September 5, 2004

First Fives!

Since I participated in this yesterday over at RockStarMommy's site, I figured I should post it here. This also gives me a great chance to plug RockStarMommy who does, as her name suggests, totally rock!

Without further ado, list the first 5 things that come to mind for all 5 categories.

1. Electric
2. Kid's Books You Liked
3. Having Fun
4. Green
5. September

No cheating, but here are my original answers...

Electric: guitar, Company (am I the only one who remember that show?), Light Orchestra, Bugaloo, LadyLand.

Kids Books: Where the Wild Things Are, Where the Sidewalk Ends, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Wrinkle In Time, Wizard of Oz.

Having Fun: Paris, long blues solos, dancing in my kitchen, reading a good book, singing Foo Fighters songs at the top of my lungs while driving.

Green: leaves, tea, "its not easy being," grass, River.

September: 11th, school, fall, Labor Day, traffic.

Posted by Chris at September 5, 2004 9:42 AM
Comments

"Hey you guys!"

Yes, I, too, remember the Electric Company.

Posted by: Jay at September 5, 2004 10:42 AM

I would comment on this... but that would seem a little repetitious, now wouldn't it? ;)

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at September 5, 2004 12:04 PM

Okay here are my answers although it was impossible not to peek at yours! lol

1. Electric~ guitar, slide, power, hair pin, zowie!
2. Kid's Books You Liked~ The Little Prinice, There's a Wocket in My Pocket, Where the Wild Things Are, Winnie the Pooh, The Sign of the Seahorse
3. Having Fun~ naked time, thrashing my head around while singing "No One is Really Beautiful" Jude~at the top of my lungs in my car, hanging with the wee one, painting
4. Green~ newness, Kermie, tea, grass, mold
5. September~ school, fall, teachers, traffic, having to leave the house much earlier for work

And yes I remember Electric Company too!

Posted by: groovebunny at September 5, 2004 1:45 PM

Will read everyone else's stuff after I do this...
1. guitar
2. where the sidewalk ends by shel silverstein
3. the park
4. grass
5. school
how boring ;)

Posted by: Heather at September 5, 2004 2:34 PM

oh, yah, i didn't read very carefully...adding now
1. light bulb, electric circus, bills, neon
2. the cat in the hat, berenstein bears, robert munsch, the secret garden
3. laughing, playing piano, horsebackriding, frisbee
4. money (this makes no sense cuz i'm canadian), spring, irish, limes - 4048
5. stress, back to school shopping, indian summer, obligations

Posted by: Heather at September 5, 2004 2:38 PM

Don't feel bad Heather, I did the same thing. I posted mine on my site so I didn't clutter up the comments here. Good thing I did when you look at it!!

Posted by: Pink Sun Drops at September 5, 2004 3:58 PM

1. Electric: guitar, lights, fence, car, toothbrush

2. Kid's Books You Liked: Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day; Where the Wild Things are; Rain Babies; Harold and the Purple Crayon; If You Give a Mouse a Cookie; Strege Nona

3. Having Fun: Cedar Point, Swimming, Reading, Boating, Cooking

4. Green: Grass, Money, Envy, Trees, Washington State

5. September: Fall, School, Fair, Sweaters, New Shoes, school supplies

Posted by: doulazanie at September 5, 2004 10:19 PM

aww, shel silverstein is awesome. i remember reading all those books back when i was younger :)

Posted by: tiffanie at September 5, 2004 11:54 PM

1. Electric
Guitar, storms, colours, cords, pencil sharpener (yeah I don't know why either)
2. Kid's Books You Liked
Trumpet Swan, Charlotte's Web, Topsy-Turvies: Pictures to Stretch the Imagination, Wind in the Willows, Pooh (I can't help it, I love Pooh :-)
3. Having Fun
Dancing, Singing loudly to music with my iPod and earphones oblivious that the world is listening in horrified, driving fast, the ocean (I'm a water baby!), sketching
4. Green
laying on the grass, Kermit, beer, glass, buggers
5. September
the 11th, fall smells and colours (my favorite time of the year), back to school, big fat fall issue of vogue, (yes I know that's shallow, however I do give money to charities so it makes up for my shallowness) no white after Labor day (which I do wear afterwards, but I realize it's a sin)

- si

Posted by: Simone at September 6, 2004 3:44 AM

Electric Company! I remember that show, (dang, got the song in my head now ...) well that's much better than pencil sharpener. Geesh.

- si

Posted by: Simone at September 6, 2004 3:47 AM

I loved the ELECTRIC COMPANY Show also! (But can you remember the THEME SONG?) hee hee.

One more thing Cactus, to add to your September list..... MY BIRTHDAY! (30th)*wink*

I'll post mine on my site later!

Posted by: Scarlett Cyn at September 6, 2004 4:41 AM

Hey Chris...rather than posting my responses here, I've put them up over at my site. I swear I didn't look at yours or Rock Star Mommy's first.

Posted by: Joe at September 7, 2004 12:22 AM

No way - you are plain wrong.

Posted by: TracFone at October 13, 2004 10:40 AM