August 4, 2004

Lap Wars

A few days ago I mentioned Pixel and his recent desire to become a lap cat (as opposed to the fierce fighting machine he once was). If you're a cat and you weigh 18 pounds, you can pretty much get whatever it is you want. Even when someone is trying to work. Proof:

Posted by Chris at August 4, 2004 8:31 PM
Comments

I know I've said this before, but I love your purple couch. And I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to check/read email while my cat kept head-butting me for attention...hard to see through a cat.

Posted by: Zoot at August 4, 2004 8:35 PM

Pixel looks totally content while you look "put upon!" giggle And I would assume it is very hard to walk after 18 lb cat has made his home on your leg! Cat's own YOU ... You do not own cats! I know this, I am one of those scary cat ladies, I am owned by four!

And I too LOVE your purple couch too!

Posted by: Gypsy at August 4, 2004 8:48 PM

Reminds me of my Chubb Chubb. She was once tough and vicious, fighting all who stood in her way...

that is until my father turned her into a gigantic mooch and lap cat. *sigh*

my fighter is gone.

Posted by: Stacey at August 4, 2004 9:10 PM

I'll send over my two 60 lbs lap-dogs (their occupied-couch philosophy is similar) and they can duke it out ;)

Posted by: Tonya at August 4, 2004 9:20 PM

That? Is the cutest picture I have ever seen! Just remember, it's not because he's trying to annoy you...it's because he loaves you!

Man I gotta get a digital camera.

Posted by: Kerry at August 4, 2004 9:36 PM

"Work"? Yeah Chris, that really looks like work to me: couch, pajamas, remote control nearby. Methinks Pixel just knows relaxation time when he sees it.

Posted by: Casey at August 4, 2004 10:53 PM

I have to agree with everyone here and just profess my love for your couch! :D LOL. Pixel looks totally comfy while I have to say I have to school ya on a lot of that non-ergonomically correct body positionings you have going on there. :)

Posted by: groovebunny at August 4, 2004 11:07 PM

Cute kitty!!

Posted by: Pink Sun Drops at August 5, 2004 2:09 AM

Dude, you know better than to question the power of a cat. Sheesh.

Posted by: Michelle at August 5, 2004 2:57 AM

Yeah. I have a cat like that. She isn't quite as big as Pixel, but she too seems to be converting from a feisty cat to a snuggle cat. Last night, I slept(actually barely slept) for three hours with my arm propped in an uncomfortable position to the side, so that she could sleep in the crook of my armpit.

Posted by: feisty girl at August 5, 2004 5:27 AM

damn that is one big pussy cat!

Posted by: Jeff A at August 5, 2004 6:41 AM

So ... your leg was pretty much asleep, right?

Posted by: Fraulein N at August 5, 2004 7:52 AM

That is too cute. Pixel doesn't seem bothered by anything.

My smaller cat likes to perch on my lap and attack the cursor as it runs along the screen. Guess how much fun that is.

Posted by: Oliquig at August 5, 2004 7:52 AM

Why do cats do that? Everytime I get on the computer, one of mine insists on sitting on my lap. But they are so cute and fluffy, how can you resist? Cuddling in inevitable.

Posted by: myllissa at August 5, 2004 8:02 AM

Dogs have family... Cats have staff...

Posted by: wlfldy at August 5, 2004 8:21 AM

Dannng what a big cat. Yeah, I don't think I'd put up much of a fight if he decided my lap was his personal cushion. What do you do when your legs fall asleep? LOL

Posted by: Swt GA HunnyB at August 5, 2004 8:32 AM

Man, that cat is a BEAST. Bobo's usually the one who tries to invade my lap whilst I'm doing other things, but he's only 9-10 pounds.

I hope you didn't sprain something vital with him sitting on your leg like that. That's a whole lotta cat to support.

Posted by: Dawnie at August 5, 2004 9:08 AM

ok, I echo the comments about the couch. Love it.
As for the feline...DAMN! LOL....My cat looks big, but it is all hair. THAT is a big ass cat.

But how cute?? aww...I am a sucker for furry purring goodness... :O)

Posted by: Jen at August 5, 2004 9:12 AM

There isn't much else man needs in life ... comfy couch, pjs, internet access, a warm furry and TIVO.
= )

Posted by: LOUP at August 5, 2004 9:55 AM

You keep talking about this cat that you have, but all I see is a dog.

Posted by: Mike at August 5, 2004 10:10 AM

my monty? is all white and weighs 18.6 lbs. heh.
his little biscuit-making dance? that he does before he chooses where exactly to sit on me? HURTS. seriously. but what's a mom to do?

Posted by: type a at August 5, 2004 11:58 AM

Ooof...Seriously - I think that kitty is bigger than my dog! Wish I wasn't allergic to kitties - miss the ones I had when I was a kid!

Posted by: Sue at August 5, 2004 1:30 PM