June 15, 2004

Truth in Advertising

Rarely do I pay attention to spam. Its usually one of two things - either women who want to, uh, show me things or someone trying to push the latest prescription medication. So I was caught off-guard when I got an email from Joe asking me to try his "state-of-the-art pee bottle." Intrigued yet convinced the link would ultimately lead me to naked live pharmaceutical saleswomen, I decided to check it out. And wouldn't you know...truth in advertising at last.

The Website looks like it was designed by someone with the skills of, well, one of my cats. But the idea? Simply brilliant. How can something that provides "a convenient way for you to relieve your bladder quickly and easily and without leaving the comfort of your truck" not be the next Clapper waiting to happen? For use by both men and women, this baby sports an odor-resistant lid, convenient wall-mounting bracket, a five foot transfer hose, and a 1.25 gallon tank with level indicator. Check out the site...and while you're there make sure you also check out the Pit Stop cleaning unit because it will "Help Keep Your Parking Lot Clean."

Kudos to Joe and the millions dozens of people peeing into bottles everywhere for my morning laugh.

Posted by Chris at June 15, 2004 7:24 AM
Comments

I especially love that they narrated the site as well, in case I actually needed to hear a person say "personal urinal system."

Posted by: Oliquig at June 15, 2004 7:35 AM

Like truck drivers everywhere are actually going to change over from using empty soft drink bottles to a "P.U.S." -yes if it isn't gross enough already, the acronym makes it even more unattractive -BLECH!

In my position as HR (any undesirable job becomes an HR function)with a lawn care company, we frequently had to take the service personnel aside to relate that they needed to remove their bottles of yellow liquid from the truck at the end of the day. Your post today brings back some repulsive memories.

Posted by: HR Lady at June 15, 2004 7:44 AM

Hee. And ew. But um, how is that receptacle "female friendly"? Somehow, I doubt that it is. My favorite question on that site: "Where does the urine get dumped?" Where, indeed?

Posted by: Fraulein N at June 15, 2004 8:28 AM

Now I would be really impressed if that thing recycled pee into soda so you don't have to stop for drinks.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that after that BORING meeting :))

Posted by: Sweety at June 15, 2004 8:57 AM

I like Sweety's idea, but maybe it would be better to have a seperate one for soda...lol

Sorry to hear about your grandpa Chris. I know its hard, just think though you have all of us nuts to try to keep your spirits up...

Posted by: Dana at June 15, 2004 9:12 AM

They have those devices for pilots. Too funny - they call them "lady janes"

Posted by: Lee at June 15, 2004 10:44 AM

A special contraption to pee into while you drive, courtesy of a spam email? Turning pee into soda? "Lady Janes" for pilots? I'm learning all kinds of new information this morning. Plus, I got to see a picture of Mr. Cactus making a funny face. My morning is now complete. :)

Posted by: Zandria at June 15, 2004 10:56 AM

So you just mount it to the door? What if you get into an accident and piss flies everywhere? Try explaining that one. Also, it doesn't look very female compatable. What if they came out with a womens version? What would they call it? Lady's P.U.S., P.U.S.She, P.U.S. for Her? I need to stop....

Posted by: myllissa at June 15, 2004 11:04 AM

"P.U.S.She" ... *splort* ... There went the keyboard, well at least it was only water this time ...

Posted by: LOUP at June 15, 2004 11:50 AM

Oh! Thank gawd for voice-over. Not sure I would have really been able to grasp the full genius of the Pit-Stop! Isn't this right up there with the "stadium pal"? I think there's only one word..."YIKES"! Also, "Ewwww" would work, in a pinch.

Posted by: GranolaSpice at June 15, 2004 12:30 PM

For the record, I did NOT send that e-mail to Chris.

Posted by: Joe at June 16, 2004 12:36 AM