May 17, 2004

So...Mondays...

So, I'm not all that thrilled by Monday this week...but when am I ever?

The weekend was good, and as I mentioned, I've got a three-day week this week. But it just started off kinda wrong. First, the nice lady who gets me my donuts in the morning gave me chocolate instead of vanilla frosted donuts. Minor, I know but I was really looking forward to vanilla. Then? Well, then I was doing a kickoff meeting for a new project and RIMJOB didn't bother to show. So it was pretty much me which, actually isn't all that much different from how it usually is since RIMJOB rarely opens his mouth to begin with. Then? Then I get a call from my cable company. They kindly inform me that someone can come out to check my connectivity issues today! Then they give me a toll free number....that goes to their national call center...that doesn't have the ability to schedule local appointments. So, Ramon, if you're out there, I'd really like to call you and schedule something but I can't reach you! And then? I got two bags of chips and a diet Coke (with lime) for a makeshift lunch but I just realized that one of the bags was sour cream and onion...and I don't particularly like sour cream and onion. But I've got another meeting so will probably eat them anyway. And the diet Coke isn't really all that cold.

Maybe I'll post again today and be less bitchy about life. That is, if I can get a call through to Ramon. Otherwise my tired ass is going to be posting using dialup and that's not going to make me happy.

Posted by Chris at May 17, 2004 1:30 PM
Comments

awwwww
*hugs*
Mondays are cack.

Posted by: Fluffy at May 17, 2004 1:48 PM

Oh no! Dial-up?

*twitch*

Posted by: Tjej at May 17, 2004 2:02 PM

I've sang this song before today, and I'll do it again, to cheer you up. Sing a long!

*sweety singing on the top of her lungs*

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands
*clap* *clap*
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands
*clap* *clap*
If you're happy and you know it, if you're happy and you know it, if you're happy and you know it clap your hands
*clap* *clap*

Posted by: Sweety at May 17, 2004 2:45 PM

You had two things happen today that have the ability to reduce me to tears. There is nothing more sucky then when there is something wrong with your food. I don't care if it is something minor like chocolate instead of vanilla, it throws your whole damn day off.

Posted by: Diana at May 17, 2004 3:42 PM

I'm sorry you had a craptactular day. At least you had the Diet Coke with Lime. The grocery store was all out when I went shopping this weekend. I am stuck with the 'w/lemon' version, which is so not the same.

Posted by: myllissa at May 17, 2004 3:49 PM

Hmmm. You like the Diet Coke w/Lime? I really wanted to like it. Especially since my Amazing Personal Energy made them bring out the product in the first place--I swear I dreamed about various Coke flavors--including Coke with lime--right after they came out with Cherry Coke. (I'm still waiting on Grape Coke--not because I want to drink it: just because I want the whole dream to come to fruition). But I was disappointed with the lime flavor: more like a lime lollipop than the fragrant twist o' that I was hoping for.

Hey, look. It is definitely going to get better from here. Krispi-Kremily yours--

Posted by: jilbur at May 17, 2004 5:33 PM

If it makes you feel any better, my mommy ( :P ) packed Skittles in my lunch rather than gummibears, which are by far my favorite. I wwas starting to get a little pissed, but I ended up giving them to someone who was really hungry, and that made me feel better about it all. *pats self on back* Of course, now it's too late for you to turn something negative into a good deed.

"Lime... cherry... grape... fruition": Pun!!! (I hope)

Posted by: Chrissy at May 18, 2004 11:35 AM

It could be worse! At least you live in an area close enough to civilization to get cable in the first place. I live out here in bumf*ck MD where I have to get my TV from outer space and dial up internet barely cracks the blazing speed of 24 Kbps.
Don't even get me started on the issue of (non) cellular phone coverage.

Posted by: Geezireon at May 18, 2004 4:36 PM