July 19, 2004

Haiku For Monday #39

Dear Monday, why don't
you go bug someone else, eh?
Take off you hoser!

Note to my Canadian friends: No, I'm not making fun of you. I just had a major flashback to the time a friend and I watched Strange Brew about three gazillion times in a row. Comedy gold, people!

Posted by Chris at July 19, 2004 7:22 AM
Comments

Heehee. I guy I worked with at the movie theatre used to call everyone hosers. Finally, after the umpteenth blank stare from me, he finally told me to see Strange Brew. Have I yet? No. I just wrote him off as being strange and possibly a bit too much into the brew himself.

Posted by: Dawnie at July 19, 2004 7:34 AM

Mondays - ugh. I totally agree. Go away..shoo!

Posted by: debby at July 19, 2004 8:41 AM

"Ohhh man... I really gotta pee!"

That movie kills me. Now I must go out and buy it, of course.

Monday haiku-ing
will make me look so busy
on my first day back.

Posted by: Coleen at July 19, 2004 9:43 AM

What do you hate worse though, Mondays, or Tuesdays after having a Monday off (long weekend).

Posted by: Mike at July 19, 2004 10:42 AM

Monday contains half
the letters found in Molson.
Now that's strange brew, eh?

Posted by: stacy at July 19, 2004 12:05 PM

Nice work, Stacy! That's actually a stroke of genius!

(Sorry Chris, we're just going on without you in your comments section here. Heh.)

Posted by: Kim at July 19, 2004 12:22 PM

"Hoser". Now there's a blast from the past. I agree with the Monday thing. When I'm dictator of the world, I'm going to outlaw Mondays - but only for myself. The rest of you peons will still have to work. In fact I might make every day a Monday for the rest of you.

Vote Pie in 2004. A vote for Pie is a vote for... Pie.

Posted by: pie at July 19, 2004 12:54 PM

Tips a cold one at mike !!
You're sooooooo right you hoser.
NOW for some trivia was it molson ex they drank or molson canadian, and what was "their" names !!!

Good call though chris nice to be recognized for such a fine piece of canadian culture, such as that is !!!!

Posted by: shaners at July 19, 2004 6:51 PM

no way, eh!

Posted by: tj at July 19, 2004 8:58 PM

I like that. Pretty much sums up Monday.

Posted by: Nicole at July 19, 2004 9:02 PM

Take off, eh?
Hosers drink X, but the the boys drank Canadian, (again, eh) and they were Bob and Doug McKenzie. Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas.
Geddy Lee from the rock group, RUSH sang their theme song, 'Take off.'
No one here really says, take off. We use the 'f' word as a noun, pronoun, adjective, verb, pretty much wherever we can. But they couldn't swear on their tv show, SCTV so the substitute was used. Wait, is this true? Or am I making it up? Hmmmmm.

Posted by: Lissa at July 19, 2004 11:20 PM

Man...I used to say that all the time when I was a kid and I now that I am married to a Canadian it might actually come in handy. I am gonna sping that on him tonight and see if he gets it.

Posted by: Geezitron at July 20, 2004 5:15 PM

"Strange Brew " is indeed comedy gold. It's based on "Hamlet'..no really it is! One of my prized possesions is the Bob and Doug album featuring the Take Off song w/Getty Lee from Rush.

Posted by: Pratt at July 25, 2004 3:19 PM