January 12, 2004

No, I'm Not Compulsive!

I've talked to a lot of people about books lately. I always mention that I have quite a few on the shelf I haven't managed to get through. Perhaps I downplayed that a bit. Judge for yourself...

UPDATE: Just to clarify (as scary as this may be), these are the one's I haven't read. There are more, chock full of books I've made it through.

Posted by Chris at January 12, 2004 5:19 PM
Comments

Amazon responsible for this... this... glut?!!! Hmmm?!!!

Posted by: Amber at January 12, 2004 5:33 PM

which ones are the books you 'haven't managed to get through'? =P

Posted by: Judy at January 12, 2004 5:47 PM

I was going to ask too, two bookshelves full of books waiting to be read?

heaven. and hell. which to read next? Do you have an order to your booklist?

Posted by: Alicia at January 12, 2004 6:02 PM

Dude, that looks a lot like my bookcase...

Posted by: :: jozjozjoz :: at January 12, 2004 6:02 PM

Ah, at long last we have the famous bookshelves. As long as you have books you'll never be bored. :)

Posted by: Zandria at January 12, 2004 6:04 PM

Wow, that is alot of books.

Posted by: Adrienne at January 12, 2004 6:11 PM

Wow! I am sure that I havent read that many books in my entire life, nor will I, I imagine! Looks like my bedroom and computer parts!

Dew

Posted by: dewnut at January 12, 2004 6:21 PM

Careful...a book collection like that could make a girl fall for you. *swoons* I want to vacation in your study!

Posted by: mindy at January 12, 2004 6:33 PM

i have that exact same pair of speakers. :)

Posted by: r at January 12, 2004 7:22 PM

I made the mistake of asking for books a few months back when I broke my leg. now I have boxes and boxes of books that people sent me that I know I'm not going to read.
I guess "not having the time to read" is better than "not having the abilitiy to read".

Posted by: liz at January 12, 2004 7:45 PM

heheheeee... looks like our books except they are not on a shelf *woooops* LOL most are still in boxes.

Posted by: Rachel in Alaska at January 12, 2004 8:46 PM

I'm jealous of that collection.

Posted by: boots at January 12, 2004 9:10 PM

It's like I'm looking at my shelves! I'll have to get a picture up. Don't you love looking at them though? I like looking at the books I've read. It's like remembering time travel or something like that.

Posted by: Charlene at January 12, 2004 9:24 PM

Books are the key to knowledge.

Posted by: Agatha at January 12, 2004 10:28 PM

Those shelves are entirely too tidy, so I know mine didn't somehow migrate back to where I used to live.

Posted by: Linkmeister at January 13, 2004 1:11 AM

I've heard reading makes you smart.. so you must be very very very intelligent ;)

Posted by: Sweety at January 13, 2004 3:05 AM

You must have been a student at some point. My book shelf looks like yours, every now and again, I'll go peruse the shelf, and grab a book, look at it and think wow, I studied this?, Shit i really dont ever recall reading this book, hahahahaha. But thats just me... I buy alot of books on a whim mostly, depending on my mood at the time and quite often never read it, its a weird habit i know. But what am I to do I like the printed word!!!!!

Posted by: shaners at January 13, 2004 7:08 AM

btw,
there IS
a hyphen in
anal-retentive...

Posted by: stacy at January 13, 2004 7:13 AM

Doesn't that happen to everybody?
Okay, I'm a book junkie too. I had to start giving some of the older ones away to make room for the new arrivals. But there are still quite a few that I'm SURE I'll read... just not today.

Posted by: Ana at January 13, 2004 10:47 AM

LMAO!!!! We have discovered your addiction. Some intervention is definitely in order... or perhaps, you could wheel a loaner cart around until you have a chance to read all of them yourself... hehe Hey, by chance do you have a copy of The DaVinci Code???? :-)

Posted by: Dee at January 13, 2004 2:10 PM

Heh that's what my bookcases are starting to look like. In a fit of optimism about clearing out my library, I joined BookCrossings, but so far I haven't been able to part with a single book. Not even the ones that were so bad I couldn't finish reading them. Because there's always that chance that one day I MIGHT read it. ;)

Posted by: pie at January 13, 2004 2:27 PM

Oh - I covet your bookshelf. I have about that many stacked on top of a table in our bedroom (the bookshelf has been in the garage awaiting painting for about 5 months). All those books waiting to be savored - tasty!

Posted by: Kelly at January 14, 2004 1:07 PM