January 7, 2005

Stupid Factor

Rarely do I talk about silly news stories but here's a good one for your Friday:

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A viewer is suing NBC for $2.5 million, contending that he threw up because of a "Fear Factor" episode in which contestants ate rats mixed in a blender...
CNN.com

The intrepid viewer, Austin Aitken continued by expressing his love of the show and his frequent viewership however he stated that perhaps eating rats was crossing some sort of line. The best part? His lawsuit was handwritten. And as you know, all good legal documents are done by hand. Mr. Aitken - you've stared stupidity in the eye and clearly intelligence is not a factor for you!

In other news...ITS FRIDAY!! Rejoice, hither and yon, for it is almost the weekend! Any good plans?

P.S. Yes, I'm aware that this was a very lame entry. But its Friday, I'm really somewhat braindead. I'm tired. And I don't have a hell of a lot to do today. So, cut me some slack?

Posted by Chris at January 7, 2005 10:12 AM
Comments

RC...REJOICE! the Cheapest Man on the Plant (shoud have his own TM)...otherwise known as MD...thought your idea for swag was SO GOOD...he actually pressured me into purchasing an item! See, it's a great day...this a major breakthrough!

Posted by: wn at January 7, 2005 10:17 AM

Some people.... really never cease to amaze me.

And Friday, ahhhh beautiful Friday! How I've missed a good Friday without holiday shopping!

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at January 7, 2005 10:21 AM

Eating rats was crossing the line? As opposed to pushing your face into a vat of maggots to get out cow hearts? With your mouth? What a moron. *feh*

Posted by: Lauren at January 7, 2005 10:28 AM

Oh wouldn't it be funny if NBC made HIM give THEM money for wasting their time? LOL

Happy TGIF!!!

Posted by: Swt GA HunnyB at January 7, 2005 10:32 AM

I heard about this on Leno (because sadly enough that's where I get most of my news) and he commented that the guy must have one of those TVs without an off button.

Posted by: Heather at January 7, 2005 10:34 AM

Ha! That's nothing!
Did you hear about the lady who's trying to sue AMEX b/c they gave her a $90,000 (or something like that) credit line and it's "their fault" that she went on a huge shopping spree and maxed her card and now she wants them to foot the bill?! She said since they gave her the credit line that she felt compelled to spend it all but it's not her fault b/c she's got OCD, PMS, depression, PMDD, and all sorts of other psycho problems that kept her from controlling herself.

Yeah, good luck with that lady. I'm sure they'll pay for your entire bill b/c you're a stupid woman who can't control your spending. Right.

Posted by: Kitty at January 7, 2005 10:36 AM

Wow, people really can sue for anything these days. Does that mean that my plan of wearing rollerskates to the mall and going down a flight of stairs, then suing the mall because they didn't warn me that I could get hurt that way, thus making me enough money to retire at 26 will actually work? Man I hope so, because that's the only plan I've got.

Posted by: Kerry at January 7, 2005 10:37 AM

I don't get the whole Fear Factor thing. Heck, I don't even get the whole reality TV thing, but that's just me being stubborn. I love well-scripted banter, like Gilmore Girls or even West Wing.

Posted by: Princess at January 7, 2005 10:39 AM

The cutting of some slack?! This shall NOT be permitted. Consequently I demand that you post something of a much higher standard.

Only kidding! Well done for making it through the week avec trop de meetings and have a well-deserved rest this weekend! :) x

Posted by: Anakalia at January 7, 2005 10:47 AM

things people do ... have a great week end chris :) thank god it's friday :)

Posted by: Rosie at January 7, 2005 11:18 AM

LMAO the crazies of the world never cease to amaze me! I get *grossed* out by that show, but thats what the remote is for, change the damn channel moron.

In other news Happy Friday :)

Posted by: chrissie at January 7, 2005 11:18 AM

this has been the *longest* week... has it not? First week back after the holidays... I'm dragging bad. Need my weekend!

Posted by: Snidget at January 7, 2005 11:50 AM

With that in mind, can I sue American Idol because it makes my ears hurt? Part of the lawsuit will focus on their responsibility for unleashing Clay Aiken into the world. You guys think I have a shot?

As for Friday, my workload is tremendous. RC, you want some more stuff to do today? I'll glady pass some along.

Posted by: smartjuice at January 7, 2005 11:50 AM

Note: This post was *SO* boring that it made me fall asleep at my desk. Watch your ass, Cactus-- I'm getting out my sharpie and I'm gonna sue you for this!

Posted by: bmh at January 7, 2005 11:53 AM

You know, Fear Factor DOES make me want to vomit, but I've come up with this fabulous plan to deal with said desire to vomit: I don't watch it. Crazy, I know. People are total asshats. Happy Friday!

Posted by: Heather at January 7, 2005 11:55 AM

Handrwritten? Was it notarized too?

Posted by: Queen of Ass at January 7, 2005 12:06 PM

My favorite part, is the part where NBC FORCED him to watch EVERY SECOND of it NOT allowing him to TURN OFF the TV. Wait? They didnt do that? Oh...

Posted by: Zoot at January 7, 2005 12:18 PM

So can I now sue Dr. Phil for being a moronic asshat?

COOL!

Posted by: sledge at January 7, 2005 1:22 PM

Has anybody ever thought of "turning off the t.v."
Or, how about this one "change the channel" ?
What in the heck is the world coming to??
However, yes! It's friday! Time to take down the christmas decorations...
Any one want to help?

Posted by: Jade at January 7, 2005 2:21 PM

I just heard about this!

Um, if you have a weak stomach? Don't watch Fear Factor.

What a douche.

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at January 7, 2005 2:44 PM

what is he talking about?? eating mixed rats' parts is the high point of my day!

Posted by: Maureen at January 7, 2005 5:50 PM

You know there really should be some kind of common sense test that is givin to people before they are allowed to have certain things....like cable TV..or just TV full stop...and don't even get me started on what people should have to go to before they are even considered for ability to be on the internet....sometimes we should just beable to pat them on the head and assure them that living in the dark ages is soooo much better...and then give them a couple of sticks to play with....wow when did this comment get so long?

Posted by: Casey at January 7, 2005 7:32 PM

oh my fucking gawd! is this an emotional distress thing or a stomach lining thing?

Where do these idiots come from? And it just goes to show, Texas blue laws have it right...The he needed killin' defense is something I wholeheartedly support!

Posted by: ASB at January 8, 2005 12:47 PM