January 15, 2005

Our Pad

We're prepping to have parents and in-laws and other assorted family in this evening...so the place is clean! What better time to snap a few pictures? Of course, that's not to imply its filthy all the time. We're pretty neat (as in clean) people. Hopefully we're neat in the other way too...

Posted by Chris at January 15, 2005 12:28 PM
Comments

Ooooooo I love house pictures, very nice :)

I thought you lived in New York though, it doesn't look like all those rooms would fit in a shoebox.

Maybe I imagined the New York thing.

Posted by: jen at January 15, 2005 12:33 PM

What a gorgeous apartment. I've been thinking of "sprucing up" our tiny little ass-crack of an apartment, so seeing others' homes is helpful. :)

Who did the decorating, you or your wife? Or was it a joint effort?

Posted by: Spring at January 15, 2005 12:58 PM

Very nice! We have the same tastes in furniture and decor...only my house is a wreck usually.

Posted by: JuJuBee at January 15, 2005 1:07 PM

You guys have a kick ass house. My favorite (besides the yummy guitars) is the area rug in the top pics. My rugrat and dog would see to it that it was trashed in no time though, so you won't have to worry about me sneaking in your place in the middle of the night to steal it ;) As always, great pics & thanks for sharing.

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at January 15, 2005 1:21 PM

Loving the guitars! Nice place Chris!

Posted by: Stacey at January 15, 2005 1:45 PM

Loving the pics! I wish my house looked that nice and neat. I want the bookshelf!

It just doesn't happen around here, I am lucky if it stays clean 20 minutes ;)

Posted by: chrissie at January 15, 2005 1:59 PM

Nice place! You guys have great taste! The color combos and textures used is wonderful. And it's so clean! Sheesh. I can work on my house every day, make it look like that and it would only last about ten minutes. This is why I clean at night when the kids are in bed. I can enjoy the clean house for a good couple of hours that way! ;-)

Posted by: Jade at January 15, 2005 2:23 PM

i'll add to everyone else's sentiments and agree that you have a very nice house. looking for roommates? :D

Posted by: beck at January 15, 2005 2:50 PM

I like the red room and all the bookshelves! Very unique color. Good luck with the Parental Visits.

Posted by: supine at January 15, 2005 3:10 PM

Lovely! Is it my imagination or are houses/flats bigger in the USA? From the design programmes we see here they seem enormous. Maybe it's just because mine is so tiny!

Posted by: Annie at January 15, 2005 3:16 PM

Aw! Very nice, Chris! Your bed . . . Ikea? It looks IDENTICAL to the one I've been drooling over and plan to order. =P

Posted by: Jennie at January 15, 2005 3:29 PM

Can I come live there when you guys move? It's SO AWESOME!

Posted by: alektra at January 15, 2005 3:46 PM

Hey you guys should hire yourselves out as interior decorators for the cool set, that is a wonderfully put together place!

Posted by: Nina at January 15, 2005 5:33 PM

Dammit! What is that, magazine pics stolen from Better Homes and Gardens? J/K it looks lovely.
:-)

Posted by: Ginny at January 15, 2005 8:29 PM

Nice pad dude! Looks like something out of a catalog! Very nice!

Posted by: dewnut at January 15, 2005 9:26 PM

Nice! Finally, more people who are not knick knack people. I like the look you've got going.

Posted by: bond girl at January 15, 2005 10:04 PM

What a nice place!

Posted by: :: jozjozjoz :: at January 15, 2005 10:04 PM

You have a lovely home. :)

Posted by: Heather at January 15, 2005 10:29 PM

Also, yeah, is that the Hemnes bed? Sure looks like it. And do either of ya actually play piano? Cuz if not I might have to hate you just a little bit...I wish I could fit a piano in here.

Posted by: Heather at January 15, 2005 10:31 PM

Nice place, Chris! I especially like the kitchen!

Posted by: Joe at January 15, 2005 11:04 PM

i LOVE your house. and i am very jealous. i want a grown up house. i have a super small apartment that, although it feels like home, is kind of cluttered (lack of space) and not what i want. i'mi super jealous.

and drunk. but that is neither here nor there.

Posted by: tiffanie at January 15, 2005 11:56 PM

Very Puuurty Chris and Beth! Add me to the list of fans of your home.

I've got a shelf almost identical to the one next to your piano. Heh. Glad someone else besides me has lots of different colors and textures in their home. I'm with Joe about the kitchen too. LOVE THAT KITCHEN MAN. It makes me wanna...... cook.

Have a great visit with the family!

PS: Am still drooling over the Persian carpet in the top pics........

Posted by: Scarlett Cyn at January 16, 2005 4:35 AM

Nice place, Chris! Wish my house looked that stylish and neat. I still have the eclectic college trash funiture.

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at January 16, 2005 7:28 AM

Am I the only one that is now weirded out after having seen your bedroom? I mean, after reading about baby-making and now I see where those attempts are made. Whew.

Posted by: Kera at January 16, 2005 11:37 AM

Sweet pad. And I FINALLY get to see a pic of your guitar. Cool stuff. Hope you all had fun!

Posted by: Colby at January 16, 2005 12:12 PM

It's official, you guys are way too cool.

Posted by: Chepooka at January 16, 2005 4:54 PM

There is something missing, I just can't put my finger on it............hummmmmm, what is it??? I KNOW!!!!!!! I need to send my 6 kids to help you decorate!!!!!!!!! LOL j/k, it's the most beautiful pad I've ever seen!

Posted by: Lori at January 16, 2005 5:01 PM

Can you post pictures today, of the aftermath?

Today, we had friends over who said, "Wow, I don't feel so bad about the state of my house now."

That is about right.

Posted by: jenorama at January 16, 2005 5:30 PM

Um, can we say envy! I live in the first floor of a hewge Victorian overlooking the Hudson. While the view is great (in the winter), living in old, drafty, plaster apartments with old minisule kitchens for over 5 years is starting to get to me. You just confirmed it. I need a grown up place with NEW stuff. I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN!!

Posted by: bd at January 16, 2005 8:11 PM

You have a fine home.

Posted by: Jim at January 16, 2005 8:47 PM

I just read a few of the above (raving) comments, but they're all true. Good colors, good design. I like understatement and simplicity...nice furniture without being over the top. No unnecessary clutter (well, except for maybe what you picked up in order to prepare for the picture-taking!).

I like the pics on the last post too, of the Rude Cactus wearing the actual shirt. Yes, it was about time!

Posted by: Zandria at January 16, 2005 10:13 PM

What a beautiful home. I love your color choices. And....we have the same dresser in our room. Good taste!!!

Posted by: Nicole at January 16, 2005 10:52 PM

I am loving your sheer red curtains. Very nice. Good decorating!

Posted by: Brittany at January 17, 2005 2:34 AM

I love the house pictures! It's exactly as I thought it would be! You and Beth definetly have a distinct decorating style. I think I'll call it funky-clean-lined-colourful, with a touch of traditional added in for flavour.

PS - LOVE the fresh flowers

Posted by: wn at January 17, 2005 8:27 AM

What a lovely looking house you guys have! I'm particularly envious of your kitchen. It's so clean and bright looking. Mine is old and dark.

Posted by: bad penguin at January 17, 2005 10:13 AM

You have a great looking house. :)

Posted by: Carla at January 17, 2005 2:02 PM

I LOVE your house & decoration! Thanks for sharing the pics :) How many guitars do you have? Do you play on all of them?

Posted by: Sweety at January 17, 2005 2:03 PM

AaaHH! LOOOOOOOOOVE your house! am. so. jealous!

Posted by: Michelle at January 17, 2005 3:50 PM

god you put my house to shame.

Posted by: laura at January 17, 2005 7:43 PM

yeah, fun random pictures. your house looks great!

Posted by: becky at January 17, 2005 11:25 PM

Wow! Your place is downright nifty! I'm jealous.

Posted by: Gweny at January 18, 2005 4:03 AM