January 25, 2005

Pages

Prior to Sunday, we had two rooms almost solely dedicated to book storage. In one corner, "the blue room" with four bookshelves full of books. In the other corner? "The red room" which contains the other four shelves of books. Hi. Read much? On Sunday, we cleared out what will soon become the nursery (for future reference this was "the blue room").

For the record, carrying books and bookcases down two flights of stairs? Not fun, not that I'm complaining. Backbreaking stuff, this nursery-making. Although I still prefer it over the carrying of the child for nine months.

Posted by Chris at January 25, 2005 4:46 PM
Comments

Y'all can send some books my way.

Or maybe you should just sign up for bookcrossing.com and set a few of them free.

I admit, I don't feel so bad about the volumes of books stacked on my bookcases anymore. Library, schnibrary.

Posted by: jenorama at January 25, 2005 4:49 PM

Your books look like they were in the same room that Paris Hilton's sex video was filmed - scary!

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at January 25, 2005 5:11 PM

WUUUUUSSSSSSSSS.

Posted by: Dawnie at January 25, 2005 5:33 PM

I found out I was pregnant when I was 7 months pregnant (long story, I think I posted about it once) and had to make a nursery overnight just about! I moved A LOT of things around, so my hat's off to you!

Posted by: Nina at January 25, 2005 5:48 PM

I think I'd rather move books than be pregnant again! Being pregnant is hard work!

Posted by: Em at January 25, 2005 6:09 PM

I think you should start a book swap where we send each other our gently-read paperbacks.

Posted by: kalisah at January 25, 2005 6:20 PM

You mean the kid doesn't want to sleep in a library? C'mon-- with a genetic coupling like its gonna have?

Posted by: bluepoppy at January 25, 2005 6:39 PM

i love my books, so much so that i won't lend them out. i have boxes and boxes of books in my basement, office and closets. i even have boxes full at my grandmother's house (hey, maybe Cam will want to read the Black Stallion series some day?!?!)
i get so connected to the stories that i have a hard time letting go of the books. so bravo to you for keeping all those and moving them with care. the love of reading is one of the best gifts you can give your child. actually reading is something you won't get to do for awhile after mini-mrcactus arrives (or mini-missfish). =)

Posted by: monique at January 25, 2005 8:00 PM

You guys ever hear of a library?

Posted by: Kera at January 25, 2005 8:13 PM

What in heavens name did you do with them? You kept them, right?

Posted by: Casey at January 25, 2005 10:00 PM

Yikes, that photo looks like it was taken with night goggles. Very "Blair Witch"-esque!

Posted by: supine at January 25, 2005 11:06 PM

HAHAHA!
"...Although I still prefer it over the carrying of the child for nine months."
Coward!!!

j/k!
*teheheeeeeeee*

Posted by: La-Bella at January 25, 2005 11:13 PM

Did you move the books into the other book room or break down and donate them somewhere? Good job getting it done, it's certainly for a great cause.

Posted by: Nicole at January 26, 2005 12:43 AM

I know pregnancy is supposed to be *magical*, me being a female and all, but I can't blame you for wanting to carry books down stairs once vs. having do to all the child-bearing. I would call you a wuss, but I have yet to have kids and I'm a wuss myself. =P

Posted by: Jennie at January 26, 2005 3:16 AM

Imagine, a short time of carrying books down the stairs vs. Beth climbing up and down the stairs somewhere near 7,8,9 months pregnant carrying a lot of weight and not being able to 'set it down' for a min and rest! LOL I don't blame you, and my heart goes out to her. At least I didn't have to climb stairs. We don't build "up" here in Az. Too hot up there! lol

Posted by: Jade at January 26, 2005 9:36 AM

To be honest, I'd rather do the whole nine month, I feel like a whale, my boobs won't stop leaking, how come I'm always peeing, my back feels like it's going to rip in two than decorate one more nursery.

Seriously.

Posted by: Stacey at January 26, 2005 10:38 AM

Sounds like our bookcases.

Posted by: Kelley at January 26, 2005 12:13 PM

I have always had hundreds of books, I love to read and love books. When in the Military I would always live on the top floor of any apartment complex I lived in and followed suit when I left the army.

Every flippin time I moved I would keep saying how I would get rid of some books but never did get rid of any. Then I found ebay! Man there are a lot of suckers out there!

;->