December 13, 2004

Its 9:44 And Monday Already Sucks

OR TWO REASONS WHY TODAY BITES

Reason One
I thought it was going to be a quiet day. I woke up this morning and muttered something like, maybe this will be the week it gets nice and quiet. Yeah. Not so much. Guess who's going to be on a client site all day? That would be me.

Reason Two
Through some technical glitch, a report that I basically have to have in at the end of every day didn't exactly get reported correctly. Everyone has to do it. I looked uber-negligent. So the Big Boss comes into my office this morning and shuts the door to have a little chat. Luckily I think he believed my side of the story and he's hoping to get to the bottom of it. Which I hope helps my side more than it hurts it. Then, as he was leaving, I thanked him and called him the wrong name. Sure, it was a matter of one consonant. But still. I feel like an idiot.

I'd love to crawl back into bed but I don't see that happening. No, I have to pull my shit together and try to seem somewhat competent the rest of the day. Wish me luck with that.

Posted by Chris at December 13, 2004 9:51 AM
Comments

Yes, definately wishing ya good luck!
In my experience, once the day starts out that way, it sorta tends to follow that same groove throughout.
With my job, however, I can look at customers and simply say "I'm sorry, I am new."
It works on about half of em, cuz the regulars know better....lol

Posted by: Jade at December 13, 2004 10:16 AM

Good luck. I stayed home today. Couldn't deal with the sudden change from the weekend.

And I hope that your boss isn't named "Rick" and you called him "Dick", because that never goes over very well, especially after getting yelled at by him.

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at December 13, 2004 10:25 AM

Damn, that is a bad start to the day. I have my fingers crossed for you and your reports. Just keep thinking to yourself: two more weeks, two more weeks... Vacation time is almost here!

Posted by: supine at December 13, 2004 10:55 AM

Hope your Monday gets better! I've had days like that too.
Just think - at least you're not doing 200 Christmas cards for the company!! (Yes, I'm STILL doing them. Gah!)

Posted by: Kitty at December 13, 2004 10:57 AM

If it's any consolation, I'd rather be you right now. 40 minutes until my final.

Wah!

Posted by: alektra at December 13, 2004 11:21 AM

Bummer of a morning! Hope the rest of the day gets better.

Posted by: bmh at December 13, 2004 11:23 AM

It's totally been one of those days for me too. In fact, it's been one of those weekends as well. I can't wait for some better luck! If I see some, I'll send it over your way!

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at December 13, 2004 11:51 AM

Yeah, good luck with that.......

I thought YOU were the boss?!?!? Where'd this dude come from?

Posted by: Julie at December 13, 2004 11:54 AM

The bad thing about being a guy, you can't blame any of that type of slippage on being premenstrual. Tearing up in your bosses office doesn't help either if you're a guy. Works if you're a girl though. Not that I've had to resort to those tactics...but just in case I'm always prepared. And our CEO's name is Mike. I called him Mick one time. And also choked on my food once while he was giving a speech. It hurts their feelings for a little bit, but they get over it. ;)

I hope you're day gets better!

Posted by: groovebunny at December 13, 2004 12:05 PM

I hope your day gets much, much better...

Posted by: Sabine at December 13, 2004 12:07 PM

ooh, those closed-door chats are awful. Especially when it isn't your fault, but you don't want to look like you are making excuses. I hope your day picks up.

Posted by: bad penguin at December 13, 2004 12:45 PM

Ouch...rough day for you! Sorry buddy! :(

Posted by: Swt GA HunnyB at December 13, 2004 12:47 PM

Okay - maybe it's really mean of me - but I'm just a little bit happy that you don't get to be the only person in the universe with a good Monday. I guess misery loves company.

Posted by: Em at December 13, 2004 1:45 PM

Sorry you're having a bummer of a day. I? Am in my pj's, watching old ER re-runs and drinking hot cocoa. Yes, I decided to call in "sick" today, and it feels so very good.

Posted by: H at December 13, 2004 2:20 PM

ugh, i totally know how you feel. sorry to hear it's been such a sucky day, chris. hang in there... it's bound to get better! my suggestion? a nice, hot, Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks. if you like that kinda thing, that is. it worked for me. =)

Posted by: Judy at December 13, 2004 2:52 PM

Good luck with that

Posted by: AyEnDeeAreEeAyAitch at December 13, 2004 3:16 PM

OUCH... what a sucky start to your day. :(

I don't have any blindingly bright words of wisdom to ease your pain... just hang in there.

Posted by: Lachlan at December 13, 2004 3:49 PM

Wow. Buddy, that sucks! Hope you've had a better day!

Posted by: zanie at December 13, 2004 4:32 PM

dude - LUCK! LUCK! I think you need a luckdragon. See? doesn't that make you feel happy, just thinking about a luckdragon?

Posted by: samantha at December 13, 2004 4:37 PM

Good luck, Kimosabeee.

Posted by: Scarlett Cyn at December 13, 2004 5:32 PM

Yep, it was a "Do Over" day for sure! Me too. Remember when you were a kid, and you could call a "Do Over?"

Posted by: Gypsy at December 14, 2004 12:12 AM