February 13, 2004

A Half Day-Off In The Life

How have I spent my day, you may ask? Well, I've got an answer for you!

I started the day at 6:00 this morning by resisting the urge to get back in bed and stay comfy and warm. Once I made up my mind, though, I got up and worked for a while, taking the occasional break to read some blogs. I worked for another few hours then went downstairs to see what was up in the world. Turns out, not a hell of a lot - certainly nothing that I wanted to pay close attention to. Then it was time to hop in the shower and shave.

After I polished off the last few pages of the book I was reading and wrote it down, I headed out into the absolutely gorgeous day! Thankfully I had my shades although such a nice day in the middle of the winter had me driving a little fast. After a couple of stops, I was done and ready to head home.

When I got back, I headed down to my music room and finished putting a CD together. I spent a little time catching up on some bass playing as well. Fingers tired, I watched a few TiVoed shows then camped out in the living room to start a new book.

Hey, nobody said it was going to be exciting!

Posted by Chris at February 13, 2004 4:37 PM
Comments

Seriously- you never fail to make me laugh :) I especially loved the shaving picture but will admit I wasn't sure if I should open the "shower" picture but did. Thankfully it was PG-rated :)

I loved the guitar picture and have to say you have quite impeccable handwriting for a boy (guy, man, whatever!). Looks like you had a fun day :)

Posted by: Kristi at February 13, 2004 4:45 PM

I want your day. I sat in meetings and edited documents. No windows in the office either.

Posted by: Krush at February 13, 2004 4:45 PM

*ahem* I know that CD was made specifically for moi!

p.s. moi is French for Me.

Posted by: katherine at February 13, 2004 4:59 PM

Oh man...I am so completely jealous!

I was more concerned about the picture of the spedometer while driving. Yikes! (Although the shower one was scary too.)

Posted by: Joe at February 13, 2004 5:10 PM

it was exciting enough for me,
and i only heard about it...

Posted by: stacy at February 13, 2004 5:49 PM

Yep, blew my day away, except for the part where we snuck off to a restaurant and ate bowls full of mussels and Bananas Foster... mmmmm...

(You keep lists of books you read?? I can't even keep lists of my children's names!)

Posted by: mindy at February 13, 2004 6:00 PM

Hehe, how trippy to see something I drew, for someone I've never met, on a computer miles and miles away, from somewhere I've never been. COOL!

Posted by: Anne at February 13, 2004 6:05 PM

Oh how I wish I was you today. Hopefully that will be me tomorrow afternoon. Just doing what I want no matter how boring it may seem to others.. it will be MY heaven.

Posted by: Charlene at February 13, 2004 7:16 PM

see? totally different...it's starting to weird me out, maaaaaaan ;) (j/k!)

Posted by: lilly at February 13, 2004 7:32 PM

New to your blog by way of Amy. A day in pictures! How FUN! Very creative, and dude your handwriting KILLS me. So good!

Posted by: Lauren at February 13, 2004 8:13 PM

Write down the books you read as you finish them. That's a great idea.

I wish I'd done that.

Posted by: Jon at February 13, 2004 9:14 PM

Sounds like fun... I worked all day, Happy Valentines Day at the preschool, nuttin' like a bunch of sugared-up children to make a day perfect.

Posted by: Ginny at February 13, 2004 9:24 PM

hmmm, creative and organized. I am jealous too. I was iffy on opening the shower picture like Kristi was. But I did. We all did. You psyched us out. My goal is to be organized and write in that neat, artistic way like you do. Were you ever in art or architecture?

Were you on a residential street? I am not sure I ever go 60.

Posted by: Alicia at February 13, 2004 11:38 PM

I second, or third, or fourth or whatever - I love your writing. I also was afraid of the shower pic, but upon reading comments and seeing the rating, saw it. Very clever.

Posted by: Heather at February 14, 2004 12:24 AM

PS - I love your apartment, as seen from the perspective of your feet. Good colours and stuff.

Posted by: Heather at February 14, 2004 12:42 AM

Oh my God! I just came on here to comment, and I saw Anne's comment from way over there in Seattle-land. I was going to say, "Mr. Cactus! You were reading my blog today. And there's a picture of it and everything." And of course Anne is going to feel proud (as she should!) because she's the one who created said picture. :)

Only you would include the pictures that you did, as only you could. "Read some blogs"...good choice. :) "Shave"...classic. Way too cute. The picture that you took of your "gorgoues day"...is that your car as well? Good choice for a "stop." I can't make out what you have on your list of "finished putting a CD together", but maybe I'll find out soon enough. Oh, and the pic of "start a new book"...your living room is so cute. Trendy, yet edgy at the same time. It fits you. :)

Posted by: Zandria at February 14, 2004 1:28 AM

What a great post. Thanks so much for sharing your day with us.

Cas
Happy Valentine's day.
ps. Love your shoes

Posted by: cassie-b at February 14, 2004 10:59 AM

What do you mean that's not exciting? That's extremely exciting! By the way- your shoes are really shinny. That's just an observation.

Posted by: Maureen at February 14, 2004 3:02 PM

that was great! and i just HAD to say that Biolage shampoo is the greatest ever. that's all i ever use (unless i'm poor and can't afford it, but i recently stocked up. hell yeah.) mmmm...

Posted by: tiffanie at February 14, 2004 4:00 PM