June 15, 2004

A Sign

If you embiggen and look carefully, you'll see that its official - my wife wants babies!

Yes, those are barrettes. On the cat. The boy cat.

Posted by Chris at June 15, 2004 6:06 PM
Comments

When I was in high school, I used to take all my scrunchies and put them on the cat's legs. She'd have these puffy multicolored legs (and if I could get her to sit still, a droopy multicolored tail), and she'd be high-stepping around the house.

Very cute.

Posted by: Anne at June 15, 2004 6:20 PM

laughing too hard...can't type!

Well? Giver her babies then! Or the cat shall be doomed to names such as "pretty, pretty princess" the rest of HIS long cat life.

Thanks for the laugh, at the end of a looooong day!

Posted by: GranolaSpice at June 15, 2004 7:23 PM

You guys should TOTALLY have babies. It's super easy -- I promise! ;)

Posted by: martha at June 15, 2004 7:55 PM

Now, in my defense, there was a perfectly good reason to put the barrettes on the cat. I can't quite remember what that reason was, but I'm sure it will come back to me.

Also, it made him feel pretty!

Posted by: Mrs. Cactus at June 15, 2004 7:56 PM

I'm with you, Mrs. Cactus. I'm just certain you had a perfectly good reason. I just love pretty cats.

Cas
But babies are really nice

Posted by: cassie-b at June 15, 2004 8:30 PM

No comment on the babies are good bit -- but there's nothing wrong with a cat having a few hair accessories.

Posted by: LOUP at June 15, 2004 8:38 PM

You better be careful....YOU might me NEXT!!!

Posted by: Nicole at June 15, 2004 10:20 PM

I say if a cat wants to get in touch with his feminine side let him. Live and let live. LOL

DOES the Mrs. really want babies? Babies are wonderful (at 3 p.m. on a Sunday -nah, just kidding).

Posted by: HR Lady at June 15, 2004 10:27 PM

Oh Lord, just please don't let her turn into one of those people who tape a bow to the baby's head.

Posted by: Oliquig at June 15, 2004 10:45 PM

She does realize this isn't the way to have kids right?

Posted by: Lee at June 15, 2004 10:59 PM

As a "boy" cat, as you so nicely put it, I'll have to say your this picture is a disgrace to the existence of all felines.

I suggest you take those "human" (ewwwie!!) barrettes out and let the cat have some dignity.

Posted by: Simba at June 16, 2004 3:30 AM

You realize you are officially Crazy Cat People now, right? And so am I, apparently, because I gotta know: how did she get the cat to sit still for that?

Posted by: Fraulein N at June 16, 2004 8:08 AM

That is awesome. I am going to go do that to my cats when I get home. I never thought about how much they needed hair accessories. MrZoot will love your wife for giving me a new way to torture my animals (like the halloween costumes and sweaters arent enough)

Posted by: Zoot at June 16, 2004 8:49 AM

if she wants babies, give her babies!! They are fun (albeit messy and sometimes loud). Do it for the sake of the poor cats!! That being said, I will be putting scrunchies on my cat's legs tonight (thanks Anne!)

Posted by: Kimmie at June 16, 2004 9:58 AM

I needed a good giggle this morning :D

Posted by: Rachel in Alaska at June 16, 2004 12:41 PM