July 10, 2004

Word On The "Street"

So, we've totally been outed. Yesterday, you very well might have discovered that my wife has a blog. Some of you who found out thought it was cool. Others? Not so much. Why did we keep it a secret? Let me see if I can explain...

By the time Beth started blogging (after I'd bugged her to start one because of all the cool people I'd met - that's you, by the way), I'd developed a decent sized readership. She, however, didn't feel right inheriting readers from her husband. Now, despite the fact that Beth and I have been together for eleven years, despite the frequency with which we finish each others sentences and completey ignoring the number of times we spontaneously start dancing in the living room, we remain individuals. She's got things to say and so do I. And we've each got our places to do that.

For those reasons, and those reasons alone, I kept you guys in the dark. Ok...you can yell at me now.

Posted by Chris at July 10, 2004 7:35 AM
Comments

Pfft yell at you for what?? For daring not to gives us ever itty bitty detail of your lives? Bah! Bah I say ::runs over to read Beth's blog:: *grin*

Posted by: Lauren at July 10, 2004 8:22 AM

Oh, whatever. She didn't want you to spill, so you didn't. Why, exactly, would we be mad about this? You are allowed to keep some secrets from us.

In fact, because it was all secret like, I was all excited when I found out, like I was part of some club of Smart People who was all, "hmmm... this woman had the same IM conversation with her husband that Chris had with his wife. Coincidence? Must be."

Also, I think it's spiffy that she's got one, because you don't have to explain about your crazy internet people to her. She has her own crazy internet people. Yay.

Posted by: Dawnie at July 10, 2004 8:39 AM

*stands outside blog with picket sign*
Read your wife!
Read your wife!
Stop the war machine! Peace is patriotic!

Sorry about that last one. George doesn't have a blog I can picket.

Posted by: Sheryl at July 10, 2004 10:24 AM

*gasp* the scandal!

Posted by: laura at July 10, 2004 12:00 PM

Oh dear. I know she is taken and all, and I as a rule do not have these sorts of feelings about women, but...I just might be in love with your wife.

;)

It makes me wish we had met before I left DC! Not that I didn't want to meet you, of course, but reading her blog made me laugh and laugh with all sorts of Oh My Goodness I Know That Feeling reactions.

Posted by: girl at July 10, 2004 5:57 PM

Ummmmm....

I get all the separate people thing, but dude--she's your wife! :-)

Posted by: Ginny at July 10, 2004 10:59 PM

Yeah...someone else in my family has a blog too, but I'll never tell.

Posted by: Claire at July 11, 2004 12:39 AM

It's great that we are able to receive the business loans and that opens up completely new opportunities.

Posted by: NEAL24HILLARY at May 22, 2010 3:33 AM