May 8, 2004

Crazy, I Tell You!

Last month I helped my parents bury one of their cats who died from a heart condition. This left them with three cats - still a good couple of steps into Crazy Cat People Territory. Should we have really been surprised when they told us last night they were adopting three more? The boundaries of Crazy Cat People Territory have now formally been expanded to include my parent's house. As a matter of fact, I think it might be the new capital.

Posted by Chris at May 8, 2004 12:51 PM
Comments

At least they have 6 cats in a HOUSE. My apartment manager, has 6 cats in her APARTMENT! Whenever I go see her, I go from Zero - Allergy Infected Sneeze Ball in 2.4 seconds flat!

Posted by: Jaded Angel at May 8, 2004 1:02 PM

Should I mail them a membership card?!?

Posted by: feisty girl at May 8, 2004 1:23 PM

wow that's just caRAYzee! You parents are v. tuff.

Posted by: Maureen at May 8, 2004 1:55 PM

THREE more?!? Holy geez.
I thought my parents were nuts for having only 3 (of course, with two of them being siamese, it seems like more...)
I sense a story here. Do tell :)

Posted by: Olive at May 8, 2004 2:07 PM

Wow! Well, at least they have the space. One of my friends had five cats in her apartment!

Posted by: Dawn at May 8, 2004 3:29 PM

My stepfather and I have a running joke that three cats is the threshold for Crazy Cat Person. See, one cat makes you a cat owner. Two cats is "Oh, I had Tigger and then the good lord blessed us with Puddy Tat." Three -- and anything beyond -- is a conscious decision.

Posted by: Michelle at May 8, 2004 3:41 PM

Meeeeooooowwwww!!! Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow!!!! That's really all I have to say about that. Meow.

Posted by: Nicole at May 8, 2004 8:42 PM

Yup, they've definitely crossed the Crazy Cat People line... Cats are like potato chips, you can't have just one. meow.

Posted by: tisha at May 8, 2004 11:54 PM

SIX! Thatīs a lot of kitty.

But cat people are very cool, arenīt they :)

Posted by: Sweety at May 9, 2004 4:46 AM

At least all of your parent's pets are "normal". My parents (and younger siblings) how have IN THE HOUSE: 2 cats (they had 4), a rabbit, a taratula, a snake, and a turtle.

And those are just the "regulars" they also usually have an assortment of "dailys", such as lizards, frogs, etc.

OH and my mom keeps a hive of bees.

Posted by: gesikah at May 9, 2004 12:19 PM

Damn, that's a lotta cats. More power to 'em.

Personally? Three's my limit. That's plenty of cat and cat hair and cat food and cat hairballs for me.

Posted by: Dawnie at May 9, 2004 3:51 PM

I think three cats is officially moving into Crazy Cat Person territory ... oh shit. It just hit me. I am a Crazy Cat Person.

Posted by: Fraulein N at May 9, 2004 7:48 PM

I also think three is the crazy cat person limit. However, since you have two parents you could say they EACH have three, which puts them right at the line. Also, I think your relationship status factors in. Does that make sense? It's like this. Single me+three cats=crazy ol' lady Tiara. Married people+six cats=? It depends, do they dress them up and name them things like Mr. Fluffers?

Posted by: Diana at May 10, 2004 10:48 AM