October 20, 2004

Hump Day Accomplishments

So far, I've accomplished several noteworthy things this morning...

1. Almost fell asleep while driving to work. Note use of the word "almost" - I only slightly veered into the wrong lane but I was never actually snoozing. My eyes were just resting. Yeah, that's it. Just resting.

2. Ignored a call from my mom wanting to meet me for coffee. I know. That makes me a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad son. But I couldn't take that this morning. I love my mother. But sometimes she makes me want to drive pencils into my brain through any available orifices.

3. Completed developing a project plan and budget for a project I'm running. It really was as thrilling as it sounds. But? Its also proof that I actually have been working this morning...kinda.

4. Spit gum across my office. I was aiming for the trashcan. I got a little overenthusiastic. It stuck to the wall.

5. Read drunken tales of woe from my JLB compatriots - and everyone join me in welcoming Type A to the Brigade!

6. Consumed a mere 20 ounces of coffee which, I'm realizing, isn't nearly enough. Which reminds me - I need a flunky. I have some power (um, not much but some) around here. I realize its rather '50s of me but I need someone whose sole purpose in life is to get me shit. Stat!

7. Gotten "Ramblin' Man" by the Allman Brothers stuck in my head. Help!

8. Came up with a really crappy blog entry which is neither funny nor amusing but, damnit, I'm going to post it anyway cos I've got nuthin'.

Posted by Chris at October 20, 2004 9:31 AM
Comments

Oh NO. "Lawd I was booorn a ramblin MAN..."

Argh! Stuck in head!

Posted by: supine at October 20, 2004 9:40 AM

dangit.... now i've got the song stuck in my head, too!! thanks! =)

Posted by: Judy at October 20, 2004 10:12 AM

i am so loving your use of the phrase "through any available orifices" so early in the morning. and also? the spitting of the gum across the room. empowering, isn't it?

wait - i know - sing this, "i love my baby back baby back baby back . . ." or the applebees song. whichever.

Posted by: type a at October 20, 2004 10:17 AM

I love that picture in your short bio there - reminds me of the story my mom told me about Bruce Springsteen dedicating the new bridge in Boston.

Hey - friends don't let friends drive tired! (Stay home and sleep)...

Hope the day gets uh... better?

Posted by: Elizabeth at October 20, 2004 10:23 AM

But did you leave the gum there?

Posted by: Sue at October 20, 2004 10:37 AM

I thought it rather amusing and sounds much like the morning I am having. Doesn't help that I woke up this morning KNOWING it was the weekend and then being dashed by the fact that it was Wednesday. Two more days to go!

Posted by: Swt GA HunnyB at October 20, 2004 10:57 AM

Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguleria is on iTunes radio and I don't have the will power to change it...

Posted by: katherine at October 20, 2004 11:01 AM

Thanks for the Ramblin' Man earworm. Maybe I'll stop singing Draggin' the Line from that G-DAMN Mitsubishi commercial.

Nope, still stuck. Now the Ramblin' Man is Draggin' the Line. Thanks, Buddy!

Posted by: doulazanie at October 20, 2004 11:16 AM

If you would mix some of these up (flunky gets you coffee, THEN you drive to work) you may not be asleep at the wheel.

Hey, speaking of asleep at the wheel (I was)... My pappy said son you're gonna drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that hot rod Lincoln...

Posted by: ben at October 20, 2004 11:22 AM

Thanks....now I've got that damn Allman brothers song stuck in my head!!

Posted by: Kimmer at October 20, 2004 11:32 AM

Did you piss on the toilet seat too? What a day!

Posted by: at October 20, 2004 12:27 PM

I'm confused on # 6. The hell is a flunky? I am retarded. . .

Posted by: Colby at October 20, 2004 12:46 PM

I spent the entire summer being a flunky. Pretty much my sole purpose was going to the hardware store, Office Max, and Fazoli's. It was the best job ever! Maybe I could come intern for a semester . . .I'm excellent at picking up lunch, making copies, and sending faxes. I'm sure I could handle serving coffee as well. References available.

Posted by: Rachael at October 20, 2004 1:42 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself. It was 'mildly' amusing :-D

Posted by: Ginny at October 20, 2004 2:12 PM

This'll get "Ramblin' Man" out of yer head:

If not? "It's a small world aaaaaaaaafter all ..."

Posted by: Broad at October 20, 2004 8:06 PM

i'm graduating in 2 months and am currently applying my butt off for flunky positions.

Posted by: lucky at October 20, 2004 8:17 PM

Your mom doesn't read your blog does she!?

Posted by: Heather at October 20, 2004 9:14 PM

ya had to mention the song didn't you!
No worries, my mom makes me feel the same way at times....ya.

Posted by: Jade at October 21, 2004 7:57 AM

Ooo. I'm having one of those days as well.

I'm an executive admin assistant. When I leave this job in about 2007, I'd love to come and work for you. I know it sounds stupid, but I love helping and, well assisting people. I don't really like to be in charge. I'm more of a "doesn't make big decisions, answer the phone, play on the computer" type. Let me know...we can talk long term!

Posted by: myllissa at October 21, 2004 11:22 AM