October 28, 2004

Little Swimmers

Since I brought it up, I've gotten a lot of comments and even more email from you wonderful people telling me that your fingers, toes and other body parts are crossed for me. And I appreciate the support more than you know. While I try to maintain a sense of humor about it - and there's no denying that its a good source of material - I have been concerned not only for myself but for my wife. I'm happy to report that my little swimmers are just fine. More importantly, so's Beth. I think she recently spelled it out better than I ever could.

On an entirely less-important and different note, last night proved that Lost is still the most intriguing thing on television while The West Wing, the older episodes of which, in my opinion, were the best things on television, continues its slow slide into oblivion thanks to idiot John Wells. What happened last night? Inexcusable.

Thanks to all who read yesterday's incredibly long political diatribe. I really owe a lot of you cookies. Now I just have to figure out a way to make that happen!

Posted by Chris at October 28, 2004 9:20 AM
Comments

Glad the "swimmers" are fine. Was trying to figure out how to ask for a card about that at my local Hallmark store - you saved me the trouble - thanks.

Posted by: debby at October 28, 2004 9:34 AM

The West Wing made me cry, dang it. Not that I mind a show that makes me cry, but yeesh. Sure, yeah, Bartlett can grant "world peace" as though he were a beauty pageant contestant. I'm still gonna miss Leo though.

Posted by: Heather at October 28, 2004 10:07 AM

Glad to hear the swimmers and the plumbing is fine. :) And having a wonderful sense of humor about those things always makes the waiting for test results a little easier. As for "Lost" I've still yet to see it! I all but the first two episodes recorded on DVR but I can barely find the time to watch TV, with the exception of "Survivor" of course. :)

Posted by: charm at October 28, 2004 10:28 AM

I just about screamed at the end of West Wing last night! How could they!!! How could they just.... Well you know. JUST WRONG!! I'm outraged!

Posted by: Pixie at October 28, 2004 10:46 AM

Have no idea about West Wing, but then again, there's enough soap opera in the real West Wing that I don't need the TV anyway. ;)

Glad the swimmers are doing ok. Will be keeping the fingers crossed for the next few months.

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at October 28, 2004 10:57 AM

I've got my own fertility stuff going on, so I'm really rooting for you and Beth. Glad to hear you've gotten some good news.

I love Lost. Love it! And while I missed the West Wing last night, I agree that the older episodes are so much better than the new ones.

Posted by: bad penguin at October 28, 2004 11:14 AM

Haven't they invented wireless cookie services yet?

Posted by: Mike at October 28, 2004 11:16 AM

Congratulations to both you and your wife! I'm glad to hear it!
And you're right. Lost? Is great. West Wing? What the hell is going on over there?
And cookies? I prefer regular old chocolate chip, thank you. ;)

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at October 28, 2004 11:43 AM

yay for LOST! loave the lost!

Posted by: type a at October 28, 2004 12:46 PM

Well now then... Go swimmers go!!

Posted by: Amber at October 28, 2004 12:50 PM

I definitely agree regarding The West Wing. Is Leo dead? Did he have a heart attack or was he taken out by a rogue bullet? And all that emoting was very painful to watch. What happened to the funny witty banter of seasons past?

Posted by: jacinthe at October 28, 2004 12:56 PM

Lost is the best. show. ever.
Also? Glad to hear your swimmers are okay. I'm sending lots of positive vibes to you and Beth.

Posted by: Heather at October 28, 2004 2:03 PM

Glad to hear your swimmers are well. Also that Beth is okeyday on that end as well.

In regard to the West Wing, that sucked so bad. Ticked me off that there would have been no Bartlett as "President" without Leo and now Leo is gone. And WTF? Nobody thought it weird that after Leo looked like hell all day that he hadn't been seen since the previous evening??? Idiot writing I tell ya.

Catch your next installment...Happy Thursday!!!

Posted by: Desiree' at October 28, 2004 2:47 PM

Glad to hear your boys are fit as a fiddle. (Do you ever find it odd that people are commenting on the fitness of your sperm?)

Hope they kick it into gear and do their job. I mean really, how cute would a little Rude Cactus/So The Fish Said baby be!

Posted by: doulazanie at October 28, 2004 3:05 PM

i've got you and beth in my prayers. two people as great as you will be blessed with babies. don't you worry.

Posted by: tiffanie at October 28, 2004 3:35 PM

Good luck witth your swimmers!

Posted by: Sue at October 28, 2004 3:39 PM

Hrm. Glad to hear the boys can swim. ;-)

I'm really rooting for you and Beth. If either of you ever want to commiserate over the whole fertility struggle, you know how to find me.

Posted by: Casey at October 28, 2004 3:42 PM

Congratulations on the good news, and I agree that West Wing keeps on getting worse every week. I love watching the older episodes on the Bravo channel.

Posted by: Steel Buildings Diary at October 28, 2004 5:33 PM

I am so glad that all is well on the health front for Beth and your little swimmers!
So, when do I get a neice or a nephew?

Posted by: Jade at October 28, 2004 7:33 PM

I will just say this:

The Boy's sister-in-law was on fertility drugs for a year or so. Kid one is here and 15 months old. Because they thought the second time would be just as hard, kid two will be here in two months.

Give Beth a hug and this news. They don't give you the treatment without hard facts that it will probably work.

Posted by: alektra at October 28, 2004 7:36 PM

Well, our computers do store cookies from your site, so, well, consider it done. I have the cookies you sent my way. Thanks!

And I'm rooting (and crying a little) for you and Beth.

Posted by: DeAnn at October 29, 2004 12:47 AM

I was very happy to learn things are okay with you and Beth. Her entry yesterday was incredibly touching.

Lost rocks. I read somewhere that by the end of the season most of the cast will be gone so it makes me wonder what the 2nd season (if there is one) will look like, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

The West Wing is trying my patience. I stuck with it after Sorkin left even though people said it sucked, but if they've killed Leo off I'm gonna be seriously pissed. I LOVE Leo. And not even Jimmy Smits joining the cast could make it better.

As for your political diatribe...I don't think there's a single thing I disagree with. It was actually a little scary. :D Thanks for sharing it all with us.

Posted by: patricia at October 29, 2004 9:07 AM

Okay, now you've got to pep talk your little guys into swimming the extra mile to the slack sisters (aka. ovaries). They're playing hard to get! CONGRATS!

Posted by: Kimmer at October 29, 2004 11:14 AM

I'm glad your little guys are ok.

And I hope you and Beth get what you want soon :)

Ask Beth if she wants to borrow Caelyn for a couple hours, or days...or years. ;)

Posted by: Stacey at October 29, 2004 12:39 PM

So glad to hear that you, Beth, and the "swimmers" are doing okay.

Posted by: Fraulein N at October 29, 2004 1:22 PM

Does that mean I can uncross now??

Yay for your swimmers!!! :)) Glad Beth's okay to. Best wishes to both of you.

Posted by: Sweety at October 31, 2004 2:06 PM