December 22, 2003

Weekend Recap

While it wasn't the most exciting weekend in the world, here's what happened:

Friday
After work on Friday, I did a little looking around for some extra Christmas gifts but came up empty. Beth and I headed to my folks' place for a nice quiet dinner and good conversation in front of the fire.

Saturday
I finished most of my Christmas shopping on Saturay. Loosely translated, I spent the afternoon standing in long lines. After that, however, we saw Return of The King - as I mentioned previously it was fantastic. Followed by some good Italian take out and some vegging in front of the fire with Trading Spaces, what could be better?

Sunday
Beth and I spent a while on Sunday at her parents' house - they've recently redone their house and were having a holiday-themed open house. Much fun was had by all. Then - surprise - more Christmas shopping!'

We watched Abandon. I'll say this - the movie was better than the book but it still sucked. The acting was alright but it was slow. Why watch the movie if the book was that bad? Because the book was so bad I really stopped trying to figure out what was happening half-way through. Sadly, my reaction to the movie wasn't all that different.

Posted by Chris at December 22, 2003 10:30 AM
Comments

Even weirder? I didn't even know that there was a movie called Abandon. But I guess that's no big loss.

Posted by: feisty girl at December 22, 2003 11:38 AM

I shall abandon the thought of seeing that movie. I will continue to pretend I've never heard about it before... since before this post, I'd never heard about it before. Oh, and thanks ALOT for the cookie teaser!! Me, sitting here in an office all alone, with all the goodies confiscated by the bosses... *heavy sigh* Is it 2:30 yet?? [yeah, I go home at 2:30 every day... slacker hours, I KNOW... hehehe]

Posted by: Dee at December 22, 2003 1:53 PM

I went to bed about 30 minutes into it. I was disapointed because the previews made it look like it would be good.

Posted by: Jaded Angel at December 22, 2003 2:13 PM

Abandon was not the best movie, I'll agree. The cookies looked yummy.

When you said you looked around for extra gifts after work Friday I thought you meant looking for secret santa gifts that people had left behind! Shit, I need a drink.

And thoughts of vegging by a fire sound wonderful.

Posted by: Kimmie at December 22, 2003 4:08 PM

Forest Gump was a horrible novel, but a great movie..so you never know.

Posted by: Ginny at December 22, 2003 5:31 PM

pass me the cookies please? =)

Posted by: tiffanie at December 24, 2003 12:38 AM