September 15, 2004

Audioblog: Number One

My name for the day...and a lame joke.

I realize some of you have had issues hearing the Audioblog. If so, you're not missing anything today.

Happy Hump Day!

Posted by Chris at September 15, 2004 9:11 AM
Comments

dude, you SOUND like you have bed-head. hehehe i am so going to start stalking you... only if my husband lets me of course. on that note, i'd rather be Number 1 than Number 2, if you know what i mean...

i'm going back to 1327... any closer?

Posted by: monique at September 15, 2004 9:13 AM

You have got the Marcel bit down pat -- when are you going on the road with that?

Posted by: LOUP at September 15, 2004 9:14 AM

You know, the Marcel impression would have been a lot better if you hadn't insisted on doing the damn "stuck in a box" bit. Everyone does that. I expect better of you, Number 1.

(Dude, now you need to start hanging out with Patrick Stewart and make him call you that all the time. Heehee.)

Posted by: Dawnie at September 15, 2004 9:27 AM

You sound pretty much exactly as I thought you would. And although I don't have to wake up at 3 am to make the doughnuts (you sound like the old Dunkin' Donuts commercial!), I'm still going to bitch about work :) Then again, I always do.

Posted by: Kristi at September 15, 2004 9:35 AM

hahahahaha! Marcel Morseau. (sp)
TOO FUNNY!

Posted by: Pamalamadingdong at September 15, 2004 9:49 AM

Ok, that was weird. Listening to your voice changed my whole blogging experience and made it just a little too up close and personal. It was sort of creepy. I'm so not doing that again. (insert freaked out bug-eyed smiley here)

Posted by: Iki at September 15, 2004 9:50 AM

Mmmmm donuts. Anyone who contributes to the success of the donut industry is a hero in my eyes. Being that I've just woken, is it any wonder I was waiting to "hear" Marcel speak? Oy! I need a cup of coffee. And? And a donut. :)

Posted by: groovebunny at September 15, 2004 10:00 AM

Time to make the doughnuts.

I like the Marcel impression, but instead of the "stuck in the box" thing, might I be so bold as to suggest try the "walking against the wind" or even the "walking with too many balloons". Practice hard and I'll look for you on the street corner next month when I'm shopping, um, I mean "working" in DC for a couple of days.

Posted by: Busy Mom at September 15, 2004 10:02 AM

I love random nicknames from strangers! I've only had two (that I know of, who knows what everyone else is saying behind my back...) Oddly enough, I've only gotten my nicknames from people at hospitals, which can't be a good sign. My first was "The Toe", and my second was given to me just a couple weeks ago at Walter Reed in DC - "Hollywood." The valet guys seem to think I look like I'm from Hollywood because of some glasses I usually wear. They really take it far, too. Last time he got my car, he said, "Okay now, better hurry and get outta here before the paparazzi show up!"

Posted by: Heather at September 15, 2004 11:39 AM

Weird.
When I went to visit my Grandparents last night, my Grandmother called me her #1, "Oh!!! A visit from my #1, how lovely!" - which was extremely weird because I'm not her first grandchild (and she's not British so I don't know why she says 'lovely'). Maybe it means I'm her favorite??? Doubtful - I'm competing against Dr. & Lawyer grandchildren :/
Anyway...
very,very weird.

But at least your Marcel impression is right on the money.

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at September 15, 2004 12:12 PM

You sound like I thought you would. It's kind of freaky to hear your voice though -- makes you "real".

Posted by: Kelly at September 15, 2004 12:14 PM

In our home you are totally considered "pee". Sorry,man.

Posted by: jujubee at September 15, 2004 12:29 PM

You're totally wearing verticle stripes today, aren't you. And I guess it's better than being called "number two"...because I am a thirteen year old boy!

Posted by: Granola Spice at September 15, 2004 12:55 PM

Yeah, I was not awake enough to not listen for the Marcel Marceau thing. But then I got it, and was amused. No, really, I was.

Posted by: Heather at September 15, 2004 1:38 PM

Holy moly. 5 AM for a doughnut? 6 at the latest? No wonder you're able to post a Haiku before I've rubbed the sleep out of eyes. . .

That's the best Marcel impersonation I've heard yet.

Posted by: Colby at September 15, 2004 2:06 PM

It so funny how you build a person in your mind when you read these blogs. If you have seen the picture of the person that belongs to the blog, then you imagine what their voice may sound like. See, everyone on my blogroll sounds exactly like me...in my head. So, hearing your audioblog, I am reminded that you sound nothing like me. What a relief for you, I am sure!

Posted by: Nicole at September 15, 2004 4:29 PM

You mean there are actually people who GO to Dunkin Donuts at 6am when not trying to make a plane or something? I am so not a morning person..I'm glad there are morning people though, less peeps on the road to make my 8:45 commute right speedy!

Posted by: Sue at September 15, 2004 6:59 PM

Well, well, No. 1!! (we can call you that, right?)

Posted by: DeAnn at September 16, 2004 5:25 AM

What am I missing here? I don't hear or see anything to hear...

Posted by: wlfldy at September 20, 2004 9:49 AM