November 12, 2004

Friday, You Say?

...surely you jest. At the rate this week has been going, I figured it for some day in, oh, 2018. In other words...long week!

Yes, I have more meetings today but not nearly as many. The thing that bothers me most about today? I have to present briefings about two projects I'm running to The Uber Boss. In the grand scheme of things around here, he's pretty much Godzilla to my Mothra...War and Peace to my Harlequin romance novel...Hummer to my Big Wheel. In other words, he's important. So, yeah, that's got me a little nervous.

Before I hook my bag of coffee up to the IV drip in my office, I want to respond to what Beth said during Open Mic Thursday. Yes, I did actually give myself a concussion from jumping on the bed. And no, I wasn't five - I was 22 or 23. Also, I did in fact trash my knee dancing in the kitchen with my lovely wife. I put it right through a wall. There are many more...maybe if you're nice to her she'll share more. Because yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am a doof and proud of it!

Posted by Chris at November 12, 2004 8:00 AM
Comments

Well, at least you're an entertaining doof. That's the best kind. :) Good luck with the presentations.

Posted by: Heather at November 12, 2004 8:01 AM

See, but at least you were having fun when you hurt yourself. I'll just be gesturing wildly while talking and ram my knuckles into a doorway. Fun.

Posted by: Fraulein N at November 12, 2004 8:58 AM

long live doofs. they make life so much more fun!

Posted by: chlamygirl at November 12, 2004 9:01 AM

Break a leg during your presentation! Just remember to not break into any dance moves and stay away from walls and you should be allright. :) Oh...and also picturing Godzilla/Hummer naked just might be the trick to get your through your presentation! Happy Friday!

Posted by: charm at November 12, 2004 9:59 AM

God loves doofs, that is why there are funny looking animals and rainbows!!!

Posted by: Swt GA HunnyB at November 12, 2004 11:04 AM

LOL - don't feel too bad...my husband once grabbed me and lifted me up. And practically put my head right through the ceiling. Unfortunately, the ceiling was stronger than my head. OUCH. He bought me a helmet for my next birthday as a gag.

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at November 12, 2004 11:43 AM

It's okay. I broke my leg doing a cartwheel on rollerskates. And no, I won't tell you how old I was.

Posted by: Heather at November 12, 2004 11:52 AM

Doofs of the world must stick together. And Beth and Chris' jobs are to tell the tales of our clutziness. ha ha ha

All hail to wonderful significant others who can laugh WITH you when you injure yourself.

Chris bought me a cape to go w my Clumsito Bonito superhero alter ego. HA HA

Posted by: amy at November 12, 2004 12:14 PM

hey you living in my world cause that sounds just about right for my should be happy day...

that said Ill be a doof with ya (a doof who locked herself out of the flat all night- yes its another story in the No Tink ONLY YOU series!!)

Posted by: stinkerbell at November 12, 2004 1:43 PM

Aww. I have doofy stories like that too. They're the best kind, right? =D Happy Friday!

Posted by: Jennie at November 12, 2004 2:37 PM

Always be proud of your "doofness" because, as a wise man once told me, it's something to be proud of!

Posted by: Jade at November 12, 2004 8:56 PM

i trashed my knee in the kitchen too. my boyfriend was making an omelette and he decided to pick me up and spin me around (i assume the spinning part because it never actually got there). during the picking-up part we didn't notice that i was standing right next to the sharp edge of the countertop...wow that baby bled, and hurt, and turned black and blue. it took weeks to get back to normal, and i still have a scar.

bad things happen to knees in kitchens, i've decided.

Posted by: rachel at November 13, 2004 1:09 AM

You might be a doof, but we wouldn't have you any other way.

Have a great weekend Chris!

Posted by: Desiree' at November 13, 2004 11:27 AM

Hi Doof. I'm Ditz. Glad to meetcha.

Posted by: wlfldy at November 15, 2004 11:00 AM