May 7, 2004

Friday Thoughts

First off, its the end of the week. Happy Friday everyone!

- Admittedly, I get here pretty early. But I've now been here for two hours and I've seen approximately three people. Is there any doubt this is going to be a slow day?

- I've got to interview someone for a job this afternoon. Based on my earlier comments about work this week, is it wrong just to ask, "Are you a dick?" and leave it at that?

- I was one of the lemmings who watched the Friends finale last night. The show jumped the shark a few years ago for me (especially when it started competing with Survivor) but I wanted to see how it ended. And I used to be a big fan when it first came on. It was an understated finale with no great surprises. But still? I'm a little sad to see it end.

Posted by Chris at May 7, 2004 8:25 AM
Comments

I was let down. It jumped the shark for me too a few years ago, but I still had great expectations for the finale. :(

Posted by: Kimmie at May 7, 2004 8:38 AM

Happy Friday man!

Dew

Posted by: dewnut at May 7, 2004 8:42 AM

Happy Friday! Today is going to be a really slow day at work, which only sucks because one of the big bosses is going to be in, so I've got to make "busy" work.

Posted by: amber at May 7, 2004 8:48 AM

Good morning and Happy Effin' Friday! I also have to interview a few people today .... have been for some production positions for a few days. Had a few of them hit on me. One had the balls to "cat-call" and whistle at me when I walked past him. The other left a "personal contact" card (a make shift business card for losers who think they ARE "The Player") with his private cell number that only 4 people on the planet have. Needless to say, they went in the reject pile. OK! On to a great end to the week!

p.s. Friends became predictable after season two. Blah.

Posted by: Kymmie at May 7, 2004 9:29 AM

Happy Friday! :)

A question for the job interview: If I would give you an acronym nickname of your bad habits at work, what would it be?

Posted by: Sweety at May 7, 2004 9:35 AM

i agree. i never really watched the show at all, but we were visiting a couple we know last night and they had to turn it on, so we sat through it. i thought it was a little lame, but i brushed that off to the fact that i had no idea what was going on.

Posted by: beck at May 7, 2004 9:44 AM

I've watched it religiously for years. I totally did NOT want Ross and Rachel together. I know I was one of the few - but I am sad to see it end too. I loved me some Chanandaler Bong.

Posted by: Zoot at May 7, 2004 10:09 AM

I was sad to see Friends go. I've watched it since the begining but it had lost the zip it had even three years ago. I'm glad they didn't do any super weird plot twists. They tied up loose ends and walked off to their lives. The twins thing bothered me though. What hospital wouldn't tell you you have twins?

Posted by: zenwanderer at May 7, 2004 10:54 AM

I watched Friends and I really really wanted Rachel to get on the plane and get to Paris. No surprises, but, eh, it was good. I was kind of sad to see it end, even though I haven't watched it in, oh, 7 years or so.

Also, you need to hire someone? Hire me! Give me a huge raise! Pay for my relo! It'll all be worth it to have a dawnie-fied office.

Posted by: Dawnie at May 7, 2004 10:54 AM

Hi from a new reader. I love the interview question! Do you think if they were a dick, they'd tell you though? We watched the Friends finale too, despite ditching it after the second season. I agree, even though the show wasn't good for a while, it's ending was kind of sad. Do you think Joey's spinoff show has a chance?

Posted by: Marcia at May 7, 2004 1:17 PM

i thought the building should burn down
while ross was in the shower
and rachel woke up to realize
it had all been a dream;
that they were really all in jail together
waiting to leave korea
because the precinct was closing...

actually,
the only show i miss is wishbone...

Posted by: stacy at May 7, 2004 2:21 PM

As HR Lady, I must tell you you would probably be violating some hard and fast labor board interviewing regulations if you did ask, "Are you a dick?" but given the week you just had, I wouldn't hold it against you.

I was a lemming last night too. I wasn't going to do it but caved at the last moment. I had jumped ship years ago too on that one, but nostalgia dies hard.

Posted by: HR Lady at May 7, 2004 4:00 PM

Yay! It's Friday!

Posted by: Lee at May 7, 2004 6:15 PM

Please, please believe me that all the wisdom I possess--and all the sincerity I can muster--is concentrated in this single sentiment:
The only information you want to elicit from your interviewee is whether s/he is a dick. All questions should be arranged as various ways of assessing the dickiness of the applicant, and all answers should be regarded in light of what they reveal about the dick quotient of the applicant.
All else is, as my dear friend Jo would put it, "irrela."

Posted by: jilbur at May 7, 2004 6:51 PM

I watched it too. I think it would've been cooler if Ross had decided to go with Rachel to France, instead of Rachel staying in the states.

Posted by: Ginny at May 7, 2004 11:27 PM

Today dragged... bigtime. I kept looking at the clock on my computer... 12:28 p.m...12:32 p.m......12:41 p.m.... a few years passed before the numbers showed 3:51 p.m..... I thought 5:30 would never come!

Posted by: Mala at May 7, 2004 11:39 PM