June 20, 2004

Father's Day

Summer in Virginia is never like this - mid-seventies, dry, cloudless and breezy. Could this day be any nicer?

We did the obligatory Father's Day stuff, visiting both sets of parents and dropping off appropriate cards and gifts. Beth's parents had way too much food (resulting in excessive sleepyness this afternoon) and my parents had, of course, the herd of cute kitties that were entertaining as always.

The only problem with the weekend? Its largely over. That, and the fact that Beth and I never managed to cook the big breakfast we'd promised ourselves. So, we're having blueberry pancakes for dinner. Sometimes being an adult really pays off.

Posted by Chris at June 20, 2004 6:10 PM
Comments

I'm so proud of you guys. I swear, breakfast foods for dinner are the ultimate in relaxation :)

Posted by: Heather at June 20, 2004 6:33 PM

Awesome dinner man! Sounds good to me!

Have a good one!
Dew

Posted by: dewnut at June 20, 2004 6:39 PM

arrrrrgh i'm starving! Blueberry pancakes..
damn they sound amazing.

*sigh*

fancy popping over here to the UK and givin me one?

Posted by: fluffy at June 20, 2004 7:18 PM

ah ha... we had eggs and bacon (my husbands dinner choice) for dinner and a neighbor girl ate with us (cuz her parents are dirt bags who barely acknowledge her existence) and she was SHOCKED that we were having breakfast food for dinner. I can now officially add another family that occassionaly does the same to my list!

Posted by: kimberlee at June 20, 2004 8:13 PM

Sundays are my favorite day. I think it's because you know somewhere in the back of your mind that tomorrow will be Monday and therefore you must live your Sunday like it's your last day on Earth. Not that I equate work with death entirely, it's just that I've learned to appreciate every second of my Sundays...right down to eating a dinner of breakfast!

Happy Day!

Posted by: Granola Spice at June 20, 2004 10:15 PM

The weather was like that all weekend in Chicago too! I'm glad others got the same, it really made for a nice relaxing weekend. Breakfast food at any other meal is great. It's good to be grown up!

Posted by: Amy at June 20, 2004 11:53 PM

We had the same kind of day here in New York. Infact after dinner I sat out front while my kids rode their bikes. They got ice cream off the ice cream truck that came thru and sat on the lawn chairs eating it. After they were done they all bitched and moaned that they were COLD and wanted to go in. Now THATS my kind of summer!! LOL.

Posted by: Ro at June 21, 2004 2:17 AM

what a gorgeous day...so i spent it waking up late, then falling back asleep on the couch, and then i went to work until midnight. a beautiful day squandered! i'm glad you used it more than i did.

Posted by: rachel at June 21, 2004 2:46 AM

Breakfast for dinner :))) Yum!

The reward for being an adult!

Posted by: Sweety at June 21, 2004 5:22 AM

We do panckaes for dinner all the time!!!!

Of course in Sweden panckaes for breakfast is unheard of... unless you go to McDonalds...but I digress...

Pancakes are good ANY time of day or night. That's why there's IHOP.

Posted by: Tjej at June 21, 2004 6:11 AM

Yes, it was GORGEOUS in VA yesterday, sadly enough I was at work all day. :(

I like cereal for dinner!

Posted by: Dana at June 21, 2004 7:59 AM

Thank you for reminding me it isn't always like that in VA. I spent the weekend at home, and I really didn't want to get back on the plane to Texas. Maybe if I try to remember that it's normally 90 degrees with 90% humidity, the homesickness will pass.

Or maybe not.

Posted by: Kerry at June 21, 2004 1:07 PM

I'd like some Belgium Waffles with strawberries. :)

Posted by: Magealita at June 24, 2004 12:58 PM