February 20, 2004

Freedom...And A Penny

You may well wonder why I'm so willing to part with a penny. The answer? We got our income tax refund and with it we paid off every single dime of our credit card debt. Yay us! So really, a penny is the least I can do. Go vote.

Posted by Chris at February 20, 2004 10:24 AM
Comments

If you really wanted to be a BIG spender, you could part with another penny and literally give someone your two cents' worth! LOL

I crack myself up! Can you tell I'm excited that it's Friday?!?

Posted by: Kristi at February 20, 2004 10:38 AM

WOOHOO! That's so awesome (paying off the debt, I mean). I paid off a chunk of mine recently and while I've got a long way to go, I'm finally starting to not feel so smothered by it.

Posted by: Tara at February 20, 2004 11:30 AM

You and yours are rat bastards!!! ;-) I'm sooooo jealous.

We also paid all of our credit card debt off last year...then we bought a house and it all went to shit.

Oh well, life's too short.

Posted by: gesikah at February 20, 2004 1:08 PM

Ooh congrats! I don't think we'll ever pay ours off... and we were so good for so long. Sigh.

Posted by: pie at February 20, 2004 3:10 PM

Congrats!!!

Our tax refund is mine every year, a bit of a gift for being a stay at home Mommy. : ) I got my laptop with it. ; ) Thankfully we don't owe on anything, no credit cards, car payments or house payments. Though my hubby owes the Matco tool man. Who in their right mind needs an almost 9k tool box?!?!?! And this tool does this and that one does that. I mean, sure he works hard and deserves it and he is a diesel mechanic.. Ok, I'm rambling on now. lol

Posted by: Theresa at February 20, 2004 4:05 PM

Mr. Cactus, you think of the strangest things. But that is one of the reasons why you have visitors...we're all waiting to see what you'll come up with next. :)

That is AWESOME NEWS about paying off the reminder of your credit card debt. You must be positively ecstatic! But doesn't that mean that you should be able to part with more than just a penny? :)

Posted by: Zandria at February 20, 2004 5:36 PM

three cheers for debt free. It sure is a good feeling.

Posted by: cassie-b at February 20, 2004 6:25 PM