May 5, 2004

Road Ragey

I was on my way home a little while ago and I realized that I was driving in a somewhat aggressive manner. If you consider tailgating and loudly repeating the phrase "dumb-ass motherfucker" as if it were a mantra I wanted to share with the world. Then I decided I didn't want to die or kill anyone else over whatever it was I was pissed about. And, while I was thinking about it, what was I pissed about?

As laid-back and tolerant as I am, I hold no truck with stupid people. I realized today that I deal with a lot of stupid people at work (not any of you all, don't worry) on a fairly regular basis. And I'm tired of it. As a general rule, I get along with everyone. Rarely do I encounter someone who rubs me the wrong way. But for those that do? I know you are going to try and fuck me over but I refuse to spread my ass cheeks for you.

I do enjoy my job. Just not all the people all the damn time. But hey, we're government contractors. I guess we need a little drama in the office to create a little excitement. I just don't like the fact that often I seem to be the only person who's actually focused on doing a decent job.

That's why I decided to come home, surf the net a little bit, maybe get a little extra work done and cook dinner. Of course, I get home and my high-speed connection is toast. Dumb-ass motherfuckers.

Posted by Chris at May 5, 2004 4:16 PM
Comments

dave gave me a wonderful gift. yes...he gave me road rage. i learned all my raging from him. lol. i use the f-word very frequently while driving around my town, which is mostly old people. my horn is my best friend.

so indeed...dumb-ass motherfuckers. *cheers*

Posted by: tiffanie at May 5, 2004 4:56 PM

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?!?

Hang in there, Chris. We'll all get through this thing called life together :) Misery loves company, right?!? LOL

Enjoy your evening, rock out on your guitar, and kiss your wife. I bet in no time, you'll be feeling better :)

Posted by: Kristi at May 5, 2004 5:48 PM

Ah, one of the many reasons I refuse to get my license. I don't mind the stupid people that I know well, but I pity those strangers who piss me off. *feeling tough* LOL

Posted by: Chrissy at May 5, 2004 6:37 PM

LOL Road Rage is something i've come to know well. I tailgate *looks guilty* and mouth like something. People normally see me as a very sweet person (when they first meet me) but see me in the car and its a different story. It's all too common to answer my phone like "hello? MOTHER FUCKER GET MOVING!!" that always gets a good reaction

Posted by: Katie at May 5, 2004 7:18 PM

there must be something in the air here in dc. I've encountered more infuriating drivers this week than any other. and I normally don't road rage.

Posted by: liz at May 5, 2004 7:23 PM

Nothing wrong with that phrase at all. It's a wonderful thing. It says so much, but it's so little.

Go forth! =D

'tis all good!

Posted by: maurice at May 5, 2004 7:27 PM

Mr. Cactus can be scary/aggressive? Remind me to run and hide if I were to meet you on a day like today. :)

Posted by: Zandria at May 5, 2004 7:41 PM

so--what's wrong with toast? I loves me some toast!
I've found I only get road rage when I feel guilty about something. That's just me--I'm not saying that's what gives you road rage. Typically it's 'cause I'm late picking up my daughter due to farting around about something less important than paying attention to my 6-yr. old.

Posted by: jilbur at May 5, 2004 8:06 PM

I love the word dumbass it fits 9 out of 10 people and situations. It's a Jack of all words so to speak.

FYI, road rage is my middle name.

Posted by: Theresa at May 5, 2004 9:37 PM

Exactly how I feel today. Except I came to that conlusion while riding the tram to work this morning. I too work for the government and I very often get the feeling I'm the only one doing my best to do a decent job. Having a dumb-ass mother.. boss doesn't help either :)

Anyway, I hope you're feeling more happy today :)

Posted by: Sweety at May 6, 2004 7:23 AM

I am usually a rather pleasant, accepting, easygoing person. Except when I drive. I hate the whole world when I drive. Because everyone else out on the road is stupid! Except me! (And you, of course, but you don't drive where I drive, so that doesn't count.)

Posted by: Martha at May 6, 2004 9:09 PM

Ok, I hold no truck with the phrase "spread my ass cheeks for you." No truck whatsoever.

Posted by: amalah at May 7, 2004 9:51 AM