July 23, 2004

Introducing...AudioCactus

Ever been curious what I sound like? I give you the first ever AudioCactus entry. Please right-click and save as. Don't worry...I'll work on the file size a bit.

Posted by Chris at July 23, 2004 5:11 PM
Comments

hehe

Posted by: chlamygirl at July 23, 2004 5:37 PM

Accck! You beat me to it. I'm settin up my audio-blog account this weekend! LOL. Anyways the idea of audioblogging is tres cool. So much of what a writer is trying to convey, especially if they happen to not be a very good writer (looks in the mirror), can get lost in the written word. Maybe you'll wow us with your guitar playing skills as well on one of your audiocactus entries? :)

Posted by: groovebunny at July 23, 2004 5:40 PM

Hello and Welcome to Punchy Friday! Seriously - I think audio entries are a great idea. The sound quality was good too. If only I could get my freakin' speaker phone at work to sound that good. Hate the speaker phone.

Posted by: Sue at July 23, 2004 5:51 PM

nooooooooooo
I'm dial up here man!!!!

*sobs*

Posted by: fluffy at July 23, 2004 6:22 PM

Heh. Punchy Friday. The audio quality was actually really good. You sound like I figured you would, by the way.

Posted by: Fraulein N at July 23, 2004 6:26 PM

*Giggle* Keanu Reeves, is that you?

Posted by: Amber at July 23, 2004 7:00 PM

you sound like i thought you would. nice, deep voice.

now i wanna do an audio post...except i sound like a 12 year old girl... no, seriously. don't laugh. =P

Posted by: tiffanie at July 23, 2004 7:12 PM

Well that was just plain cool!

Posted by: cassie-b at July 23, 2004 7:17 PM

Geez, you sound as good as you look. Beth, you are one lucky woman!

Posted by: Goodsnake at July 23, 2004 7:32 PM

Such a nice grown-up voice. You should read children's books at the library or do audio books.

Posted by: Hudson at July 23, 2004 7:42 PM

The shoes! The voice! The cute! Yummalicious.

Posted by: bmh at July 23, 2004 7:49 PM

37 hour days ... damn is your office on Mars time?

Posted by: LOUP at July 23, 2004 7:56 PM

Cool! *listens over and over* are you *sure* you didn't rehearse this ? ;)

=O! I know! You'd make an awesome radio dj dude.. although you prolly get more money workin them 37 hour days. *nods*

Posted by: Andrew/Phil at July 23, 2004 8:52 PM

nope, that's not what you sound like. faker.

Posted by: tj at July 23, 2004 11:07 PM

I'm with Amber on the Keanu sound alike. Sounding very mellow and relaxed, don't know if that's the Friday or the fatigue, but I'm liking it!

Posted by: Amy at July 23, 2004 11:40 PM

Right--too fucking adorable. How I hate you. You are like totally cornering the market on adorable, and then what's left for me? Wry. As in 'pastrami on wry.' *breaks down into hormonal sobs* Why? Why? Why can't I be adorable like Chris? Waaaaaaaaaaaaa ...

Posted by: jilbur at July 24, 2004 6:47 AM

you could totally work for PRM and tell stories - who needs Garrison Keillor? Great idea! I think you should throw some guitar work in there, as well.

Posted by: samantha at July 24, 2004 11:14 AM

I agree with Andrew/Phil. You'd make a STUPENDOUS dj. Ooo yes and I also am with groovebunny on the idea of you making some audiocactus in guitar mode. I'm so late on commenting on this post that I'm just agreeing with everyone!! Haha.

Posted by: Maureen at July 24, 2004 11:31 AM

Now I am *prickling* with anticipation for VideoCactus V 0.8, the beta version? Looks like your spaceship has landed in the 21st century with your new dishwasher and wireless network...C'mon Chris you gotta keep up your bleeding-edge rep here.

Posted by: Geezitron at July 24, 2004 10:33 PM

Punchy Friday! Man, am I feeling you on this Punchy Sunday morning. Why? Because I got up at 3:30! And then drove 4 hours! To WORK! Yay work!

Also, you totally sound like I expected. Hee. You should do more punchy audio posts. It's way way easier than typing in that state, no?

Posted by: Dawnie at July 25, 2004 8:58 AM

Haha I could TOTALLY hear you trying to seel something to me over the phone. You just have that "sellers" voice LOL But I can't say anyhting more in first-time-listener response because I've already heard your voice over when Anne was doing that blogger voice record thingymabob. ;)

Posted by: Tjej at July 25, 2004 4:16 PM