmm, mmm good)
Andy Garcia
Peter Krause (Six Feet Under guy)

Posted by: Kristi at December 11, 2003 9:39 AM

I would like to state for the record that I am 150% behind the idea of my mate having a "list." But he is constantly telling me that he does not.

I don't believe him.

Posted by: Del at December 11, 2003 6:04 PM

Interesting game... intriguing, really. But if I were inclined to entertain getting horizontal with a "celeb" (gotta admit, I'm not really starstruck), I would undoubtedly see real people who fit the bill, and go for that. Which would be rather stupid since I'm head over heels for my lover, Sarah.
I'm more into reality than fantasy I guess... it keeps Sarah mighty busy but happy (so she says, anyway... hope that's right!).

Posted by: Zach at December 26, 2003 7:23 PM

Who says you can't comment on a post that's 3 weeks old?

1) Matt Damon
2) Robbie Williams
3) Jude Law
4) Ewan McGregor
5) Jay Kay/Stuart Townsand/Johnny Depp

Sorry, I couldn't think of who wins the number 5 spot LOL

Posted by: Irma at December 30, 2003 4:08 PM

excuse me.... is it just me or are there a lot of Bi sexual women posting on this site? Not that there's anything wrong with that....????

Posted by: brenda at February 1, 2004 10:44 AM

Who is that girl that is after Jude Law look alikes ...can You tell me .My friend looks alot like Jude Law.

Posted by: Tony at April 1, 2004 7:47 PM

Johnny Depp (johnny depp)
Adam Yauch (beastie boys)
Lil Jon (YEAH)