February 17, 2005

Thirty Four-Part Harmony

For the past week and a half, I've been busy. And I mean really busy. I'm pretty sure that, any minute now, my coworkers are going to walk by my office and find me in the corner rocking back and forth muttering showtunes or, if I knew it by heart, Alice's Restaurant in its entirety (funny story - I do actually know a guy who can recite the whole thing...its kind of an idiot-savant type of thing). I know I'm totally jinxing it, but I think the worst is over...at least for the time being.

Anyway, you haven't had my complete attention and for that I apologize. But yesterday, you guys blew me away as you always do. By my count, there were 34 guest posts. Sheesh. That's amazing! And even for those of you who didn't post, you still keep coming even though it might have been ages since I visited you.

I have the most amazing readers in the world. And I'm sorry to those of you who thought you did. I'm sure they're great and all but mine are the bestest.

Posted by Chris at February 17, 2005 7:52 AM
Comments

Funny you should mention "Alice's Restaurant", we listened to it twice over the weekend. It is so hilarious in it simplicity.

Posted by: Swt GA Hunny Bee at February 17, 2005 8:51 AM

Well, given that you've used the ultimate word "bestest" it must be so!
I had fun reading the guest blogs! Good job everyone.

Posted by: wn at February 17, 2005 9:04 AM

Aw shucks. I am the bestest! Oh wait. You used the plural. Okay, well sure. We are the bestest. Go us. You're okay too, I suppose. :D

In other news: I didn't post this time but I did want to extend a thank you to you for allowing people the opportunity to share your space. It's nice to get a glimpse of so many different people.

Posted by: Patricia at February 17, 2005 9:25 AM

I heard "Alice's Restaurant" for the first time last year during Thanksgiving. J and I were driving up to his parents property and it came on the radio. I didn't get it at first but J explained it to me and then we listened. It's pretty funny!

Hope the last 2 days of your week go by fast. Thanks for the opportunity to guest blog, though all I did was draw a cartoon. ;)

Posted by: Kitty at February 17, 2005 10:49 AM

I can't do "Alice's Restaurant," but I can do "One Week." Vive la Barenakeds.

Posted by: QC at February 17, 2005 10:54 AM

Bitch, don't make me throw down with you about the readers. Cuz I'll cut you UP.

(I keed! I keed! Easy, everyone.)

Posted by: Broad at February 17, 2005 11:49 AM

Shall I bring you the bunny slippers and the bathrobe? You can't be crazy without those.

Posted by: Coleen at February 17, 2005 11:52 AM

Well, I kind of suck because I didn't get to post. But if your readers are the bestest, it's because you are too. :-)

Posted by: Fraulein N at February 17, 2005 12:57 PM

Love Alice's Restaurant. And, of course, you have the bestest readers because you're one of the bestest bloggers.

Posted by: Kelley at February 17, 2005 1:16 PM

No best reader here. I simply look out for cool pics! Ha Ha. Silly ol' me.
Seriously, just been waiting for my chance to guest blog. I will leave quietly now.

Posted by: Jade at February 17, 2005 1:43 PM

No prob, bob. You're too hard on yourself. I don't know how you could possibly keep up with so many blogs.

Either way, I think I can safely speak for all of us when I say "We Love Cactus!" Yay!!

Hope things slow down before we find you muttering to yourself in the fetal position.

Posted by: Gweny at February 17, 2005 2:32 PM

Six degrees of separation: my mother-in-law was in the "Alice's Restaurant" movie. I win today's Most Meaningless Claim To Fame Award.

Posted by: Jason at February 17, 2005 4:08 PM

I love Alice's Restaurant. It makes me happy.

Posted by: Casey at February 18, 2005 12:30 PM