November 16, 2004

Turds of a Feather...

I present to you the following conversation between two store employees at a local office supply place.

Dude One: The turds are totally awesome this year.
Dude Two: Yeah, man. The turds are excellent this year.
Dude One: Better than the turds last year.
Dude Two: You bet.
Dude One: Oh, and when they go hunting, they totally bust through walls and shit.
Dude Two: And they break out those bows and rifles? Kick ass.
Dude One: Yeah. Awesome turds this year

Is "turd" some new street lingo for something I know nothing about? Am I that old and out of touch? Otherwise, WTF?

Posted by Chris at November 16, 2004 7:25 AM
Comments

Try being my age and hearing things like chronic. Had no idea what that was. And how do you talk about it? I smoked some chronic? I had me some chronic? I chroniced some dope? Huh? Oh, and this chat language. Did you know

Posted by: wlfldy at November 16, 2004 7:53 AM

I've always felt that I was pretty up on today's lingo. But TURD? No, sorry haven't a clue and I don't think I want to know either! LOL

Posted by: Swt GA HunnyB at November 16, 2004 8:52 AM

Um, maybe they were actually saying "birds"? I mean, birds could be better this year. But I don't think birds go hunting. And I'm pretty sure they don't "bust through walls and shit" or break out bows and rifles. Hell, I don't know.

Posted by: Fraulein N at November 16, 2004 8:58 AM

LOL
I thought I heard all of the street lingo at work from the kids....apparently I've not heard it all!
Could it be chat lingo? I don't understand much of that either....
wow....
I must really be over the hill!
*shhh...don't tell beth cuz I'm 31...don't want her to trip on being over the hill...*
Maybe that's what a turd is? An old person?!

Posted by: Jade at November 16, 2004 9:22 AM

No idea myself either - is it possible this is related to some kick-ass computer game?! That's the only explanation I can think of...

Posted by: Anakalia at November 16, 2004 10:18 AM

I think, maybe, they might have been saying the "BIRDS" ... the Philadelphia Eagles played Monday night football last night and kicked a lot of ass... and they have the best stats right now. And everyone calls them 'The Birds' ... so... I dunno. Maybe?

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at November 16, 2004 10:23 AM

Or maybe that is their inside nickname for the birds. In any event, must have been interesting to listen to!

Posted by: Sabine at November 16, 2004 10:46 AM

LOL. I'm pretty sure it's a game. My son has a game for his gamecube with these things that look like little poopies that go to war.

Posted by: groovebunny at November 16, 2004 10:50 AM

Maybe it's like the "Meow Game" from the movie Super Toopers. They "play" just to get a reaction out of non-suspecting passersby. The Meow Game is fun, you should try that at your next all day meeting!

Posted by: Karen at November 16, 2004 10:54 AM

LOL, I have no idea, but people up comment have the right ideas. Take one and run with it. :)

Posted by: Kimmer at November 16, 2004 12:00 PM

Wow. I am old, because I have no idea. The kids these days and their lingo....what can ya do?

Posted by: Heather at November 16, 2004 12:26 PM

It's a game. Like Halo. Only darker and less linear.

Ok, I have no freaking idea either.

Posted by: sawni at November 16, 2004 12:41 PM

If they were talking about http://www.theturds.com (found it through Google) I am terribly afraid for the future.

Posted by: LOUP at November 16, 2004 12:44 PM

I'd go with the football reference. The Philadelphia Eagles beat the Cowboys Monday night.

Posted by: wendy at November 16, 2004 1:43 PM

Ok, wast kinda pokin' around and seein' what folks had to say about it, and I actually went to
I am afraid. Very afraid.
What is this world coming to?!
**Saddest part is I actually went.....**

Posted by: Jade at November 16, 2004 1:55 PM

That's just odd. And tis not an age thing, cuz I'm a youngun and I don't get it. Then again, I'm hopelessly out of touch.

Posted by: Heather at November 16, 2004 2:46 PM

I am SOOO not turd savvy...

Posted by: debby at November 16, 2004 3:04 PM

If you ever find out, please post the answer. :)

Posted by: Iki at November 16, 2004 3:08 PM

I am completely confused -- so I vote for WTF? Hehe! If you DO happen to find out, I'm dying to know. =D

Posted by: Jennie at November 16, 2004 4:05 PM

That's where urbandictionary.com comes in handy: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=turd&r=f :)

Posted by: Sweety at November 16, 2004 4:05 PM

were you in the bathroom at the office supply store?

Posted by: Granola Spice at November 16, 2004 4:19 PM

Man, that's disgusting!!

Posted by: JustAgirl at November 16, 2004 5:04 PM

WOULD YOU FREAKIN MENTION YOU COULD WIN THE DIARIST AWARDS WITH SUPPORT FROM YOUR READERS???

SHEESH!

Posted by: alektra at November 16, 2004 7:10 PM

I had no clue that animation had gone to the Turds! I think LOUP's theory is the correct one. The Turd website shows characters like Turdinator and Lord of the Rims. They look like they could bust through walls, break out rifles and generally tear some sh*t up.

Posted by: Bayou at November 16, 2004 7:42 PM

I believe "turd" is reference to "chicks." Can not stand these "dudes" and the fact that I have been using qoutes so much.

Wait what the hell? Turds going hunting? Am SO confused.

Posted by: Maureen at November 17, 2004 7:43 PM

Could they have been talking about the new south park video game that came out this year? I haven't seen it, but I heard there is a turd gun in it.

Posted by: Ryan at November 20, 2004 12:40 AM