October 10, 2004

Travelog: Day Two

First, the bit that I left out from Day One. We went to one of our favorite restaurants - Becco. Its a great Italian place on W 46th, otherwise known as Restaurant Row. It was fabulous. But can I tell you how much we ate? Um, no. There aren't ample words in the English language to convey how much we consumed. It was painful to walk back to the hotel. But we managed.

This morning we got up nice and early, caught a quick breakfast in the hotel and headed out on the town. It was chilly and a bit rainy but it soon cleared up. We made the hike from 41st to, oh, somewhere around 90th and caught an exhibition at the Guggenheim. We meandered through Central Park, attempting to make it to the west side but we got sidetracked. The resevoir, the boathouse, Strawberry Fields...they were all gorgeous. Then the hike back, which was probably a little slower than the walk uptown, given sore legs and stops to check out sidewalk artists and knock-off Coach bags.

So, we've walked more miles than god but our work here is not done. We're about to turn around and head out for another evening - we've got restaurants to check out and a show (Avenue Q) to see. More, of course, later...

Posted by Chris at October 10, 2004 3:37 PM
Comments

I can't WAIT to get there again! :)))

I'm happy to hear you guys are having so much fun!

Posted by: Sweety at October 10, 2004 3:42 PM

Knock off Coach bags are so worth the sore legs.

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at October 10, 2004 3:57 PM

*jumping up and down* AVENUE Q!!!!

I want to see that show so much!

and great picture, Chris!

Posted by: samantha at October 10, 2004 6:04 PM

*sigh* i wish i were in new york...i'm so glad you're having a good time though! someday i'll be able to afford to leave my state =P

Posted by: tiffanie at October 10, 2004 7:53 PM

Wow, that was freaky as I came to your site I had JUST posted about John! Happy NYC Trip! Some day I might make it there! *grin*

Posted by: gypsy at October 10, 2004 9:11 PM

I love NYC!!! I was there last year, and saw about 1/8 of what I had wanted to see. MUST return. I hope you are having a fabulous time! Oh, and yes.. I am blogging again. I've broken the silence... although the "glassy=I'd" domain is kaput!! I've still been dropping in to see you quite often, though - your site is one of my favorites.

Posted by: Ms_Dee at October 10, 2004 10:48 PM

I'm so jealous! It sounds like the two of you are having a marvelous time. Happy Anniversary! =D

Posted by: Jennie at October 11, 2004 12:03 AM

I'm so jealous. This is seriously the trip that I dream about.

Posted by: DeAnn at October 11, 2004 1:31 AM

urk, this is what happens when I get lame on keeping up with my blogroll--you're practically in my backyard and I don't find out until days after the fact! IMO the best Chinese food in NYC is at Phoenix Garden in Turtle Bay (242 E 40th St, between 2nd and 3rd aves). Best salt-and-pepper shrimp in the city ...

Posted by: jilbur at October 11, 2004 8:42 AM

I guess after eating half the food in the restaurant, you sure as hell better be walking that far or you'll be shopping for new clothes before the week is out.

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at October 11, 2004 10:01 AM

Gosh, would you two like a roommate? I would love to come stay with you in NYC! Thanks for asking!

It sounds like you're having a good time. Love the pics too!

Posted by: doulazanie at October 11, 2004 11:35 AM

Very moving shot. :)

Posted by: charm at October 11, 2004 12:14 PM

Sounds like so much fun.
I've never been, nor have I known anyone who's ever been (during my stint knowing them) so this is a treat for me too!
Have a drink on me and I'll send ya a money order when ya'll get back!
I'm SERIOUS!

Posted by: Jade at October 11, 2004 12:50 PM

Sounds like you're having a blast! Enjoy the remainder of your trip, and Happy Anniversary a few days late!

Posted by: Heather at October 11, 2004 2:34 PM

But what purse did Beth carry all day??? Happy Anniversary!

Posted by: Jazzy at October 11, 2004 5:30 PM

Oooooohhhh...I SO want to see Avenue Q! I've almost bought the soundtrack just for the song titles!!!

Posted by: Joe at October 12, 2004 12:54 AM

Oh my God...that picture gave me chills. Especially in light of the entry I just wrote at my blog. That is so beautiful. I am so envious that you were at Strawberry Fields. It's been three years since I was there last.

Posted by: Mary at October 13, 2004 2:35 AM