April 29, 2005

Kickback

I kissed Beth's belly this morning and the Bean kicked back. I kissed again. Another kick. It went on like that a couple more times. Then I started feeling like maybe I was wearing out my welcome but really I wished to believe it was actually me she was responding to and I didn't want to be proven wrong. So I stopped.

I'm taking the day off...so I'm trying to decide exactly what I should do with the day. I was going to paint the nursery but its starting to rain and, unless I want to get high, I'm thinking a well-ventelated room is the way to go. Perhaps tomorrow. Maybe I'll start my iPod playlist for the baby. There are so many songs she needs to know...

I wish you all a monumentally happy Friday. Enjoy. And if you're feeling a little stressed out, just kick back and listen...this one's definitely going on the Bean's playlist.

Posted by Chris at April 29, 2005 9:50 AM
Comments

Really? Once the kicking starts having some muscle behind it, it's not so bad (from the mom's point of view). But I understand not wanting to be wrong about your assumption either. Hehe!

Posted by: Queen of Ass at April 29, 2005 10:02 AM

That's so cool. They say babies can hear voices when they are in the womb, so maybe she recognized you!

I enjoyed listening to that song as I ate my bagel. What a nice way to start my work day.

Posted by: bad penguin at April 29, 2005 10:06 AM

Hey there! Just found your blog and enjoyed it! Hope you'll visit mine at http://mooalex.blogspot.com

Posted by: LJ at April 29, 2005 10:11 AM

lovely song. iPod list for the baby. That'll be wonderful. Enjoy your day off.

Posted by: Autumn at April 29, 2005 10:16 AM

Sting singing is always a calming influence for a baby. I hope you have a great day off.

Posted by: goodsnake at April 29, 2005 10:25 AM

I love me some Sting. Happy Kicking Friday! Wish I was off!

Posted by: Jazzy at April 29, 2005 10:26 AM

sometimes? Sting makes my toes curl.

Posted by: Pamalamadingdong at April 29, 2005 10:33 AM

Happy Friday!

I posted Molly's pic w/her Zero Tolerance shirt and it's going over pretty well... maybe you'll get some more sales!

Posted by: Stacy at April 29, 2005 10:54 AM

That's the nicest post I've read this week, bar none. Thanks, Chris! Brought back nice memories and good thoughts about the continuity of life, especially when it's in good and thoughtful hands. Have a great weekend.

Posted by: Vicki at April 29, 2005 10:58 AM

Happy Friday Chris! I am sure Bean knew it was her Daddy and she gave you some love kicks ;)

Posted by: Chrissie at April 29, 2005 11:11 AM

Beautiful music.

Thanks

Posted by: cassie-b at April 29, 2005 11:30 AM

Hello! Vicki sent me over for some wonderfulness. Thank you. I was not disappointed. My husband and I are still working up to the baby thing - I'm in to it, I'm not - he's the same way. But it's little precious things like someone's tiny foot banging on the womb because she recognizes a voice that makes me into it again. Thank you.

Posted by: sp00kalot at April 29, 2005 11:38 AM

Awwww.

Getting high? OK. Getting high on paint fumes? Not so much.

As your legions of adoring fans have already told you - have a super awesome, spectacular day off and a great weekend! Today is bar-b-que day here (every month we have a big shindig at work) so that's not too bad.

Give the Bean a kiss for us, will ya? *mwah*

Posted by: Ms. Q at April 29, 2005 11:44 AM

have a good weekend

Posted by: annie at April 29, 2005 12:22 PM

What a great song! I needed the stress relief! Since that was so nice, I'm going to go download some similar tunes and play with mixes. Yay for days off!

Posted by: Raybelle at April 29, 2005 12:34 PM

i am so happy that i knew who that was...i like that song! usually i am unfamiliar with your audio music stuff, i feel outta the loop, lol. happy friday!

Posted by: lizabetty at April 29, 2005 12:35 PM

I love Sting so much. I never had the chance to get all his albums, I had never heard this before. I will be listening to this on a regular basis and Driving The Boy crazy.

Thanks. And Beanette loves you back, I promise.

Posted by: alektra at April 29, 2005 12:42 PM

believe it or not, i have never heard Sting, and becuase of the adioblog, i added him to my luanchcast. Dont blame me, im just a youngin', lol. Thats so addorable, the baby kicking when you kissed Beth's belly. And I think its too cute how you call her Bean. For an adult, your not so bad. I'm sure she'll feel lucky to have you as a dad and Beth as a mom. Hope this one makes your weekend all that and a bag of chips!

Posted by: Melody at April 29, 2005 1:48 PM

I'm currently listening to Rob Zombie - a remix of "Dragula" that is found on my comp CD of tunes from the show "Alias". Rob Zombie is the AntiSting.

Posted by: Jason at April 29, 2005 1:53 PM

AWESOME tuneage. Hope the day off was good. :)

Posted by: susannah at April 29, 2005 2:32 PM

That's a lovely song, and the perfect soundtrack to a rainy afternoon. Thanks, Chris!

Posted by: sawni at April 29, 2005 3:04 PM

You talk to that baby everyday until it is born and it will recognize you the minute it is out. And then talk to him/her everyday thereafter for the rest of your life. I love your post.

Posted by: kenju at April 29, 2005 3:58 PM

I think she's definately responding to you!
This song is great! Super addition to the Beans playlist!

Posted by: Jade at April 29, 2005 4:14 PM

Hope you had a fantastic Friday. Have a great weekend!

Posted by: SpaceCase at April 29, 2005 4:40 PM

Playing the likes of Sting...the bean is bound to have good taste! Way to go, Poppy!

Posted by: Lizzie at April 29, 2005 5:18 PM

Painting the nursery in the rain could be a great experience. iPod's a better choice I guess. Hope you had a great day. Great story about the bean BTW.

Posted by: j.tonic at April 29, 2005 5:32 PM

Lovely song. You're going to be a great father.

Posted by: Alison at April 29, 2005 5:53 PM

Nuttin' like getting kicked in the face by your own daughter! :-D

Posted by: Ginny at April 29, 2005 8:18 PM

I'm with Lizabetty ;)

Happy Friday!

Posted by: Lauren at April 29, 2005 8:49 PM

Bean wasn't kicking you out, she was saying hi. My friend (her daughter is now 3 mo.!) said every time she rested a glass of ice water on her tummy Nadia would kick. THAT's a case of dislike. It was just too cold. :)

Posted by: Kitty at April 30, 2005 12:51 AM

Perhaps she wasn't kicking you, but returning kisses to her Daddy! Awwww, isn't that sweet!

Love the song. You seem like a very Sting kind of guy.

Posted by: Gweny at April 30, 2005 2:05 AM

Hey, what a great post (especially if it makes Spookalot want to have kids, so the pressure on me to have the biological grandkids is off!)

Posted by: Jen at May 1, 2005 10:11 AM

those are the most magical moments...the first connections and the promise of the fun to come!

thanks for sharing it with us!

Posted by: jen at May 1, 2005 11:38 AM

That is so awesome! that is, until you feel your ribs being spinkicked by a mini Jet Li, and then it isn't so wonderful. BUT the real fun is the first bath, the first nap on daddy's chest, and the moment your eyes lock with theirs and you know that all is right with the world for just you. I remember those moments. Good luck!

Posted by: Tish at May 1, 2005 4:17 PM