May 5, 2004

A Study In Cause And Effect

We have plenty of comfy furniture...three whole levels of it, in fact. But on some rare occasions, Pix and Callie feel the need to bond. Or they're just stubborn and won't give up ground to the other. While its cute, its pretty clear that after a predetermined amount of time, it'll all go downhill...

And it did. With proof, lest there be any doubt as to the identity of the victor.

Posted by Chris at May 5, 2004 7:58 PM
Comments

aww it almost makes me want to go out and get a cat! ..almost..

Woot woot! GO PIX!

Posted by: Maureen at May 5, 2004 9:16 PM

You should not feed the cat a CAT, but cat FOOD. There is a difference you know! :)

Great picture!

Posted by: Sweety at May 6, 2004 7:18 AM

Oh my gosh! hahahaa! That is too much!
I am glad that my two meows are ok with each other!!

Posted by: Jen at May 6, 2004 7:27 AM

My kitten will always try to sit where roommate's much older ands much bigger cat is sitting, what's up with that? Pixel definitely has that gleam of victory in his(her?) eye.

Posted by: Oliquig at May 6, 2004 7:49 AM

We have 4 cats. We live in the country and they all live outdoors. We have one cat (O2) that no matter what, the other 3 cats run her off all the time. So of course, when she's around I'm always sure to pay special attention to her. I try to make up to her what the others do to her. I don't know why they do this but Nikki seems to be the ring leader in this cruel attack on O2. If Nikki wasn't around I have the feeling the other two wouldn't care about O2's prescence one way or the other. Anyway, subsequently O2 spends most of her time at the neighbors. (I am so glad they don't mind at all, in fact, they love her) What's funny is that when she does come home, she spends all her time on the roof of the house. She's not the victor, but by golly, from way up there she sure as hell looks like it.

Posted by: wlfldy at May 6, 2004 9:44 AM

Mine do the same thing. All cuddly and brotherly one minute then......tufts of fur everywhere.

Posted by: zenwanderer at May 6, 2004 10:37 AM

Thank you so much, I am now no longer concerned that I'm an awful cat owner. My cats fight all the time and it makes me feel really guilty.

What's funny is that Jack, the teeny 8lb cat, attacks Eule, the really large, 14lb (it's normal for her) cat. And wins. Mostly cause she's a neurotic pushover. Stupid cat, she could flatten him.

Posted by: Del at May 6, 2004 10:50 AM

There was never a doubt in my mind as to the identity of the victor.

Posted by: Fraulein N at May 6, 2004 11:06 AM

LOL! that is too funny.

Posted by: laura at May 6, 2004 11:13 AM

how strange! i too, have a black and white cat and a full black cat. they lie together like that for a short time and then they start fighting. the only difference is the b&w one usually wins the seat!

Posted by: Maia at May 6, 2004 11:42 AM

Holy cripes, Pix looks like my cat!

Posted by: Cammie at May 6, 2004 12:47 PM

Very cute. I had a pair of beagles once, and the baby slept on top of the mother on my sofa, and the siamese cat slept right with them. So cute.

Cats are great.

Posted by: cassie-b at May 6, 2004 4:28 PM

I LOVE CATS. Hee. My two cats (wasnt that a sitcom?) love to fight over furniture, and are both stubborn.

Posted by: Zoot at May 7, 2004 1:55 PM