November 5, 2004

Office Space

Good morning and happy Friday. If my email is to be believed, you guys kinda worry when I don't post first thing as usual. You worry about me - I feel so loved! But, yeah, anyway, here I am! I figured today, I'd pull back the curtain a little bit and take you on an incredibly lame tour of my office.

Fridays around here are uber-quiet. This one doesn't seem to be any exception. But I've got a meeting with Crazy Client this afternoon so I'm stuck. Um, anyone wanna play 20 questions?

Posted by Chris at November 5, 2004 10:44 AM
Comments

I like how you assigned the letters in no particular order so that we got to really search for each one. I always like a challenge.

Posted by: Mrs. Cactus at November 5, 2004 10:57 AM

um... L?

Posted by: julie at November 5, 2004 10:57 AM

your laptop?
...she was a show girl!

Stuck. In. My. Head.

Posted by: Granola Spice at November 5, 2004 11:15 AM

Yes I like the total lack of logic on the labeling. Look! Illiteration. Neat!

Posted by: Amy at November 5, 2004 11:15 AM

Thanks for the wonderful tour of the cactusworkstation. I am a fan of the toothbrush of the gross guy (or not).

I don't even remember how to play 20 questions. If it doesn't hurt, count me in. I don't want it to be like 52 pickup, or the "look you've spilled something on your shirt" game.

Yes, I'm paranoid about that stuff.

Posted by: Kimmer at November 5, 2004 11:16 AM

I'll Play 20 Questions. I Ask First....Whats The Deal With The Toothbrush/Toothpaste Story? Now Come On, You Knew That Once You Posted That, You Were Gonna Be Asked To Share The "Long Story" With Us All. So Fess Up!

Posted by: Dawn at November 5, 2004 11:32 AM

You better be leaving there soon. You work too much. Haul ass and start the weekend, man.

Posted by: Colby at November 5, 2004 11:39 AM

i want a neat office full of crap! haha! :)

Posted by: tiffanie at November 5, 2004 11:41 AM

heh...i was actually wondering why you hadn't posted yet. We're addicts, Chris, what can I say.

Posted by: laura at November 5, 2004 11:42 AM

when i switched jobs? and had to pack up my office? after 3 and a half years? i realized how much weird shit i'd collected. utter JUNK. of course, it's all in boxes (yes, boxeS) in our second bedroom now. bah.

Posted by: type a at November 5, 2004 11:55 AM

What Granola said.

Her name is Lola!
She is a laptop!
With a pretty monitor
That you cannot see from far

Evil bastard, you. Also, my desk? Looks very similar. But it must be EMPTY in 2 weeks. Ugh.

Posted by: Dawnie at November 5, 2004 12:15 PM

Oooh coolness! Thanks for the office tour. Plus you want to talk about lazy? I still have a wedding picture in my office that I need to be rid of! Thanks for reminding me. Also, your office looks like a model home compared to mine. At the moment, scary comes to mind, lol.

Posted by: charm at November 5, 2004 12:22 PM

You have a window! Wow! You are indeed a shooter.

I don't have a window. If I go out the office door, across the aisle, out the door again, then I can see daylight. Sometimes light comes in the windows near the ceiling but only because the paint has peeled. they paint over the windows. I'm not sure why.

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at November 5, 2004 12:36 PM

Lola Laptop, meet Tasha Toshiba.

;) Does your car have a name too? Mine does. lol

Hapificate your Friday! :) ha ha ha

Posted by: amy at November 5, 2004 1:29 PM

I like it, but I think it needs some pizazz. Some of your cool photos blown up and framed? A Rocket Lamp? Paul Frank paraphanaleia? More nasty guy toothbrushes?

Posted by: Shiz at November 5, 2004 2:28 PM

Toally off topic, Mr. Netflix. Try to rent "Corner Gas" season one. I don't think Netflix or most US video stores carry it yet, but they should, so hound them. It's dvd goodness. I easily found it on dvd up here.

Posted by: Shiz at November 5, 2004 3:51 PM

btw, our three Macs are: Clarice, Stella & Emily. It's a disease.

Posted by: Shiz at November 5, 2004 3:52 PM

I've got approximately the same furniture in my office. The other stuff is a little different.

Have a great weekend - and I hope it's away from the office.
Cas

Posted by: cassie-b at November 5, 2004 4:31 PM

Also want to hear the tooth paraphenalia guy story. And I haven't named my computers. But my car is named Angelina. The previous car was Delores. There were reasons behind that, really.

Posted by: Heather at November 5, 2004 5:49 PM

Looks flashy!

Posted by: JustAgirl at November 5, 2004 6:07 PM

Okay, now after the ABC's of your office I have only one question...

What is the story behind the toothbrush/toothpaste/gross dude?

I mean, you cannot send up that kind of comment and not give details.

Happy Friday Chris!

Posted by: Desiree' at November 5, 2004 6:13 PM

Okay, I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one who left cups of water sitting around...and now I am having a weird feeling...yes, I am missing my work desk. I really liked it. *sigh* and I? had a flat screen monitor...that I read a lot of blogs on...

Posted by: lady jane at November 5, 2004 6:22 PM

Nice vintage phone! I think I have the same make and model at work. They sure knew how to build 'em back them, huh? ;-)

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at November 5, 2004 7:17 PM

I love this idea...I may steal it from you.

Is that the stink phone??? Does it still stink???

Posted by: Amy at November 5, 2004 7:53 PM

Great tour! And I want to know the story behind the toothbrush and toothpaste - I think....

Posted by: etherian at November 5, 2004 11:09 PM

Hey. I got here via Smooch Dog.

Very interesting site. I especially like the fact that you are happily married with cats. I don't know why I find that humerous. Most guys don't admit to owning cats or pretend that they are the wife's cats.

Anyway, your office is nice. Kudos on the office.

sos

Posted by: SOSwryter at November 6, 2004 9:01 AM

I love it :)
I need to get off my ass and post a pict of my office.

Posted by: judy at November 6, 2004 11:04 AM

is your laptop a showgirl or a transvestite? inquiring minds want to know.

i should decorate my office, and then take pictures of it. it is a rather nice office but there is nothing in it of mine, except a bag of almonds.

Posted by: rachel at November 6, 2004 6:40 PM

I feel as though I know you just a little bit more now. Thanks for sharing! :)

Posted by: Jade at November 7, 2004 8:05 AM

Look at my version of Office Space.

Posted by: Amy at November 10, 2004 6:34 PM