April 12, 2004

Keys (Or, Oops)

At seven this morning I received a phone call at the office from my wife. It went something like this:

Me: Hello?
Her: Good morning. I have a question for you.
Me: Shoot.
Her: Have you seen my keys?
Me: Shit!
Her: ...
Me: Shit! Shit! Shit!
Her: What?
Me: I have them. I threw them in my jacket pocket last night when we went to take out the trash. Wait. That means you don't have any keys at all right?

Usually I forget stuff, not steal other people's stuff. It all worked out, sorta. Cut me some slack, its Monday!

Posted by Chris at April 12, 2004 12:46 PM
Comments

lol :) that happens me & Mr. Sweety all the time :)

Posted by: Sweety at April 12, 2004 12:50 PM

I did the same thing with my roommate's keys a couple of weeks ago. Then the next day she went somewhere with her friends and left her car parked behind mine, so I was stuck at home.
Subconsiously, I think it was on purpose!

Posted by: Oliquig at April 12, 2004 12:52 PM

oh, the memories. My husband did that to me once, only he had put them in his pocket before he left for THE AIRPORT to go on business for a few days. And not only did he have my keys, but my purse was locked in the car as well, so I didn't have access to my checkbook or visa. I wanted to kill him, I really did.

Posted by: yvonne at April 12, 2004 1:01 PM

heh. monday mornings are great for stuff like that. :)

Posted by: tiffanie at April 12, 2004 1:16 PM

Do you have some protection lined up for your arrival home tonight?

Posted by: Amalah at April 12, 2004 1:31 PM

This is why I never let my hubby have possession of anything important. ;)

Posted by: pie at April 12, 2004 3:01 PM

I've actually taken the car keys with me on a flight and didn't realize it until I was about 7 states away. :P

Posted by: katherine at April 12, 2004 3:23 PM

This is why two people in my building have keys to my apartment, and I have 5 spair car keys.

Posted by: Jaded Angel at April 12, 2004 3:48 PM

If it makes you feel better, I lose or lock my keys somewhere on a regular basis. Jay made me three (THREE) extra sets, one for work, one for the apartment, and an extra set for a friend to hold. And my parents even have a copy of my car keys, just in case I lose all four sets I currently have.

So far, I've had to use all three extras within the space of four months. Go me!

Posted by: Anne at April 12, 2004 4:57 PM

*chuckle*

Posted by: Rachel in Alaska at April 12, 2004 6:37 PM

Years ago my husband took the kids out and left me to deal with the movers. He managed to take all sets of keys to all 4 cars (we were staying with his parents), and there wasn't room for me in the cab of the moving van. Thanks, dear.

Posted by: Karen at April 12, 2004 9:31 PM

I once put my hand in my pocket and discovered my wife's house keys... just as i was boarding a flight to Vienna at 06:40 and my pregnant wife was locked out with two kids under 4...

Posted by: zeno at April 13, 2004 7:50 AM

This morning I left for school woth the subway pass. I don't take the subway to school. But Daniel takes it to work. Oops :-/

Posted by: Tjej at April 13, 2004 11:23 AM

My ex-boyfriend once made off with my car keys from a hotel room. He was taking a cab to the airport (he didn't live in town) and I was taking my car.

45 minutes after he left, my car keys came back to the hotel room in another cab.

Posted by: Michelle at April 13, 2004 9:00 PM

a recent conversation.

*kelly (at work in MD) calls mom (at work in PA)*

kelly: mom, did i --
mom: yes you did.
kelly: shit. shit shit shit. can you send that back?
mom: i'll drop it in the mail.
kelly: thanks. and don't expect to hear form me until i get it back!!

(i'm not a bad kid, i wasn't threatening my mom... she's got my GD CELLPHONE in her car. AAAUUGGHHHH.)

Posted by: lucky at April 14, 2004 9:57 AM