April 12, 2005

Presentation? Not So Much

For the record...the presentation went well. So well, in fact, that I don't remember it. Yep. Time just flew by. Oh. Wait. Maybe its because they ran out of time and never got around to me. That could be it.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Hopefully I can bottle it for the next time I really need it!

Posted by Chris at April 12, 2005 6:25 PM
Comments

That is by far the best presentation story I've heard.

Are you on for the next meeting? Or are you actually out of the presentation for this one

Posted by: cassie-b at April 12, 2005 6:57 PM

what did you promise god to get that to happen?

Posted by: jodi at April 12, 2005 7:26 PM

I hate when that happens. The last time it happened to me I'd been told an hour before the meeting that I was to give a five minute update. Five minutes, big whoop, right? Whatever. So I spend the time before the meeting looking up stats and trying to figure out what would interest people more. Yadda yadda yadda. Meeting's over and I'm left with a handful of papers that nobody gave a damn about, least of all me.

Posted by: patricia at April 12, 2005 8:08 PM

It could be worse than not getting to you...when I was in debate class at college, it was my turn to state my point, which by the way, I have no recollection of what the debate was on, I leaned into the mic...and out came a big huge BURP!! There was silence for a minute, then the whole auditorium burst into laughter! Looking back, it was so funny, but at the time I wanted the floor to open and swallow me lol!

Posted by: Nina at April 12, 2005 8:21 PM

damn. I must say your day was then a million times better then mine. maybe even a billion.

But I'm super glad for you. Work presentations are the worst.

Posted by: Autumn at April 12, 2005 9:18 PM

jeez that must have sucked, being all prepared and nervous...all for NADA! chz whiz, oh well.

Posted by: lizabetty at April 12, 2005 9:43 PM

It's a not a good thing, since you need all the promotions you can get. Your wife has announced to the world (well, our part of it anyway) that you 'must be' father to 3 other kids already.

Them's lotsa mouths to feed, boy.

Posted by: angela marie at April 12, 2005 11:32 PM