January 31, 2005

Yawn

I tried to leave work early because of the feeling like the crap...but somehow that never quite panned out. I had to talk to people, lead meetings, act vaguely competent. Then I had to construct elaborate budgets and estimates for future work. All that crap I did with numbers? Let me tell ya what a house of cards that is! Then try telling someone that fourteen is eight. Really. Fourteen. Is eight. It made complete sense and was entirely logical in the context of aforementioned house of cards. But walking someone though that when you barely understand it yourself makes for a nice big headache.

Anyway, despite my best intentions, I ended up there just as long as I always do. And I've got a big meeting first thing in the morning so there's no rest for the weary or wicked or whatever. If you have extra healthy, good sleep vibes, could you send me some? I needs me some of those.

Cactus, out!

Posted by Chris at January 31, 2005 6:08 PM
Comments

Oh no, I hope you aren't getting what I have, which is The Flu. I just spent an entire nine-hour sick day at my desk at home, working so freakin' hard that I didn't even read any blogs. What the hell kind of sick day is that?? Hope you feel better...

Posted by: mc at January 31, 2005 6:14 PM

Feel better, hun! I think everyone is sick! They said that we are on the verge of a "flu epidemic" in Houston. Lovely.

Get some rest and feel better!

Posted by: Em at January 31, 2005 6:25 PM

Feel better Chris! Vibes headed your way....now :)

Posted by: Sue at January 31, 2005 7:06 PM

Being finally all caught up on my own sleep and good vibrations, I happily send a bunch your way! Feel better!

Posted by: amy at January 31, 2005 7:28 PM

Sounds like your Monday really turned out to be a Monday. Sorry and I hope you feel better.

Posted by: groovebunny at January 31, 2005 7:32 PM

Wish I could send you feel better vibes, however I am barely over pneumoina here. However, I can send you sleep vibes, I fall asleep real easy lately! So sleep well Chris!

Posted by: Nina at January 31, 2005 7:43 PM

I'm almost caught up on my sleep, so I think I can spare some for you.

Some! I said some! Don't go hogging it all.

Posted by: bmh at January 31, 2005 8:12 PM

You should be in bed RIGHT NOW. Seriously. Nothing is better for the body and psyche than 10+ hours of sleep on a weeknight.

I am sending happy, dreamy sleep vibes your way!

Posted by: Mirella at January 31, 2005 8:13 PM

Hopefully you don't dream about my husband throwing frozen milk at you again - that would keep even me up at night!

Good luck tomorrow & tonight :)

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at January 31, 2005 8:15 PM

Cactus out? Please don't say that because it sounds like Brian Seacrest who ended up being an abysmal failure and general dork. Don't be like that. Please.

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at January 31, 2005 10:44 PM

What are your symptoms, besides "feeling like crap"?

Posted by: ann marie at February 1, 2005 12:27 AM

You should totally stay home tomorrow!! But I know you won't.

Posted by: DeAnn at February 1, 2005 2:37 AM

I have a joke to maybe cheer you up. What's the difference between a 9-months pregnant woman and a Playboy centerfold?

Nothing if you know what's good for you.

Hope it brought a smile!

Posted by: That Girl at February 1, 2005 4:54 AM

Awww, I hope you feel better. Rest, though, is critical. Get some. Your body can't heal without it, OR ... it will heal veeeeeery, veeeeeeery slowly.

Sometimes, there is no rest for the wicked, weary, whatever, I know that story ... I just tell myself "just get through it ... things will be better very soon." So it goes with life. :)

Posted by: Chepooka at February 1, 2005 8:18 PM