April 20, 2005

Perspective...And The Bean

I've been working my ass off. I mean, there's some ass left but at this rate it'll be gone by the end of the week. I've got a big presentation tomorrow, something I've been working towards for pretty much the last four months. I feel like I haven't slept in, oh, about 3918 days and I've had a headache for just about as many. So it was pretty amazing when I saw the Beanette this morning, six weeks older and bigger, and the world pretty much melted away.

Beth and I had a sonogram appointment first thing this morning. And we got to see our little girl. She's in there, her heart's beating strongly and her arms and legs are moving around. Its probably a little uncomfortable for Beth but it sure is a wonderful sight to see. While the stresses of the every day world sucked me back in, it reinforced perspective. Some things pay the bills...others are truly important.

That said, its 8:20 and I'm still working.

Posted by Chris at April 20, 2005 8:18 PM
Comments

i'm in the same boat. only, in my boat, it's not a presentation but a product release. and i am SO OVER IT. i want to go back to flakey jodi. i miss her.

Posted by: jodi at April 20, 2005 8:28 PM

God or the Pope or someone (Darwin?) makes them very very cute right from the start. And they stay very cute until you have no ass left. I am always amazed at what people can do for their children that they couldn't/ wouldn't do for themselves. Truly.

Posted by: Vicki at April 20, 2005 8:29 PM

While you're at it, could you work off some of my ass? I could do with a little less.

Work is poo, but a dancing Beanette rocks!

I hope your work ickyness is over soon and you get some rest and relaxation time soon!

Posted by: jen at April 20, 2005 8:34 PM

Has it been six weeks since the last sonogram? She's already growing up so fast!

It's nice to have a little perspective once in a while. Speaking of, I have a teenage daughter at home who needs help with an essay so I should really consider leaving the office at some point tonight. My only non-school night and where am I? At work. You know what John says, right? Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

Posted by: Ms. Q at April 20, 2005 8:36 PM

that first peek at the living being you've created. wow. congrats.

try to at least take bathroom breaks, you do NOT want to skip those. er, so i've heard.

Posted by: tj at April 20, 2005 8:38 PM

Some things pay the bills...others are truly important.

TOUCHE and could you tell my Chris that please? PLEASE?

Posted by: amy at April 20, 2005 8:42 PM

Ever notice how kids put a different perspective on things? Even before they are born!

Posted by: Nina at April 20, 2005 9:36 PM

Scan the sonogram pictures? Auntie Internet would love to see!

I'm so excited!!!

Posted by: alektra at April 20, 2005 9:44 PM

Yes, what tasks are you being assigned at work that are actually minumizing your ass? I would like to get in on that, please. Sorry you are so busy and stressed! Hope it settles down for you soon.

Posted by: supine at April 21, 2005 12:54 AM

i forgot, what did you say you were gonna name her??

Posted by: lizabetty at April 21, 2005 5:02 PM