April 6, 2005

Hump Day Multiple Choice

Here's a hump day multiple choice question for you. Who's not going to be around much of the day because he's tied up in meetings and conferences in DC the whole damn day?

A. His Holiness, The Pope
B. Television's Johnny Carson
C. Me, Rude Cactus
D. Former Eight Is Enough star Willy Ames
E. Rock Legend Jimi Hendrix

If you guessed C, you are completely and utterly brilliant yet, sadly, correct. Its supposed to be 80...eight-ohhh...degrees out there today. Why would I want to spend that inside? I don't. So, enjoy it for me, okay? And if I haven't been by your site in a while, my humble apologies. Its been a busy few days and I'm just now digging myself out. Anyway, Happy Hump Day!!

Posted by Chris at April 6, 2005 7:15 AM
Comments

Hump Day - my inner Beavis snickers. :)

Posted by: Amanda at April 6, 2005 7:26 AM

Inner Beavis. LOL.

My hump day is more than half over. I don't have to teach today, so I'll go outside and soak up some rays for you, Chris, 'kay?

Posted by: Alison at April 6, 2005 7:33 AM

Only supposed to be in the mid 60's here, however that is a great improvement over what it has been, so I'll take it! The only other problems are the rising waters which is making the river around my house rise, and the gas prices, which seem to be rising as fast as the river. Other than that, I have my car back, life is GOOD :-)

Posted by: Nina at April 6, 2005 7:39 AM

stinkin' rotten work and meetings on a beautiful day. it's just not fair. unfortunately, i'll be stuck inside with you. well, not with you, but with you. LOL. hope it goes by quickly! (and at least we can enjoy a little sunshine after work since the time change!)

Posted by: zalary at April 6, 2005 7:49 AM

I find it highly suspicious that Willy Ames and Chris the Cactus have never been seen together.

Chris is really Bibleman, pass it on.

Posted by: jen at April 6, 2005 8:40 AM

It's such a shame that we can't go out and play on such awesome weather days! Don't you just hate it when it's snowing and yucky outside and you have all the time in the world to kill -- maybe outside too? And when it's 80! No sir! You need to be indoors working your butt off! I think I am going to officially move the HOLIDAYS to whenever the first signs of spring show up?

You with me on that?

Posted by: Luna at April 6, 2005 8:54 AM

What happens on Happy Hump Day?

I hope you have a nice day anyways, Chris, and I they don't tie those ropes to tight, because it hurts as I know.

Posted by: Rockchild at April 6, 2005 9:27 AM

Hump Day + Daylight Savings Time = Dragging my ass

Posted by: Queen of Ass at April 6, 2005 9:33 AM

Fuck work.Get out there and wash that new Dad-mobile!

Posted by: at April 6, 2005 9:44 AM

It really is gorgeous out there today, isn't it? I am also stuck inside. I hope it is still nice this weekend!

Posted by: bad penguin at April 6, 2005 9:47 AM

I feel for you. We too have beautiful weather, not too hot, not too cold, just right. They are few and far between these days.

Posted by: Jazzy at April 6, 2005 9:49 AM

I hope you can at least get outside for a lunch break.

The business world has no heart.

Posted by: Anne at April 6, 2005 10:11 AM

Rain here :( What's hump day?

Posted by: Sweety at April 6, 2005 10:41 AM

If you get free time - let me know!!!!! I'm front and center at well..Metro Center!

Posted by: Sue at April 6, 2005 10:42 AM

Glad someone else had the courage to make a humorous remark about a person who's loved - nay, revered - by billions the world over, a man who is seen as the embodiment of all that is right and good in the world. I did it on my blog the other day and have had my tires slashed, brick thrown through my window, and received death threats. So no more Willie Ames jokes for me.

Posted by: Jason at April 6, 2005 10:47 AM

All our nice weather was at the beginning of the week. Now we are getting the crap!

Posted by: Jeff A at April 6, 2005 10:49 AM

80 degrees? Wow. It's 40 something right now in Seattle. I'm not entirely sure I'm jealous of you though, I kind of like it cool sometimes.

Posted by: Carla at April 6, 2005 11:16 AM

i called in sick because my son has an ear infection ... and he really does. but that doesn't mean we can't go out to the playground now, does it? hee hee.

if it makes you feel any better, i was in all those meetings monday and yesterday. this area SUCKS for meetings, because everybody LOVES to have them. ugh. good luck!

Posted by: tj at April 6, 2005 11:34 AM

E. Me. Jodi

Except, it's not in DC. And it's not 80 degrees here. But I am in a conference all day, today and tomorrow.

Posted by: jodi at April 6, 2005 11:48 AM

Ah yes. I have corporate visitors at my office all day today, so I, too, will be trapped inside for the next ten hours. Good times!

Posted by: Heather at April 6, 2005 11:53 AM

Yeah it's been hot here too but windy. i hate that combo, also alittle rain sprinkling yet still hot, again another combo i hate. i'd rather it be cold when it's rainy or stormy or windy - gives so many more excuses to cuddle and be close! Also i don't like the heat here cause it is so damn dry... i prefer my a/c desk or walking around in the a/c then roasting in dry heat [well if i were at the beach it'd be another story]

Posted by: angel at April 6, 2005 12:43 PM

Dang and I picked A. Well, isn't he kinda busy now?

Totally tasteless joke, my bad. Sorry you're so busy lately!

Posted by: Lori at April 6, 2005 2:18 PM

Willie Aames is a GOD, man i loved him as buddy lembeck, lol!!! charles was a dweeb, but not buddy!

Posted by: lizabetty at April 6, 2005 3:06 PM

An old Navy phrase - "When in doubt, choose Charlie" I'm going for c.

Posted by: cassie-b at April 6, 2005 7:00 PM

Damn. I was going to guess.

Posted by: Maureen at April 6, 2005 10:01 PM

Wait, Willie Ames is dead???? Where have I been?

I'm happy to report that DC's warmth decided to follow me to Chicago -- we've had unusually warm weather since my arrival. But I'm glad to hear I didn't take DC's warmth with me when I left :)

Posted by: Mirella at April 6, 2005 10:12 PM

Oh my god, is it just me or was it like 400 degrees outside by lunchtime today? We'd better still have an actual springtime coming to us...I will be really sad if Monday and Tuesday were it. :)

Posted by: supine at April 6, 2005 11:30 PM

I'm so jealous of the weatehr your having (but not jealous of you being stuck inside). try to get out and enjoy the weather for me, ok?

Posted by: Marie at April 7, 2005 5:52 PM