May 5, 2004

Please Pass The Kool-Aid

Every month, my team has a staff meeting. Now, as my little trick on my boss proved, I have a pretty cool boss and my team as a whole is just about as cool, with the occasional exceptions, of course. Each month, a different staff member facilitates the meeting. This morning? I'm not sure but he might have been one of the Moonies. I'm pretty sure I was just brainwashed (If you get brainwashed, though, can you talk about being brainwashed with others?) and I might have joined a cult.

After getting used to terms like "blue slipping," "orders of change," and "pair and share," I started getting random images of kool-aid, white robes and mass graves. There was orange juice - I stayed away from it. Ok, there were donuts too and I had one but I feel fine so far.

Posted by Chris at May 5, 2004 11:11 AM
Comments

But Chris...orange juice is good for you!!! You should definately drink some. LOL.

Posted by: Amy at May 5, 2004 11:27 AM

Oh NO!!! Stay away from the donuts! Especially the ones with a hole in the middle! I hope it's not to late yet.

Posted by: Sweety at May 5, 2004 12:16 PM

If you are able to talk about the possibility of having been brainwashed, that is conclusive proof that there was indeed no brainwashing. It doesn't mean that there wasn't attempted brainwashing, but I do believe that once you have been successfully brainwashed, the word "brainwash" and all of its derivatives are instantly erased from your vocabulary. So I think you're okay. Go eat a donut.

Posted by: Martha at May 5, 2004 1:00 PM

Unless the brainwashers *know* that losing the vocabulary for brainwashing is a sign that you are brainwashed. Then they might leave them in just so you appear "normal."

Of course, how would we be able to tell? If you start getting boring we will know something is dreadfully wrong.

Posted by: Alicia at May 5, 2004 1:31 PM

I'd like to wash my brain...it thinks dirty most of the time lol

Posted by: Lee at May 5, 2004 2:00 PM

What Martha said. Yeah. Unless, as Alicia pointed out, it's a trick and it's all part of their plan. Or unless we've been brainwashed too. That's always a possibility.

Posted by: Fraulein N at May 5, 2004 3:09 PM

/Ok, there were donuts too and I had one but I feel fine so far./

Unless of course you have just been brainwashed to believe that you are feeling fine!

Posted by: gesikah at May 5, 2004 10:08 PM