September 24, 2004

Mental Health (Fri)Day

So, I called in sick this morning. Am I sick? Well, there's some room for interpretation there...but I am very tired and have an irritating headache. That qualifies, right? I thought so. Hopefully I'll come up with something brilliant and enlightening to post later...but until then, remember to ask me some questions. I'll be collecting them and answering them this weekend!

And one special announcement - Joe, a long time reader, from Play By Play dropped me an email in which he announced, "I have to say Chris that my day turned around dramatically after our e-mail exchange. My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl at 5:23 p.m. CT this afternoon! :)" Congratulations to Joe and his wife!!

Posted by Chris at September 24, 2004 9:35 AM
Comments

It's about mental health too so yeah, how you're feeling today totally qualifies. Hope the headache ends soon. FYI -- Advil gelcaps are miracle workers. They work wonders on my migraines so you know they're good stuff.

Posted by: patricia at September 24, 2004 9:46 AM

Hope you feel better soon.

Now as far as a question...tell us this.

What is the one thing that you recall almost instantly from your childhood?

Posted by: Swt GA HunnyB at September 24, 2004 10:04 AM

Awww sorry you're not feeling well Mr. Cactus. Mental health days are good to take when you've been burning the candle at both ends like you have. Something that always makes me feel better, a nice long soak in a hot tub! Especially if it's a milk bath with rosemary in the water. :) Hope you feel better and take care!

Posted by: groovebunny at September 24, 2004 11:11 AM

Chris, that TOTALLY counts. I count it even when I'm thinking that I might cry if I have to go to work AGAIN. I call it a mental health day, because THAT'S WHAT IT IS.

Enjoy your sick day. Be well.

And congrats to Joe & the fam!

Posted by: Shiz at September 24, 2004 11:26 AM

Hmmm...being one who calls in sick for a hangnail (not really) I can totally understand staying home for an ugly headache. And...since I was home 3 days this week, I guess you can take one off. If I was smart, I would have come down with a cold on Wednesday and then had Thurs. and Fri. off as well. Dang! I'll have to plan better next time.

Posted by: doulazanie at September 24, 2004 11:36 AM

Congrats to Joe! Hope you feel better,Chris. I have a headache today too, can I call in sick?

Posted by: jujubee at September 24, 2004 11:56 AM

The "I am tired and have an irritating headache always seems to be what my wife says. Enjoy your day, and have a great weekend.

Posted by: Strode at September 24, 2004 12:04 PM

Congrats to Joe!

As for a question, hmmm... What do you think are your best and worst personality traits? (That's one question with two parts.)

Posted by: Fraulein N at September 24, 2004 1:47 PM

hope your head gets to feeling better... go out and get some lavendar oil and massage your temples... works wonders for me

Posted by: monique at September 24, 2004 3:28 PM

Sometimes you have to look out for you, because no one else will. If you didn't feel well, then damnit, you didn't feel well. Get a nap or two in and have a killer weekend.

Congrats to Joe!!! That's awesome, man!

Posted by: myllissa at September 24, 2004 3:57 PM

Hey Chris...thanks for the positive note and the link. M's doing great and K's slowly recovering...may be in the hospital for a few extra days, but everything should work out fine in time.

Thanks again!