April 11, 2005

The First iPod

Just a little while ago, ABC News and the New York Times told me that the President has gonorrhea an iPod. My first reaction? Well, that's kinda cool, the President using an iPod and stuff but then - shock of all shocks - he kinda let me down. Turns out Dubya doesn't have a lot of time to surf the virtual wide aisles of the music superhighway so he pawns the downloading duties off on personal aide Blake Gottesman or media strategist Mark McKinnon.

Personally, if I ever get too important to pick my own tunes, it isn't worth doing anymore. Even the leader of the free world should take some time to pick his own music. Beth disagrees, thinking its better he focus on other, more important stuff. I'm left to wonder what more important things Dubya possibly has to ponder.

Posted by Chris at April 11, 2005 8:03 PM
Comments

I'm going to have to go with Beth on this one. However, if I were the leader of the free world and the person in charge of downloading the tunes for me did a less-than-stellar job doing it, I would have to have them locked in the tower.

On the very remote chance that I am elected Queen of America, I hereby appoint you, Chris of Rude Cactus, to the position of Chief of Staff in Charge of iPod Tunage.

Posted by: Ms. Q at April 11, 2005 8:16 PM

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the President's playlist was on prime-time news.

Posted by: Raybelle at April 11, 2005 8:25 PM

do you suppose he has people pick his reading material too? oh wait. damn but that was a stupid question... on sooo many levels. seriously, the jokes write themselves.

Posted by: patricia at April 11, 2005 8:30 PM

This disturbs me. Number one, only COOL people have or need an iPod. Number two, if you need someone else to download your tunes, that just accentuates the fact that you are UNcool. Proves what I suspected all along. "W" stands for "warm". Get it? Uncool.

Posted by: JuJu's Mom at April 11, 2005 8:34 PM

i don't want him having an iPod! i guess the only comfort is that he got it for his birthday, from his daughters. i don't even want them having an ipod.

god forbid anyone ever be in charge of developing my tastes for me.

Posted by: jodi at April 11, 2005 8:41 PM

in fact in fact in fact in fact... maybe it would be BETTER if he were distracted by his iPod!!

Posted by: jodi at April 11, 2005 8:46 PM

I don't see "Adventure Dog" on that playlist...
(btw, VERY NICE LOGO for EditRx)

Posted by: vicki at April 11, 2005 9:15 PM

i kind of agree with both of you. i think that if you can't pick your own music and just sponge off of others' tastes, then you shouldn't have an ipod.

but then again... he IS the president and probably should be doing more important things than downloading a joss stone/melissa ethridge tribute to janis joplin.

Posted by: Denise at April 11, 2005 9:54 PM

See with all respect this is the stuff that I don't care about with regard to our President. I don't care if our President has an iPod. I don't care if our President gets blow jobs from his interns. If we have a strong economy and are not at war...those things I wonder what the President is doing. In Dubya's case he better be focusing on something other than an iPod. Sorry I am smashing cynic tonight.

Posted by: Michelle at April 11, 2005 10:27 PM

Not surprising, you're talking about a man who only has half a brain, and that part he uses to hide his head in the sand and make up things so he doesn't have to face reality.
Oh goodness, did I say that out loud?? Damn my inner monologue is broken again!!!
hehehe

Posted by: Nina at April 11, 2005 11:33 PM

Maybe I'm just lazy, but I like the idea of making a list, handing it to someone along with my iPod, then having it delivered back to me filled with the songs I wanted.

If he doesn't CHOOSE his own songs, though, that's silly. And pointless.

Posted by: DeAnn at April 12, 2005 12:02 AM

I don't have access to NYTimes, but what the heck was on it? Creed and "Achy Breaky Heart"?

Posted by: alektra at April 12, 2005 12:21 AM

Suddenly, the iPod turns a sharp right...

Posted by: Oakley at April 12, 2005 12:22 AM

with all respect to Beth; what the hell does she think that this president is going to focus on that is more important given his priorities. Me, I'd rather see him distracted by music. Might stop another dippy the shit stick moment by him? (what?? a girl can hope non?)

Posted by: stinkerbell at April 12, 2005 6:17 AM

#1 - why is the American public even informed of this kind of crap. I mean, come on, people are dying, and the NYT is concerned about Bush's iPod?!?!

#2 - what a sad thing. Besides, is he had time to make a list up, he'd have time to hit the store for music. As for his selections: I'm guessing self righteous hyper-religious crap. That, or "Songs from Hell" sang by various demons, occasionally accompanied by Satan himself.

Posted by: Autumn at April 12, 2005 7:11 AM

I feel a little better that he doesn't have a Creative Nomad like I do. And I so refused to check out his playlist - although I'm dying of curiosity ;)

Posted by: Daria at April 12, 2005 8:23 AM

i think i am the last person in the free world without an ipod. hell my bf suisse even has one [not apple ipod but some sort of mp3 player]

Posted by: angel at April 12, 2005 10:12 AM

Umm... I'll have to side with you on this one! Music? Can't be delegated! But I guess that's just out of habit that he delegates that too to someone else.... not because he doesn't have the time! Oh wait! May be he doesn't know how to download songs? Did you ever consider that? I think we should show some sympathy for the man :)

Posted by: Luna at April 12, 2005 10:39 AM

Maybe he doesn't know how to choose his own music. ? It wouldn't surprise me!

Posted by: Jessica at April 12, 2005 2:20 PM

georgy peorgy prob jogs with it, hummin away to tunes he doesn't even like. weird.
sidenote...i stil dont have one, woe is me :(

Posted by: lizabetty at April 12, 2005 2:49 PM

On the other hand, if he did download his own music, I'm guessing all of the comments would be things like why is he wasting precious tax payer money time doing idiotic things like that when he's got perfectly good aides to do it.

Posted by: wlfldy at April 13, 2005 8:13 AM