March 2, 2005

We Got The Beat

What, you didn't believe me when I said we used the doppler heartbeat thingy on the cat?

Silly. Of course we did!

Posted by Chris at March 2, 2005 5:43 PM
Comments

what did it sound like? just loud purring?

whenever I have a headache, I try to get the cat to lay on my head, purring is soothing.

Posted by: jodi at March 2, 2005 5:52 PM

HA! That's cute.

Posted by: Ginny at March 2, 2005 6:20 PM

aw you first time parents you... owning a doppler heartbeat thingy... can you track storms with that? i'd think the purring would sound like, ummm, purring?

Posted by: monique at March 2, 2005 7:33 PM

That's cool! Just passing on a little story from my brother who became a step-dad when he married his wife to a 6 year old bombshell. The first time Jack knew he was in for it was when his wife was not able to go to Ryan's school to see the latest mischief he was up to. Jack was free, raring to make an impression as a good parent, so he went. Ryan was waiting in the principal's office and the principal was waiting for Jack. The two men talked about Ryan's latest transgression; socking another boy who "looked at him wrong". Jack turned to Ryan and said, "You know that's not nice. What do you think we should do about correcting this, Ryan?" Ryan looked studiously at Jack and then suddenly stood up, raised his hands in the air, and shouted at the top of his lungs, "We should pray to the Almighty for my sinning soul! God shall deliver me from evil and I shall be SAVED!!" Jack picked up Ryan, carted him outside the school, put the kid in the truck, closed the truck's door, and then he started laughing.

See what you have to look forward to? Btw, Ryan is now 12 and Jack attributes half his gray hair to the kid. lol

Posted by: etherian at March 2, 2005 7:34 PM

That? Is awesome.

Posted by: Heather at March 2, 2005 7:48 PM

Jodi, does it ever stay there?? Mine don't even stay on my lap when I want them too, just when I'm reading a book or just really can't have them on my lap!

Posted by: JustAgirl at March 2, 2005 8:17 PM

Hee hee. I love you guys. I'm so glad you're having a kid!

Posted by: alektra at March 2, 2005 8:29 PM

Oh I wish I had a doppler thingy when I was pregnant, it would have been one more thing I could have done to drive those around me insane lol!!!

Posted by: Nina at March 2, 2005 9:34 PM

I love it here and can not wait till you guys have a kid...a babycatcus is going to be so Kwel!

Posted by: Vickie at March 2, 2005 10:10 PM

How DOES one get their own personal doppler heart beat thingy....must be a gadget guy thing.. *wink* hope the cat was healthy!

Posted by: Michelle at March 2, 2005 10:37 PM

LMBO
Too cute!
Did you hear a heartbeat? Huh? Did ya? Did ya? LOL
Cause you know, cats have 9 lives. But I wonder if after they die the first time, when they come back to they really have a heartbeat. LOL
Sorry [non-sense here] lmbo

Posted by: La Bella at March 3, 2005 1:02 AM

LOL great picture!

Posted by: groovebunny at March 3, 2005 1:12 AM

i knew that if i waited a little the evidence would present itself

Posted by: chlamygirl at March 3, 2005 7:42 AM

LOL
Ok, there goes the coffee again!
Anybody know where I can get a plastic cover for my keyboard?!

Posted by: Jade at March 3, 2005 8:37 AM

You people are indeed twisted. :D

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at March 3, 2005 9:23 AM

JustAGirl, she used to stay on my head. she had this thing, when she was a kitten, about sleeping tucked under my chin, across my neck, or on my head. when she got bigger, that became more difficult, as i could not breath with cat on my face. eventually, she started to sleep on other parts of me. but before that, yes, i could get her to purr on my head. i swear, it's the best thing if you've got a really bad headache.

Posted by: jodi at March 3, 2005 10:11 AM

Simba is still small enough that he crawls on Matt's head at night and just purrs... loudly. He wakes us up sometimes.

Of course, that's before he sticks his nose in matt's hair and falls alseep.

I want a doppler for my kitties!

Posted by: Autumn at March 3, 2005 11:05 AM

That's funny. At least Beth didn't bring hers to work so she could listen to the heartbeat all day. I had a co-worker who did that once and she let everyone have a listen. I understand wanting to hear the heart beat, but this woman was a bit obsessive.

Posted by: Milly at March 3, 2005 11:39 AM

My cats are no longer safe. I SO know what I'm going to be doing with my doppler when I get home tonight! HAHAH!

Posted by: Kimmer at March 3, 2005 4:17 PM

I love you guys!! LOL Beth you look amazing!

Posted by: Tricia at March 4, 2005 8:37 AM

Hehehe, Here Kitty Kitty... LOL!!

Posted by: Tammy at March 6, 2005 9:35 AM