June 22, 2004

Tuesday, Snoozeday

There are a few reasons why Iím skeptical that today will end up being an overwhelmingly positive experience.

- Iím bored and tired. My job ebbs and flows. Its ebbing today. And my wife made good on her threat to wake up uber-early and go to the gym. She usually goes after work but decided to switch things up a bit. I woke up, couldnít go back to sleep and ended up rolling into the office around 5:45 AM.

- Iím surrounded by very large, very empty coffee cups and packets of generic pain relievers from our office medicine cabinet. Iíve chosen ďMaximum Strength Non-AspirinĒ over ďMaximum Strength Pain Away.Ē Catchy names, huh?

- When I get home today, I get to unhook the dishwasher. Granted, this will be much more fun than installing the new dishwasher tomorrow night.

- Did I mention I have pretty much nothing to do today?

- Well, I lied. I do have an afternoon meeting which should drone on for, oh, an hour or two.

Posted by Chris at June 22, 2004 1:45 PM
Comments

Dude I'm so there with you. I have a meeting today that will only last about 30 minutes and a small project that I've been lingering over for the past six weeks because I could technically finish it in one day. God I can't wait to get out of here.

Posted by: Heather at June 22, 2004 2:02 PM

Hate those small projects you could finish in a day but instead draaaag out for weeks. Because they usually suck. Which is why you don't just do them in a day.

Chris, I hope your headache goes away and you can get home and get some rest soon. Because 5:45? Is far too early to be at work. How early did the wife get up, anyways?

Posted by: Dawnie at June 22, 2004 2:54 PM

5:45 AM?? Our office doesn't even open untill 7 AM! :))

I had a BORING day too. I feel your pain LOL :)

Posted by: Sweety at June 22, 2004 2:54 PM

Can't you pick lint out of your bellybutton? That's a full afternoon activity right there.

Posted by: bluepoppy at June 22, 2004 2:58 PM

I've got plenty you can do... fix this stupid database issue, update five billion prospect lists, maim and torture my boss. Just the usual. But I have a meeting for 2 hours this afternoon, which means I won't have time to do any of it.

Posted by: pie at June 22, 2004 3:53 PM

Well, I was busy enough for both of us. An offsite meeting in the am, and then rush back to my office for an hour (yes, only an hour) to complete 2 hours worth of work.

And tomorrow I have to drive to corporate headquarters - only an extra hour each way.

Wow - sounds like I'm complaining, doesn't it?
Sorry.

I actually love my job

Best of luck with the dishwasher. Try not to get wet.
Cas

Posted by: cassie-b at June 22, 2004 5:19 PM

holycrap! if you got to the office at 5:45, what time did she get to the gym??

Posted by: liz at June 22, 2004 9:17 PM

I agree with Sweety. 5:45am? Is WAY too early. Much love and respect to your wife for waking up that early to work out...but DAMN. Mucho impressed with that level of commitment. :)

Posted by: Zandria at June 22, 2004 10:48 PM

"uber-early" hahaha...I haven't heard that phrase in eons!

Posted by: kimberlee at June 23, 2004 10:58 AM

Dude - my office uses that "pain away" stuff too! Loooove the kind that has all the caffeine in it! Yum - pain killer and a buzz!! Wash it down with some Red Bull and you are good to go on those 5am days! (ooof - not the Red Bull - that's a little much)

Posted by: Sue at June 24, 2004 12:16 PM