April 20, 2005

Action and Idol Dorkyness

Dayum, yesterday was action-packed, but not in a cool Jet Li, exploding building kind of way. It was much more boring than that and revolved around editing documents and getting presentations together. Hardly a Die Hard sequel. Today? More of the same. But before I do all that work crap, I have to admit to something - I'm an American Idol fan. I even vote.

That said, did anyone watch last night? Because if you did, I have a serious question for you - were the judges watching the same performances Fox was beaming to our televisions to watch in the comfort of our own homes? The performances? Sucked! At least most of them did. Yet Randy and Simon seemed to dig them. Paula? Well, she likes everything and I'm pretty sure she's smoking crack during the breaks. Oh...and Constantine officially creeps me out. What do you women see in him?

Posted by Chris at April 20, 2005 7:32 AM
Comments

Sorry, I don't watch. But I do agree with you - Constantine creeps me out too.

Posted by: Kris at April 20, 2005 7:49 AM

Constantine creeps me out too! I hate his little head tilts. HATE THEM! He totally thinks he's the hottest ever. (he's not).

Posted by: Pamalamadingdong at April 20, 2005 7:57 AM

never watched Idol ever. =)

and please don't squash my images of you going around the office all Matrix-y! i always picture you in meetings walking up walls and kicking clients in the head! (you know you want to)

Posted by: monique at April 20, 2005 8:34 AM

i watched and i cringed as well....and yes, contantine and his little 'oh my god, i'm so SEXY' looks are wearing me thin...but, bo...bo, rocks - at least he did last night.

Posted by: jen at April 20, 2005 8:34 AM

Hey, Cactus! I feel so behind on my blogwalking, but I just wanted to let you know I am consulting full-time now, and to THANK you again for the wonderful banner you created for my website!

You rock!

Posted by: jen at April 20, 2005 9:19 AM

WHAT???!!!! Contantine ROCKS! A) He is been formally trained B) he is older, so therefor he is more mature than the others C) He has great stage presence D) an amazing range E) Yeah, I'll admit it,I think he is pretty hot. He gives great sexy looks to the camera.

( I will admit that last night his performance was not "up to par" and he looked freaky with eye makeup on, but I am sure that was not his doing)

Posted by: alfredsmom at April 20, 2005 9:20 AM

yeah, even my favorite, Carrie, didn't do very well last night...and constantine was wearing eyeliner in a last ditch effort to be even MORE rocker-ish...(shudders in disgust)

Posted by: liz at April 20, 2005 9:34 AM

Nope... don't watch it anymore. Guess William Hung did it for me :)

Posted by: Luna at April 20, 2005 9:48 AM

Constantine grossed me out the night he did the "tongue slurp" move...yuck.

Bo Bice was the only one that I thought was any good last night.

Posted by: Cindy at April 20, 2005 10:00 AM

Constantine is creepy. What's with all the faces? He is so NOT sexy. I checked with my 13 year old to see if it's teenage girls who are keeping him in the competition. "Gross" is her opinion. So what age range does he appeal to? Is it the 20-30 year olds?

And Paula is definitely on something, Carrie has hair problems, and Bo rocks.

I only watch to spend quality time (?) with my kids. Really.

Posted by: Carolyn at April 20, 2005 10:15 AM

I don't watch American Idol. I'm trying to wean myself off reality shows. I still dig The Surreal Life, though.

And Paula? Definitely on crack. You called it.

Posted by: Gweny at April 20, 2005 10:18 AM

constantine has always creeped me out... and that BUTT CHIN!!! The only that is as bad as that is the penis nose... he is so arrogant and not rocker - he's david cassidy!
I think vonzell did rock even though yes she was sharp a couple of times. my favorite femme is still Carrie though, she is just beautiful and so sweet. Bo rocks my caspa too. him and carrie [or vonzell since i don't vote] will more then likely be the last 2 standing. *crossing my fingers*

Posted by: angel at April 20, 2005 10:36 AM

yep. creeps me out too.

Posted by: kalisah at April 20, 2005 10:37 AM

Yeah...I watch Idol too. I don't vote though...I mean...I have to draw the line somewhere.

I didn't think anyone was great, but didn't think there was pure suckage either.

Posted by: JP at April 20, 2005 10:53 AM

The sexy looks Constantine gives the camera are a bit over the top but I think he does it like that on purpose. I saw him in a traveling production of the musical Rent and he was amazing. I was able to meet him after the show and he was very laid back and funny, not arrogant as much as confident. Hugely better than he comes off on AI.

Posted by: Melissa at April 20, 2005 11:24 AM

I have been disappointed for weeks with the discordant judge - home perception of the talent being displayed on AI. I thought that this was the most talented group I've seen on this show and now they suck! Anwar had the theme right in his wheelhouse and picks one of the best funky songs of the era to ruin. I'm not sure if He's hidng a lack of range or just keeps picking songs that don't match up well with his register. Sing Blade had the performance of his life last week and picked another good song this week in spite of not being able to win. Scott looks more like the guy who ruins your day by robbing the convenience store your in than an Idol. Carrie- people need to get over her. She moves like my grandmother. STOP "DANCING" people think she's adorable but she's not an AI. Vonzell needs to take a real chance in order to vault herself into the lead. She's in the top three but now's the time to start walking away from the pack. My "vote" says that either Anwar (for squandering his talent) or Anthony Federov need to go tonight.

Posted by: j.tonic at April 20, 2005 11:31 AM

I haven't seen any of this season :( Only reality tv show I live for is the Apprentice ;)

Posted by: Chrissie at April 20, 2005 11:33 AM

All the guys on Idol freak me out. I don't get it. And Randy and Paula are the most inaccurate judges EVER. Simon might be a dick, but at least he's USUALLY right.

Then again, I am the same girl that had a sex dream about Simon... Obviously I'm deeply disturbed and am not to be trusted.

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at April 20, 2005 11:59 AM

Constantine is dirrrty. He's always molesting me with his eyes. I don't get the appeal either.

Posted by: Fraulein N at April 20, 2005 12:20 PM

Ha, yes, I watched last night, and other than thinking Bo's performance was pretty good, I wasn't overly impressed. OK, I'll admit to a little girly crush on Constantine in the beginning, but now, definitely getting creepy.

I just don't understand why Anthony and Scott are still there, they both suck and the makeovers this year from beginning to end have been horrific. Only Vonzell and Bo really look like they used to.

Posted by: A.K. at April 20, 2005 12:22 PM

i don't watch the show, but I thought of you this morning because I walked into am/pm for my morning dr. pepper, and John Denver's "Thank God I'm a country boy" was playing.

It's a TOE TAPPER, by golly!

Posted by: jodi at April 20, 2005 12:23 PM

I don't watch that show, but Constantine is a GUY?!

Posted by: Pink Sun Drops at April 20, 2005 12:50 PM

I'm with j.tonic, and also carolyn, who watches to bond with her kids.

We each got a vote last night - I cast mine for Bo, my six year old daughter wanted Vonzell, and my 12 year old son voted for Constantine, despite the eye makeup (or maybe because of it - I forgot to ask.)

And Constantine? I can see the appeal - and have to admit that I've even fallen for it from time to time. But that's because he sang my favorite David Cassidy song. And if you try to tell me that I close my eyes and pretend he's singing it just for me?

I'll deny it hotly...

Posted by: Betsy at April 20, 2005 12:57 PM

I totally loved Constantine from the beginning, but ever since he started the tongue thing he is a little bit creepy....I totally vote for BO! He sounds wonderful and is not all "About" himself.

Posted by: Jennifer at April 20, 2005 2:05 PM

Last night I tuned into American Idol for the first time this season, and I was reasonably surprised by how much better it seems this year. The REAL MUSICAL instruments impressed me as well. But really, who can take anyone named Constantine seriously?

Posted by: samantha at April 20, 2005 3:32 PM

constantine is def creepy, i decided that weeks and weeks ago, but i kinda liked last nights performances, they weren't as bad a musical/theater night. i vote too, multiple times, shh...dont tell.

Posted by: lizabetty at April 20, 2005 4:31 PM

Hee..I think that constantine is very good...vocally...but then...look at what I listen to? Plus...he has done musicals and such..and is professionally trained. why does he creep you out so? You have to have a reason. Although, even I will say he was a little heavy handed in the eyeliner department.

But I also think Bo is good...and I have recently started enjoying Vonzell...at the beginning of AI I was not impressed with her...

Posted by: Amy at April 20, 2005 4:46 PM

And I voted too...more than once. :D

Posted by: Amy at April 20, 2005 4:47 PM

It's ok to watch American Idol. I was, too, once a fan. That is until I wasn't able to watch it anymore to bigger and better new shows, and time conflicts. oh well... i am, however, and Amazing Race addict... I watched that last night, and must I say I was so happy for the winners. they worked so hard and the chick shaved her head in no time.. not a minute to think about it. that guts.. and she looked just as good afterwards. not to sound racist or anything, because i'm not..., but African Americans can pull of being bald... now if I were to do it... well... i wouldn't make anyone look at me! Great show that was!!

Posted by: Dubs at April 20, 2005 5:25 PM

o h m y g o d.... i was justr describing a wekkend not that long ago as action packed, but not quite like a jet li film... what are the chances?!?

Posted by: chlamygirl at April 20, 2005 6:45 PM

::shiver:: Constantine gives me the creeps too! Not all women find him attractive. Me? I'm a Bo Bice fan. And I agree that the performances I saw on my TV couldn't have been the same ones Randy and Simon were commenting on. I thought almost all of the contestants gave rough performances last night and was shocked that Simon wasn't shooting from the hip about it. Paula might as well not be there on the judges panel, just put a recording of assorted positive comments in her place. I'm tired of her never finding anything wrong at all.
Now look what you did, I'm out of the closet with the Idol addiction and I managed to rant at the same time.

Posted by: T. Marie at April 20, 2005 7:32 PM

HA! I just posted about this on my blog.

Constantine looks like a Fat Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump

Posted by: Snidget at April 20, 2005 8:42 PM

Please don't hate me but I loved last nights performance. i didn't see Carrie and Constatine thought. I agree with ya on Constatine!

Posted by: Lauren at April 20, 2005 9:09 PM

*hangs head* Yes, I vote too.

Constantine weirded me out yesterday with his newly highlighted hair and that awful eyeliner. I HATE the looks he gives the camera (and subsequently, me). I'm all about Bo.

Other than that... I agree with the Paula/Crack thing. Either they feed it to her during commercials or whatever is in that Coke glass in front of her is laced with it. Hmmm... coke in the Coke glass? YOU be the judge!

Posted by: ironic1 at April 20, 2005 9:12 PM

I don't watch any of the shows. I've never seen Idol. I did hear a morning radio program talking about Paula the other day, though. They were saying the Idol people won't let her get up and walk around at all during the breaks in the show because she is so unsteady right now and that there is talk about doing an intervention because she is taking so many pain pills from... get this... an old cheerleading injury. Yep. That's what I heard.

Posted by: Keri at April 21, 2005 9:06 AM

Constantine is smarmy personified. I just can't believe Scott is still around but Nadia is gone. People are idiots. At least they got rid of Anwar last night.

Posted by: Sheryl at April 21, 2005 10:44 AM