April 8, 2005

Bonut

Are you all completely tired of my boring, half-assed entries yet? I promise that, in the very near future, I'll make a whole-assed attempt. I'll throw both cheeks into the effort. I'm certainly not going to be able to start this morning because I got practically no sleep last night. But this morning? I visited my usual morning coffee and doughnut place. One of the very kind ladies who runs the place is retiring. And I didn't realize it until I was out of there but she gave me a bonus doughnut. How nice is that? Is there anything better on a rainy Friday morning than a bonus doughnut? I think not. Unless, of course, you're giving me the day off.

Enough about me...what are your plans for the weekend? And if you don't have any, make up something really exciting.

Posted by Chris at April 8, 2005 7:17 AM
Comments

Happy Friday RC!

If you're bored today, my significant other highjacked by blog with a rant on comics that I am sure that any left-leaning male would appreciate!

Weekend plans = finishing guest bedroom. MD and I's house is going to become a hostel for the needy once again as we are taking in another friend in need (the 3rd in 2.5 years). We finished building some shelves last night...painting is next!

Have a good one!

Posted by: wn at April 8, 2005 7:22 AM

skiing in the alps, followed by a refreshing climb up mt. everest.

or unplugging the phone and having a couch marathon. :P

Posted by: zalary at April 8, 2005 7:31 AM

Awww...a bonus doughnut. I wonder if Dunkin' Donuts would throw in a bonus Turbo Ice for me? Nahhh, that ain't happenin'. Hope you have a great Friday RC.
My weekend? Apartment hunting.

Posted by: T.Marie at April 8, 2005 7:33 AM

I have today off! Whoo Hoo! Cosmo Boy is working, then playing in a hockey tournament tonight & tomorrow then he's golfing on Sunday - so I have the place to myself ALL weekend. Which really means I'm going to clean :( and watch chick flicks :)

Posted by: Marie at April 8, 2005 7:34 AM

Me? oh a very exciting weekend is planned indeed. Tonight, after giving two of the best massages ever (yes, I am that confident in my abilities) we will be attending out local Indian resturant with two people who are funding our wedding.

Tomorrow - still up in the air, but they are saying nothing aggressive yet, as my spleen is still trying to exit my thoracic cavity. But, Sunday, oh beautiful Sunday - we're meeting with a wedding photographer! finally!!

Or maybe we'll skip it all and fly to the bahamas. Why wait, I say.

Posted by: Autumn at April 8, 2005 7:54 AM

I have a Bridal shower to go to on Sunday, and Princess will be attending a birthday party for upstairs neighbors son with Roomie. Then on Monday (yeah that's my weekend) I have a class to attend in the morning, then a get together with a whole bunch of mommy friends to do mommy things with the kids. Somewhere in there I also have to clean my house. Guess what is NOT a priority hee!!!

Posted by: Nina at April 8, 2005 8:00 AM

Well, the bad news about this weekend is that I'm going to have to come into work for a couple of hours, the good news is that I get to go and see my friend Noah play a gig on Saturday night. It all works out.

Posted by: amber at April 8, 2005 8:26 AM

I'll be going parasailing this weekend. You know, the usual.

Posted by: Fraulein N at April 8, 2005 8:44 AM

OK, let's see. Tonight, much drinking with friends we haven't had the chance to hang out with for a while. Tomorrow, yard work (unless the drinking was much too much the prior night), then grilling on the deck and picking out curtains with my brother (don't ask) and then Sunday, more yard work. 'Tis the season! Have a great weekend!

Posted by: Empress at April 8, 2005 8:47 AM

Wow... I've got a long day of neurosurgeries ahead of me. Fortunately I'm pretty good now and can do them one-handed while I write the Great American Novel with the other. Tonight will be spent babysitting quadruplets who all have the flu.

Tomorrow, if all goes well I'll dig a pool in my backyard, then plan my acceptance speech for the Nobel next year.

Sunday should be pretty quiet. I'm designing a new line of handbags and curing a disease. You know, the usual.

Or, yeah, the couch thing zalary mentioned.

Posted by: Stacy at April 8, 2005 8:49 AM

After joining a group of archeologists to continue the search for the Holy Grail, I will pop over to Africa and spend Saturday afternoon photographing lions, zebras, elephants and giraffes. Then I'm jetting off to Japan to meet up with my beau who's vacationing there and we are going to climb Mt. Fuji after eating plates full of sushi and drinking sake. Sunday I'll be back at home, building the addition on the house which I will finish in time to watch Desperate Housewives in the new 'tv room/jacuzzi.'

Okay - I'm going to Austin for a family reunion. Good god, I hope I finish the slide show!!!!

Posted by: carrster at April 8, 2005 9:04 AM

I'll be curing cancer and doing my Sports Illustrated swimsuit shoot, as usual.

Posted by: alektra at April 8, 2005 9:09 AM

We're flying to Atlanta to go to the Masters! OK, my husband is flying to the Masters (a business trip, darn) and I will be stuck at home with two children. :)

Posted by: A.K. at April 8, 2005 9:12 AM

Tonight, I volunteer at my daughter's school. Tomorrow is my daughter's first soccer game and fondue night at my friend's house. And Sunday is recovering from fondue night at my friend's house.

Posted by: Nicole at April 8, 2005 9:14 AM

I'm thinkin' sleep is in the future. Well except for that pesky thing I promised to take pictures of, then sleep. Glorious and wonderful sleep!

Posted by: Jeff A at April 8, 2005 9:22 AM

I leave tonight for a second honeymoon trip to Costa Rica. We fly into San Jose and rent a car and drive to Jaco. Stay the night in Jaco and rise early to surf for a couple hours. Stop just long enough for a couple servings of ceviche and then off we go to Arenal for a night of gazing at the Arenal Volcano and hanging in the hot springs. Sunday brings another drive back south to Villa Caletas and a relaxing dip in the pool complete with margaritas.

Posted by: Jazzy at April 8, 2005 9:31 AM

well tonight i am gonna win the lottery and then i awill go shopping. then i am going to hotwire a really nice car and take it home with me. after that i am going to hop on a plane and make my way over to aruba for some time by the water and some much needed suntan rays!!! lastly i will call into work on sunday night, telling them that i have malaria and can't be sure of when i will return.

Posted by: lizabetty at April 8, 2005 9:43 AM

Happy Friday too!

I plan on sleeping. And possibly? Sleeping. Oh. And maybe writing a research paper, but probably not. And laundry. And? Sleeping!

Posted by: Queen of Ass at April 8, 2005 9:49 AM

Going down to Minnepolis/St. Paul to visit friends and a friend that's on leave from Iraq. So basically heavy drinking and making a fool of myself. It's gonna be great! ;)

Posted by: tonya at April 8, 2005 9:57 AM

Tomorrow night is the Prism dance put on by the students at the local university. It's for the gay and lesbian association. There is a drag show that starts at midnight (the horror! So late!), and every semester, we dress outrageously and go.

I am not making this one up.

Posted by: jenorama at April 8, 2005 10:00 AM

if all works out, i am going to see Shivaree tomorrow night at Neumo's. However, I also have to work, we are in ship mode. and i have lots of technical documentation to finish writing by monday. and i am going to sleep.

Posted by: jodi at April 8, 2005 10:08 AM

I bought tickets to the Duran Duran concert up in PA on Saturday (8th row! whoohoo!) and am going with my friend who saw them with me back in 1984. Gonna be a drunken fool-fest. I even rented us a hotel room within crawling distance of the arena.
Stay tuned on Monday for all the dirt.

Posted by: Geezitron at April 8, 2005 10:11 AM

Flying to Madrid to have lunch with the King's granddaughter. I'm marrying rich.

Or I will be following my girlfriend around as she takes pictures of small children in fields of flowers. It's bluebonnet season, you do know. I am the photographer's assistant, with no pay.

Score on the Bonut!

Posted by: smartjuice at April 8, 2005 10:35 AM

Yay for Bonuts!

And, dude, you have GOT to start getting more sleep. Because once the baby hits, you're not going to sleep for at least 3 or 4 months. I have seen it, and it is not pretty. Best to start off well-rested.

Posted by: Dawnie at April 8, 2005 10:55 AM

Surfing after work tonight. Surfing tomorrow morning. Up to L.A. to see the in-laws on Saturday. Birthday party for a friend on Sunday. Surfing afterwards. All the while bemoaning the fact that I gotta wait until July for the next season of "Battlestar Galactica".

Posted by: Jason at April 8, 2005 11:04 AM

I cannot tell a lie: my only plan for the weekend is to study and work on homework. The end of the semester is coming up, so I have a lot of work to do. But I do plan on seeing a movie tonight--is that exciting enough?

By the way, I love your appreciation of the bonus donut. Too many people overlook the small things that make life good.

Posted by: Spring at April 8, 2005 11:22 AM

My weekend plans are BIRTHDAY BABY! Its ALLLL about me this weekend.

Extra donut on a rainy morning?? EXCELLENT.

Posted by: amy at April 8, 2005 11:29 AM

Hurray!! It's Friday!! We made it alive! My plans are to conquer world hunger & spread modal sheets across the world cause EVERYONE who had slept on modal sheets knows that it would create world peace. THE END

Posted by: angel at April 8, 2005 11:30 AM

It's the boyfriend's birthday weekend, so the weekend is packed. Last night we BBQ'd and drank some 40 year old cognac. Tonight is happy hour and beyond. Tomorrow is dinner and drinks with some out-of-town friends. Sunday? Dark Angel re-runs, naps and Indian take out. Hope your weekend is a good one!

Posted by: Heather at April 8, 2005 11:33 AM

Hubby and I will be partaking in some Chi-town culinary delights Saturday night, and then our parents are going to take us to and foot the bill for my three favorite words: Sunday breakfast buffet.

Posted by: Mirella at April 8, 2005 12:15 PM

I just got home from a week away! Have you heard my exciting interview with my mother-in-law? Anyways this weekend, i will be doing nothing!! Being in the countryside is exhausting!

Posted by: mrsmogul at April 8, 2005 1:01 PM

What someone said a little earlier on really cracked me up...about babysitting quadruplets? Yeah, that's what my mom's doing this weekend. Volunteer. And they're one. Myself, I'll be working and doing homework, with a crazy 80s themed bowling night on Saturday thrown in the mix. Oh, and helping my 20 year old friend find out if he's a daddy. It'll be a blast.

Posted by: Heather at April 8, 2005 5:08 PM

let's see... what kind of donut was it? every once in a while they'd through an extra bavarian cream for us... yum, DD's bavarian cream donuts (insert drooling homer sound here)

anyway, the weekend... saturday will be spent making the house all shiny and sparkly and sunday will be spent avoiding it while strangers walk through it and hopefully offer large sums of money to buy it. a.k.a. open house weekend at casa abrowncow.

Posted by: monique at April 8, 2005 5:15 PM

I am going to dress my son up as a Power Ranger, drag him around on tones of innane errands, hop him up on pancakes loaded with syrup and suasage and orange juice, and play Abba in the van non-stop until he his violently in need of a twirl and a dance.

And then, I will lay in wait. And them moment my gone-all-week to Texas husband walks through that door, honey, I am G-O-N-E!

(Leaving my jetlagged dear one holding a squirming, costumed, sugar & carb-high, Abba-singing, bored, strung-out preschooler).

How's that for weekend plans?

Posted by: Elizabeth at April 8, 2005 5:42 PM

I am going to work in a luxurious, $650,000 house and have no customers. Which means that I will recline on the soft couch and watch soap operas on the plasma tv. After that, I will surf the Internet for awhile and then go home at 5 pm, $50 richer than how I started out.

Oh wait, that was today... :)

Posted by: Sepra at April 8, 2005 7:46 PM

We're flying to the Bahamas and then we're going to be doing some bungee jumping. Since we'll be bringing our two dogs (sorry, the cats have to stay home) we'll also be using them to hunt down wayward maitre'd's.

Posted by: etherian at April 8, 2005 8:30 PM

No bonus donuts for me.
Catching up on 24 and Alias (we are still in Season 1), reading half-assed blogs, and launching my business on Sunday.

Posted by: Jessica at April 8, 2005 9:23 PM

My sister's bridal shower is tomorrow. The first of three sisters to get married...crazy. Although maybe not TOO crazy, since she'll be turning 27 this summer. Hopefully the shower will be fun. One girl planned all the games...I'm going to try to hide behind a camera. Wish me luck. :)

Posted by: Zandria at April 8, 2005 11:13 PM

I get to see the love of my life, who lives on another continent. No joke. I'm picking him up in about 6 hours, and he's staying for my entire spring break. Two weeks!

Posted by: Alison at April 9, 2005 2:09 AM

A bonus donut! That's awesome. I wish retire age was 26 :))

Weekend plans? Well, study study study study, and study for my exams. And tonight Mr. Sweety is celebrating his bday. He turns 29 Sunday. And that party requires a lot of yummie food to be prepared :)

Posted by: Sweety at April 9, 2005 2:40 AM

i'm sitting for a friend... watching her 6 and 3 year old daughters while she and her husband attend a reunion. after 8 hours of being with these two very cute, very funny little girls i only have one thing to say: when's bedtime?? damn i'm tired!

and dude, they get up between 6 and 7 am. thank god they're cute cuz otherwise we've be in serious trouble.

Posted by: patricia at April 9, 2005 7:37 PM