February 19, 2004

Random Items for Thursday

-Despite the fact that I had a large portion of my hair cut off two days ago, you can still see the gray. I'm not sure I like the fact that I have a little bit of gray hair. At all.

-In the something-I-should-have-mentioned-but-didn't department, my wife is cool. How cool, you ask? Cool enough that, when she had the day off and I didn't, she got up at the ass-crack of dawn, went out and got me donuts. And Starbucks. How awesome is that?

-Did I mention how much I liked Lost In Translation? Yes? Well, I'll say it again. Excellent movie.

-Know what I did last night? I replaced all the 9 volt batteries in the house to prevent this from happening again.

-There are acceptable and unacceptable states in which magazines may arrive in one's mailbox. My National Geographic (which we only get cos we donated some bling to NPR) is a good example of what I consider acceptable. The copy of Rolling Stone I got yesterday is not. I don't know what my mailman had against Rolling Stone or Beyonce but he really didn't have any good reason to run over them...500 times. Its hard reading articles with salt and sand from the roads ground into almost every page. Hard, but not impossible.

Posted by Chris at February 19, 2004 12:18 PM
Comments

I feel like I see these kinds of comments on your site all the time (Mr. Popularity ;) ), but I'll go ahead and say it anyway.

Grey hair is actually something I find really attractive. Not sure why...but don't go thinking it's a bad thing! You probably look sexy with it.

Posted by: Anne at February 19, 2004 12:28 PM

It's not grey~it's silver ;)

Posted by: judi at February 19, 2004 12:30 PM

I like grey hair on a man. Distinguishing, I think.

And "Lost in Translation" is now my favorite movie of all time, dispatching my previous fave, "Grosse Point Blank", to second place after years of worship. I thought LIT was absolutely brilliant, and I still think about it now, after seeing it over a month ago.

Now that's a good movie.

Posted by: Helen at February 19, 2004 12:34 PM

Gray hair makes a man sexy, plain and simple. I won't argue this.

Posted by: amalah at February 19, 2004 12:46 PM

I have two grey hairs and I refuse to let the mrs. pull them out.
I get NG mag and enjoy it every month. NG always arrives in pristine condition but my Maxim mag seems to be a bit used by the time I get it.
I recently saw Lost In Translation. I enjoyed the movie but thought it was slow. This could be because the mrs. and I had a large diner and a bottle of wine prior to seeing it. I already have it reserved on Netflix to see it again.

Posted by: zenwanderer at February 19, 2004 1:07 PM

Wow, can I have your wife? That's pretty damn cool...

Posted by: pie at February 19, 2004 1:27 PM

Gray hair is sexy? uh, ok. I'm trying to get my husband to break out the hair dye to get rid of his.

Getting up at the ass crack of dawn on your day off is true love!

Posted by: yvonne at February 19, 2004 1:46 PM

Man I am going grey too! It sucks, and I have black hair, which makes it show up so much more... argh!

have a good one!
Dew

Posted by: dewnut at February 19, 2004 2:46 PM

I want to see Lost in Translation...

Oh, and sorry for running over your magazines, I was feeling especially hateful.

Posted by: Ginny at February 19, 2004 2:52 PM

that must be
why they have the plain brown wrapper...

Posted by: stacy at February 19, 2004 4:34 PM

I find a little grey hair really sexy! Don't sweat it!

Posted by: Cheeky Girl at February 19, 2004 6:04 PM

Aww, your wife is adorable. =)

Posted by: Jennie at February 19, 2004 7:05 PM

This just isn't fair. Your gray hair is considered distinguished and sexy. I stop coloring my gray hair and a girlfriend tells me I look too old and washed-out. Bah. Not that I'm bitter, or anything.

Posted by: Sawni at February 19, 2004 7:07 PM

Grey hair on men is very sexy.

Posted by: Krush at February 19, 2004 10:39 PM

Be glad you actually got your mag in semi-readable condition. I've had a few that have turned as a few scraps of paper in a plastic bag, with some lame explanation as to what happened to them.

Posted by: Burnt Fuse at February 19, 2004 10:42 PM

aww that was sweet of your wife. I hope my husband will be that sweet when I get around to finding one ;) I'm certainly not holding my breath though.

I'm sorry about the gray. My step mother got gray hair when she was 16! she has to color it every month

Posted by: Katie at February 19, 2004 11:26 PM

gray hair is very rowr.

can your wife pick me up a cherrycoke slurpee on her next excursion, please, maybe? =)

Posted by: Marie at February 20, 2004 6:52 AM

ewww.... maybe he ran over the Rolling Stone to cover up what he had done to it earlier. just think of that. gross! LOL.

my copy of Rolling Stone, however, came to me in prestine condition. so.... ha! :p

and don't fret about the grey. that's why hair dye is for. ;)

Posted by: Judy at February 20, 2004 3:28 PM