December 10, 2004

iDAY

As I mentioned earlier today, I managed to take the day off (finally!). So what am I doing with the time? Well, duh, I'm playing with my iPod.

All this is complicated by the fact that I've got a bunch of stuff ripped to my computer in different formats...so those have to be converted. And I keep thinking of stuff I've got to have on the iPod...after which I sprint downstairs to grab a handful of CDs to rip. Then there's the fact that some of the imported stuff isn't labeled correctly and I'm super-anal about that. So, really, I might not be at work but I am kinda working.

Its a cold, rainy day here in Virginia and I'm thinking of a change of venue...namely the couch with a book. Its just that kinda day.

Posted by Chris at December 10, 2004 1:07 PM
Comments

Heat up some soup and have a grilled cheese sandwhich YO. Too bad you can have a mult-tray gimmick that allows you to rip more than one CD at a time!

Have a great weekend!

Posted by: Colby at December 10, 2004 1:24 PM

I would actually pay money to be allowed to go home and curl up on the couch with a book right now. Would you have a cup of hot chocolate for me?

Posted by: bad penguin at December 10, 2004 1:24 PM

eat the grilled cheese. I can't have bread or butter (or decent cheese) and that sounds GREAT.

Posted by: alektra at December 10, 2004 1:25 PM

Oooh a grilled cheese sandwhich sounds good! Must make one now. Well it looks like you're having a very productive day! Music is priority afterall. :)

Posted by: groovebunny at December 10, 2004 1:45 PM

It's also a cold, rainy day here in Vancouver, and I'm also taking the day off. Unfortunately, I have no iPod to play with.

Posted by: Mel at December 10, 2004 1:46 PM

Cold snowy day in Eastern Canada (good because that points to the fact that skiing will soon resume its rightful place in my life as the mini-addiction it really is).

On a listserve with some friends (ya, really I do get work done, sometimes) and got an email from a friend who is prone to offfice fun...thought it might help you out in *some way*

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spies@metacon.ca [mailto:owner-spies@metacon.ca] On Behalf Of ........
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 2:29 PM
To: spies@metacon.ca
Subject: [Spies] I dare ya...

Go ahead. Visit this site at work. I dare ya.

P.S. In fact, I double dog dare ya.

Posted by: wn at December 10, 2004 2:11 PM

Happy iPoding! I just got one on Sunday and have been spending all my free time coming up with various playlist as well as ripping my CD collection, though you have "a bit" more music than I do.

Posted by: wendy at December 10, 2004 2:21 PM

I wanna day off...I wanna day off...*sigh* Not fair! *pouts* I WANNA DAY OFF!!!

Posted by: Swt GA HunnyB at December 10, 2004 3:49 PM

Hey! I've been listening to Keane like non stop the past few days!!!! I love your taste in music... 'cause it's mine.

Glad you're making good use of your day off! Enjoy your weekend! Hopefully I'll get to catch up with you some next week :)

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at December 10, 2004 3:53 PM

I was so anal about annotations when I first got my iPod, too. Even so, for some reasons I have three Eric Clapton's listed, and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

It doesn't matter, though, after a while. I can find my three favorite bands on that list in the dark by now. :P

Posted by: Chrissy at December 10, 2004 3:59 PM

I'm sure it's a labor of love... or obsession. Happy ripping and reading!

Posted by: bmh at December 10, 2004 4:07 PM

So Keane is good? :) Just don't make the mistake of adding stuff on your iPod without making sure you have software on there that will let you add on music instead of replacing it.

Posted by: Carla at December 10, 2004 4:26 PM

has anyone told you that you've been nominated for oodles of Bob awards?

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at December 10, 2004 4:31 PM

what's this day off you speak of?

Posted by: judy at December 10, 2004 4:32 PM

it's a good day to take off...enjoy it!!

Posted by: miss macy at December 10, 2004 5:06 PM

83 degrees in sunny Los Angeles today. I am not Kidding. IT ROCKS! I want it like this ALL THE TIME. :)

Posted by: amy at December 10, 2004 5:58 PM

Oh yeah, you're working. Try not to get a blister. :-P

Posted by: Casey at December 10, 2004 6:04 PM

I want an ipod!!! And your taste in music is great! I love the soup and sanwich idea, my fav is tomato rice soup and a grill cheese sandwich yum! Oh, and I am SO jealous you were off today LOL

Posted by: Nina at December 10, 2004 8:48 PM

I had the day off too. And I ended up spending most of it doing work from home. But I did manage a little nap in the afternoon!

Posted by: martha at December 10, 2004 11:01 PM

Dude -- only 1691 songs? You? Come one now -- get ripping! I have nearly 15K ripped - and barely touched my Coltrane stash :-)

Forget about the book -- create a couple cool Cactus Heavy Rotation playlists -- and let's see what 'ya got! :-)

Posted by: Bob at December 11, 2004 8:04 AM

Hah! I have the Transatlanticism CD in my computer right now, too.

And Carla: Keane is good :)

Posted by: Anne at December 11, 2004 3:39 PM

that is *exactly* what I did when I got my iPod... the whole "organizing of the iTunes". All my songs had to have artists and albums associated with them... so I spent hours looking that shit up on Amazon... then hell... I wanted to assign them to a category - to make everything uniform.

I understand your pain - or rather... OCD.

Posted by: Snidget at December 12, 2004 10:56 AM

WOO! ITS SNOWING HERE, YO!

Am going to try and beg for the U2-edition iPod. Why? Ehh.. don't know.

Posted by: Maureen at December 12, 2004 1:50 PM

And of course, you're curling up with The Stupidest Angel, right? It's a wonderful book, I'm having such a good time reading it.

Posted by: wlfldy at December 13, 2004 8:03 AM