September 17, 2004

Boy Wonder

In the somewhat near future, my company has its annual end-of-summer event for which we take over a local amusement park for a day. My wife and I were discussing it last night.

Her: I hope its nice when we go.
Me: Yeah, me too.
Her: So I can ride the Batman!
Me: Superman. There is no Batman.
Her: I thought there was a Batman.
Me: There's a Joker or something but no Batman.
Her: What did I want to ride last year?
Me: Superman.
Her: Isn't there a whole Batman-themed area there?
Me: Its pretty much superheroes in general. Its not limited to just Batman.
Her: So, Superman it is.
Me: Good, cos I don't want to hear that you want to ride the boy wonder. I'm your boy wonder!

It got crass after that. I'll spare you.

And yes...I'm tabulating the results of the vote right now. I'll post the winner this afternoon!

Happy Friday everyone!

Posted by Chris at September 17, 2004 8:22 AM
Comments

Hee. Ride the boy wonder. Gotta love the dirty superhero jokes.

Posted by: Fraulein N at September 17, 2004 8:41 AM

LOLOL! I want to go!

Posted by: Ginny at September 17, 2004 8:48 AM

You can get those capes at Target, well, I have HEARD you can get those capes at Target anyway...

Posted by: debby at September 17, 2004 8:50 AM

At least you aren't Gleek her super monkey.

Posted by: LOUP at September 17, 2004 8:54 AM

hold up, there's no batman?

Posted by: laura at September 17, 2004 9:14 AM

KA-POW! BAM! "HOLY GUACAMOLE Batman! Somebody wants to ride me!" "Leave that to Rude Cactus, Robin. We have to get back to Gotham City! Into the Batmobile!" SCREECH! ZOOM!

Posted by: Colby at September 17, 2004 9:19 AM

Damn that's funny stuff!

Posted by: Kenn at September 17, 2004 9:28 AM

At ours, they have a Batman and a Robin ride. They are together, but seperate, and nowhere near equal. Batman kicks Robin's pansy ass.... although Robin is much, much faster than Batman.

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at September 17, 2004 9:40 AM

but they have Batwing, don't they? we are talking about Six Flags, right? i'm pretty sure there's a Batwing. i've ridden that. unless i'm just halucinating... which is possible, i suppose. but no, Batwing is the flying coaster, if i recall correctly. Superman rocks, too, though.

Posted by: Judy at September 17, 2004 9:56 AM

uhm, i thought it was generally acknowledged that the boy wonder was a bit, uhm, heterosexually challenged? i'm not trying to get into your business ... not that there's anything wrong with that. i'm just curiuos. :D

Posted by: patricia at September 17, 2004 10:24 AM

Don't you have that theme song in your head now? dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-doo-doo-doot

Posted by: Sue at September 17, 2004 11:25 AM

So there, boy wonder.

Posted by: Mrs. Cactus at September 17, 2004 11:46 AM

ever wonder why 'boy wonder' never grew up to be 'man wonder'? do they wonder if he will ever be a man? if he grew up to be 'man wonder' would they change his name to 'wonder man'? hmmm. i wonder. the more i type wonder, the more wrong it looks. i wonder why that is?

Posted by: monique at September 17, 2004 11:49 AM

I have been away for a while and was just able to get back to reading my friends blogs again and saw about your contest...as usual the story of my life continues....I am never at the right place at the right time....Dude I think if you check out all that has been going on in my life at my blog with my mom you might feel so sorry for me you just might send me a CD of your favs anyway...I do deserve something....see you did not even have to aske me I told you...lol

Posted by: Sweet N Sassy at September 17, 2004 12:20 PM

Hahaha... if we gave boy wonder a super hero name it would be The Avenging Manly Man. (Chris translates to: The Cold Beer Bottle Man). Both good options, I think.

Here's the link- http://www.rainbowanimations.com/supername.php

Posted by: The Laughing Airplane Pilot at September 17, 2004 1:46 PM

Hee, hee! Funny.

Posted by: Shiz at September 24, 2004 1:21 PM

Some time ago, I really needed to buy a car for my organization but I didn't have enough cash and couldn't purchase something. Thank goodness my brother suggested to take the loans from reliable creditors. Therefore, I did so and was happy with my secured loan.

Posted by: QUEENCHAPMAN29 at June 13, 2011 7:07 AM