January 10, 2005

Got Superhero?

Just because I'm curious, lets say you could pick your own superpower alter-ego. Who'd you be and what kinda power would you have?

Me? I'd be ChronoCactus...or something. I'd stop time and fix stuff. But I couldn't go back in time because that would screw with the continuum and we'd end up with George Bush as president and...oh...crap!

Posted by Chris at January 10, 2005 5:27 PM
Comments

I'm gonna have to stick with being able to fly. Altough I don't think the 'Fresh Baked Flier' isn't such a great name when it sounds like something you'd find on your doorstep.

Posted by: bmh at January 10, 2005 5:36 PM

SuperSingleMom, able to leap tall piles of laundry with a single bound, the ability to fix all hurts both big and small, and able to make so much money SuperGirl and I can go wherever we want :-)

Posted by: Nina at January 10, 2005 5:38 PM

I would be "superlibra!" I would fly around and balance out everyones life and make them giggle!

Posted by: soniclibra at January 10, 2005 5:46 PM

it's gotta be flying. i figure, if i'm in control, maybe i wouldn't be so damn scared.

Posted by: laura at January 10, 2005 5:55 PM

Supa-Nerd. I'll argue philosophy with the bad guys until they die of boredom.

OH--and just a thought...I understand your frustration with not having your candidate elected. BUT try this on for size, I have NEVER IN MY LIFE seen my candidate make it to office. And just to add insult to my injury, I will probably never in my life see my candidate get elected. Wow, I must be totally out of my mind. Oh well, supa-nerds are known for supa-insanity. ;-)

Posted by: Ginny at January 10, 2005 5:56 PM

Ummm.... Alektra? Because that whole name for my site is based on a comic book theme I came up with ten years ago and need to keep going...

Ask if you want, though I'm not posting to the internet, with copyright problems and all. Yes, I know I'm high on this idea. ;)

Posted by: alektra at January 10, 2005 5:59 PM

I'd like to be able to turn myself into sound waves. Because then I'd be able to travel fairly quickly, but I also just think it would be cool. I could annoy the hell out of everyone!

Posted by: Kerry at January 10, 2005 6:32 PM

I'd have to be InvisoMan! I would be able to render myself completely invisible. Then I could go anywhere and see all the sneaky little secrets going on in our government.

And I could hide in the women's shower at the gym.

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at January 10, 2005 6:33 PM

Believe it or not I've given this some thought. :D I'd be The Green Pea. Villians would fear me. Oh yes they would.

Posted by: patricia at January 10, 2005 6:35 PM

Mega Mom. I would like to solve all the kid's problems.

Posted by: cassie-b at January 10, 2005 6:40 PM

I would be Sooth-o-later Smooth-o-later Smoochdog. I would be able to easy angst, anxisety and agastness everywhere!

Posted by: Michelle at January 10, 2005 7:16 PM

I'd be Traffic Girl - at the flick of my finger I could make traffic disappear, both highway and internet.

(can you tell I just went food shopping and spent 25 minutes in the car for what should have been only 5, then came home to a super slow internet connection??)

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at January 10, 2005 7:23 PM

I'd be the poutin-ator. My superpower would being able to sling poutine at rush hour idiots. Screw solving world problems I just wanna unless poutine hell on the world And Fire poutine from like a super soaker gun or paint ball gun. Hahahahaha Yeah baby, take a double barrel of poutine you cell phone jibbering tail gating non signaling idiots. My costume would be a Giant Styro-foam cup that would cover my body and my get away car would be a chip wagon. Maybe monster garage it with a fifty caliber poutine gun turret on top

Posted by: shaners at January 10, 2005 7:46 PM

A great question.

The cash strapped 25 year old in me answer: I can make money out of rocks.

The travel enthusiast in me answer: To fly and be able to fly anywhere.

The part of me that is sick of the gym answer: Muscle growth with no work.

And the 12 year old boy in me answer: X-Ray vision baby!

Posted by: smartjuice at January 10, 2005 7:48 PM

I'd be Karma. I'd be able to see what each person's karma was, for good or for bad, and then could bring about karmic justice while those they helped or those they hurt looked on.

Posted by: Casey at January 10, 2005 10:21 PM

My superhero name is Jessica Fantastica. My super power is invisibility. And some sort of super spelling ability. I am also able to make everything fantastic. Such as: Dunkin' Donuts forgot to sprinkle your donut with sprinkles with sprinkles. If I were there to make everything fanstastic, you would suddenly (FANTASTICALLY!) have sprinkles placed perfectly upon your pastry. And it would seem like magic. Because it is. Fantastica magica. Ok. So just think of all the naughty fun I could have if I were invisible. What would you do if you were invisible?

Posted by: jessica at January 10, 2005 10:27 PM

Can I be Miss Ann Thrope and make people disappear?

Posted by: LOUP at January 10, 2005 10:45 PM

My SuperHero name would be "HappyyyyyyAna"!!! *with at Big PINK Cape with a yello happy face on it! bahahaaaaaaa
I would show up when people get sad, upset or angry...
I'd show up and say, "Never fear, Happy Ana's HERE!!!" And in a blink of my eyes,
I would make everyone around me Happy.... instantly!
It's amazing how much smoother things and this world would flow if everyone was JUST HAPPY.
Ya know???
***giggles****

*sigh*
I'll keep dreaming...
Good Question Chris....

Posted by: La Bella at January 10, 2005 11:50 PM

I'm gonna be greedy and say I want invisibility and flying ability. Also that laser thingy that comes out of my fingers and makes magical things happen.

I guess I'd be "Sneaky Flower Girl" because I'd totally sneak up on people, spy, and rob banks. Damn the man!! I'm taking down the administration!!

Posted by: Gweny at January 11, 2005 1:10 AM

They would call me "The Munificent Gorp"
As for my power... that would be for me to know and you to find out.

Posted by: sawni at January 11, 2005 1:43 AM

etherian - ethereal; nothing and everything, not alive and alive, human and not human.

Posted by: etherian at January 11, 2005 3:49 AM

Mine is VERY simple- I would just like to get the SAME amount of satisfaction and rest from 1 hour of sleep as I would eight hours.

Posted by: Zoot at January 11, 2005 6:16 AM

I'm with Zoot... to be able to be a fully functional and sane person on only an hour's sleep.

Posted by: amber at January 11, 2005 9:23 AM

I'd be Jenorama, and in a stunning move of unoriginality, I would also be flying.

Posted by: jenorama at January 11, 2005 9:31 AM

I'd be Healing Kitty - I'd be able to heal anyone or anything (i.e. a broken-down car) with one touch.
Course, now that I think about it, that would mess with natural selection and our planet would become overpopulated. Damn. A superpower with consequences...

Posted by: Kitty at January 11, 2005 10:19 AM

The Orgasmatron!!! I would want the power to give anyone an orgasm, in any place, at any time. Seriously - think about it. If you're having an orgasm, it's a bit difficult to do anything else. It also puts you in an extremely good mood. So, Osama Bin Laden, George Bush, Pol Pot - had they been given continuous simultaneous orgasms would not have been able to murder 1000s of people. Though of course I would only en-act my powers if I didn't have to witness the effects. Obviously.

Posted by: Anakalia at January 11, 2005 10:39 AM

I'd be Bond Girl... Jenorama and I have the same powers of originality it appears... and I'd have the ability to detect a lie and immediately ascertain the truth.

Posted by: Bond Girl at January 11, 2005 11:19 AM

I'd want to be able to do magic. Then I could fly, or shapeshift or send bad guys sailing accross the room. I want it all!

Posted by: bad penguin at January 11, 2005 1:50 PM

I have absolutely no idea. However, the Girl frequently says that she's a superhero. Her superhero name is SuperLilli and her superpower is being able to do things by herself. Amazing how simple your superpower is when you're four.

Posted by: Kelley at January 11, 2005 6:36 PM

I would be The Time Manipulator. With a simple wave of my hand I would be able to make the minutes fly by during boring meetings and lectures and slow it down to allow for more family and blogging time.

Posted by: Wendy at January 12, 2005 11:43 PM

this is interesting. i always said the best superhero power ever was shadowcat, who could go through things and things could go through her. rock.

i'd guess my superhero alter-ego would be The Puliqueen(TM), with some phoenix-like insignia, who'd be able to get all mystique-like and become anyone, AND do the shadowcat thing, AND, um, bake a perfect loaf of bread.

Posted by: alanna at January 13, 2005 6:35 PM

oh, and flying! i'd be able to fly.

wow, Puliqueen kicks ass.

Posted by: alanna at January 13, 2005 6:36 PM