February 18, 2005

Two Words

Two words, used independently of one another are fine...but used together in the correct sequence they're even better. The words? Day and Off.

That's right folks...I'm taking the day off. Its already after 9:00 and I have no idea what I'm going to do with the hours stretching out in front of me but I know one thing for damn sure - I won't be working. Not even a teensy little bit.

Maybe I'll catch up on some of my favorite blogs. Maybe I'll learn the ancient and traditional art of hula dancing. Maybe I'll hop over to the Middle East and work on that whole peace thing. Or I can just sit on my ass.

Happy Friday to all of you!!

Posted by Chris at February 18, 2005 9:40 AM
Comments

Lucky you to have an extra day off. I guess I can't complain, I do get Monday off...except it's supposed to snow. Enjoy your long weekend. Don't do anything too strenuous. :o)

Posted by: Milly at February 18, 2005 9:45 AM

Good, you can finally relax after your stupidly busy week! (Did ya catch that reference to Mrs. Cactus' adjective? I'm totally using it now. LOL)

My hubby took the day off too - last night we went to the nursery (plants, not babies) and bought tons of flowers and other landscaping stuff. So he's spending the day making our yard look pretty. He told me I won't recognize the house when I get home. :)

Posted by: Kitty at February 18, 2005 9:59 AM

Sitting on your ass and catching up on your favorite blogs aren't mutually exclusive. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy yourself.

Posted by: Patricia at February 18, 2005 10:08 AM

The option of sitting on one's ass is very appealing. You're making me second-guess this whole going-to-class thing I have to do today.

I hope your day is full of nothing but relaxation!

Posted by: Anne at February 18, 2005 10:17 AM

Hmmm... personally I prefer the ass-Diet Dr Pepper-Lifetime Movie Network trio.

Posted by: Stacy at February 18, 2005 10:24 AM

well it's about damn time Mr. Workaholic!

One of my fave questions: how can there be such a difference between a day off and an off day?

hahahahahha enjoy yours!!!

Posted by: bluepoppy at February 18, 2005 10:46 AM

I'm with you, brother. I have Monday off. Suggestions for you: "Iron Chef", Xbox/PlayStation/PC games (whatever you got), go to a movie with Beth (when your little one arrives, you won't have time for this), take Beth out to lunch (see previous suggestion), go surf.

Posted by: Jason at February 18, 2005 10:55 AM

Enjoy your day. But if you put on a hula skirt and coconut bra, you better take pictures.

Posted by: SpaceCase at February 18, 2005 11:00 AM

I vote for hula, but only if we get video.

Posted by: Dawnie at February 18, 2005 11:09 AM

Lucky you! Enjoy your long weekend -It'll probably be a 4 day, right?
And seriously, if you learn how to hula dance, you've GOT to teach me!

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at February 18, 2005 11:19 AM

two more words for ya... WOO HOO!
enjoy the silence!

Posted by: monique at February 18, 2005 11:21 AM

Oh yeah, the peace thing. That definitely needs work--oops...well, just sit on your ass then.

Posted by: Sheryl at February 18, 2005 11:37 AM

Forget the peace in the Middle East thing. Not that I'm against it, but that would take so much work and do you really want to work that much on your day off? I didn't think so. I say make an imprint of your body of the couch and waste away the whole day. Enjoy it.

Posted by: smartjuice at February 18, 2005 11:37 AM

Hmmm - maybe have sex all day? Me, i have a working lunch today. So I'll be envious of your blog reading, sexual, tv watching, food eating, pants lounging day :P

Posted by: Rae at February 18, 2005 11:50 AM

definitely sit on your ass. Sounds like you deserve it. Enjoy!

Posted by: donna at February 18, 2005 11:55 AM

Isn't it a long weekend for you Yankees? ;)

Posted by: Stacey at February 18, 2005 11:55 AM

Woo hoo! I am sitting on my ass too, reading blogs, except it's cleverly disguised as being at work pretending to look busy. I think I would be busted if I started hula dancing.

I'll be happy just to have Monday off.

Enjoy your long-ass weekend!

Posted by: ms.quilty at February 18, 2005 12:31 PM

Enjoy your day off! I could use one of those myself! :)

Posted by: My Other Side at February 18, 2005 12:32 PM

Doesn't the Hula tell a story?

Learn a Hula peace dance and head over to the Middle East--then you accomplish 2 of the things. :)

Posted by: amy at February 18, 2005 12:44 PM

That's so awesome you have the day off! I could refer you to some incredible hula instructors, but yes if you could hop over the middle east and fix it once and for all I'd appreciate it. And maybe even stop over and knock some sense into North Korea as well? Maybe offering some cool Cactus gear will give Kim Jong a clue and a half???

Posted by: groovebunny at February 18, 2005 12:47 PM

Have an excellent day off!! Oh and if you hula dance, you must provide proof of Cactus in a grass skirt! *snork*

Posted by: Tricia at February 18, 2005 12:56 PM

I noticed there's a lot of "day" and "off" for you. I think you need to start working harder. :)

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at February 18, 2005 1:00 PM

I am all for the sitting on yer ass part. However, I do believe that *giggle* learning something new, like *giggle* hula dancing is very good for the soul! It is even better for the souls of those who get pictures of you in a grass skirt! *giggle*

Posted by: Jade at February 18, 2005 1:13 PM

Yano, Jon, I was thinking the exact same thing. What strings are you pulling over there, Cactus,to get so many freebies? Sigh...I need a vacation. I would be happy to sit on my ass with a good book, a beer, and some salty ass chips. So I say forget about peace and the hula- just do nothing for a few hours. :) Enjoy!

Posted by: Bayou at February 18, 2005 1:15 PM

All that stuff you "might" do... you're gonna do that after you do the Friday happy dance, right? I mean, why mess with tradition?

Posted by: Gweny at February 18, 2005 1:28 PM

Happy Friday to you! I hope you have Monday off too, for a four day weekend. I mean, my company doesn't close for any holiday, and even we get Monday off. :) Enjoy your rest and relaxation.

Posted by: bad penguin at February 18, 2005 2:12 PM

Me...I hope your sitting on your ass...RELAXING! The week was hell! Its time for a little bit of heaven! I am wishing I was with you on the purple couches (I have them now too!) and catching up on blogs! : )

Posted by: Gypsy at February 18, 2005 3:36 PM

Your last thought is the one that appeals to me. Have a great weekend. And I hope that whatever you did, you enjoyed your day off.
Cas

Posted by: cassie-b at February 18, 2005 3:43 PM

Sit on your salty ass then!

Posted by: Sue at February 18, 2005 4:05 PM

Wait, so all day I have been work work working and you have been sitting on your salty ass??? I hope you taped Dawson's Creek for me at least. :)

Have a great weekend!

Posted by: supine at February 18, 2005 4:16 PM

Woohoo! Days off are beautiful. I suppose I have one by accident today...all I had was French class, but I've now slept through my alarm and missed that. Prof's gonna kill me.

Posted by: Heather at February 18, 2005 4:22 PM

Hey, maybe if you sit on your ass and ride it to the Middle East, didn't Jesus ride an ass to Jerusalem, wearing a hula skirt while singing Don Ho songs on a ukulele, everyone will laugh and be happy. Then they will decide that life is too fun to be fight’n and the world will be at peace. You will be hailed as a great hero and given a lifetime supply of beer!

Hope you enjoy the Middle East! Wear a hat!
Blue

Posted by: Blue at February 18, 2005 4:28 PM

Happy Friday! ;)

Posted by: granola at February 18, 2005 4:52 PM

why don't you just save yourself some trouble and admit you never actually work on fridays.

Posted by: laura at February 18, 2005 5:37 PM

I hope you enjoyed your day off. You totally deserve it :))

Posted by: Sweety at February 19, 2005 4:23 AM

Yay! A day off! Congrats! I hope you spent the day doing nothing but relaxing in your comfies and eating cereal. Funny how cereal is such a comfort food. I love days off - yesterday was a lieu day for me for all of my "over-time". I would much rather if they just paid out the $$ to me :)

Posted by: Marie at February 19, 2005 8:52 AM